• I'd make the final
    • I'd be an early out
    • I'd be Porkchop
    • I wouldn't even survive the audition

Featured Posts

Ziggy
3 hours ago, calmar said:

idk I'm entertained by fairness :crossed:

I would be too but then again they’re on s17 now and I’ve never even had a wisp of the entertainment industry :laughga:

calmar
52 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I would be too but then again they’re on s17 now and I’ve never even had a wisp of the entertainment industry :laughga:

fairness would absolutely be them choosing 3 random other contestants from the season for each of the Top 3 to lipsync against. For Plane Jane, the spinner lands on Amanda Tori Meating, and Amanda destroys her in the lipsync, preventing Plane from moving on to the final 2

:trollga:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • LMAO 4

Ladle Ghoulash
13 minutes ago, calmar said:

fairness would absolutely be them choosing 3 random other contestants from the season for each of the Top 3 to lipsync against. For Plane Jane, the spinner lands on Amanda Tori Meating, and Amanda destroys her in the lipsync, preventing Plane from moving on to the final 2

Amanda, is that you? 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Way0ut
17 minutes ago, calmar said:

What if all 3 remaining queens lose to the eliminated queens?

• Thanks 1

calmar
1 hour ago, Way0ut said:

Then chaos :vegas:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

alsemanche

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 4

chromaticainmyhead
On 4/21/2024 at 12:24 AM, Reality said:

I'm sure even Ru was prepared to crown Sapphira, especially after they seemed to have the best rapport during the show, but it's hard to deny that Nymphia killed it. 

I doubt they were surely crowning Sapphira. Season 15 Sasha was solid. This season though they were balancing everything out until last minute so no clear front runner was apparent. Sapphira had the best track record, if they were to create a Sasha situation with Sapphira they had the chances yet they continued to give Plane her fourth win in the make over challenge and even Nymphia got a win right before going into the finale with the podcast challenge, though she was technically behind Plane and Sapphira but the judging was extra positive so it wasn't that big of a deal. They were about to crown anyone who had the best finale performance.

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay
  • Like 2

Reality
1 hour ago, chromaticainmyhead said:

I doubt they were surely crowning Sapphira. Season 15 Sasha was solid. This season though they were balancing everything out until last minute so no clear front runner was apparent. Sapphira had the best track record, if they were to create a Sasha situation with Sapphira they had the chances yet they continued to give Plane her fourth win in the make over challenge and even Nymphia got a win right before going into the finale with the podcast challenge, though she was technically behind Plane and Sapphira but the judging was extra positive so it wasn't that big of a deal. They were about to crown anyone who had the best finale performance.

I felt like the editing + Sapphira's track record made it apparent that she was the front-runner. She had a great "mother" edit, had a lot of vulnerable moments, and objectively did the best out of the 3 finalists.

In regards to the makeover challenge, Sapphira wasn't going to win that regardless. She had the worst makeover transformation, so it was never in the cards for her to get her 5th win there. Plane winning was a choice though, I think it could've gone to Q or Nymphia. 

I think Nymphia gained a lot of momentum in the last two competitive episodes (makeover + the podcast challenges). She was more vulnerable and showed a different side of herself that we hadn't seen yet. Though, I don't know if that was enough for her to win. Sapphira also did well in the podcast challenge, and I don't think the discrepancy between Nymphia's win and Sapphira's "high" placement was that big to justify the sudden switch-up to Nymphia's win in the end. 

And Sapphira arguably had the best solo performance in the finale too. I think they were mentally prepared to crown Sapphira, but when Nymphia did so well in the final lip sync, it's hard to deny her win. 

Edited by Reality
🃏🖤👹
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

AndiGaga

Sapphira had a big disadvantage because Sasha Colby, MOTHER, won the privious season

They have a lot of smiliarities in that mother vibe and Nymphia is SO fresh and young

Edited by AndiGaga
  • Like 2

Ziggy
17 hours ago, Way0ut said:

That’s how game of thrones starts :vegas:

Ziggy
7 hours ago, AndiGaga said:

Sapphira had a big disadvantage because Sasha Colby, MOTHER, won the prior season

They have a lot of smiliarities in that mother vibe and Nymphia is SO fresh and young

I actually do think it came down to this. They weren’t gonna do a mother win again. It’d be too obvious and kinda boring to do the same story twice. Now why they made nymphia’s what it was idk but I am so happy for her and with her as a winner lmao

bionic
12 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I actually do think it came down to this. They weren’t gonna do a mother win again. It’d be too obvious and kinda boring to do the same story twice. Now why they made nymphia’s what it was idk but I am so happy for her and with her as a winner lmao

i guess they literally didn't have much else to work with lmao

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

SlowLoris

I'm sorry but this finale felt a bit bootleg and Dinky to me.  I get they were probably making sure stuff didn't leak by having a smaller audience, but the fact that they got rid of so many things.... The golden boot, Porkchop making an appearance, interviews with all the Queens, etc.

Also the endless montages to fill time and the awkward setup of ru standing perfectly still on the stage, squinting to read cue cards and not even facing the queen he was talking to.  Is it hard to use chairs to make the interview feel more relaxed and personal????

I don't actually mind the results, I just think the time could've been used more wisely and the setup could have been much better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

calmar
1 hour ago, SlowLoris said:

I'm sorry but this finale felt a bit bootleg and Dinky to me.  I get they were probably making sure stuff didn't leak by having a smaller audience, but the fact that they got rid of so many things.... The golden boot, Porkchop making an appearance, interviews with all the Queens, etc.

Also the endless montages to fill time and the awkward setup of ru standing perfectly still on the stage, squinting to read cue cards and not even facing the queen he was talking to.  Is it hard to use chairs to make the interview feel more relaxed and personal????

I don't actually mind the results, I just think the time could've been used more wisely and the setup could have been much better.

The not facing the person he's talking to, from what I understand, is just how filming something works. He has to face the camera, and if he were to also face the person he's speaking to, that person's head would block the shot. And I guess since he's a "main character" they want him facing the camera more often than not; he's not edited to be seen from the side very often while in drag, especially during a main season behind the judges' panel.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • Like 1