Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Nine Perfect Strangers

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Ok YES! Big Little Lies is THAT show :giveup:

NPS seemed slow but honestly I can't take my eyes off the screen. Each character is so interesting and episode 4 really started to unravel everyone. Can't wait to see more about Masha! Nicole can literally do ANY role! Melissa McCarthy also surprised me with her more serious role. 

1 hour ago, SOON said:

IKR? I was so used to see her in comedy but she did THAT! Honestly the whole cast is flawless. And Regina fvcking Hall  :sara: :nooo:

You should see Melissa's movie trailer for The Starling and bring a tissue. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

Nicole Kidman is amazing but it just is not on the level of Big Little Lies and The Undoing. There's not enough depth and too many superficial moments for me.

BlingNotTheMusic
19 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Nicole Kidman is amazing but it just is not on the level of Big Little Lies and The Undoing. There's not enough depth and too many superficial moments for me.

Did you watch episode 4?

Madam Margolyes

Melissa mccarthy and regina hall have always been impressive in their dramatic roles (particularly can you ever forgive me and support the girls), glad that this series showcases more of that :applause:

Also FINALLY luke evans is playing a gay man lol :gaysia:

BlingNotTheMusic
21 minutes ago, SadBoi808 said:

Not her giving them shrooms 

Spoiler alert sis! :sharon:

psilocybin mushrooms shrooms GIF

SadBoi808
7 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Spoiler alert sis! :sharon:

psilocybin mushrooms shrooms GIF

Help how do I hide spoilers 😭 

Also, The grape scene in episode 2 made me laugh so hard I had tears. That alone is enough to make you watch the show 

Bradley
1 hour ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Did you watch episode 4?

Yes. As usual Nicole was trying to save the show... was trying...

Wixson

Ugh, I've been waiting for this show ever since they announced it - but then again, that's what I say for anything Nicole Kidman does. :rip: She's my all time favorite actress and I'm so happy for her branching out into producing and finding success there, as well. So far, the show's been entertaining as hell! Melissa is always a joy to watch, never seen Regina Hall in a role like this, Bobby seems a bit typecast but I don't mind. Apparently, deeper we go, more batshit it gets. 

While I don't think it's gonna be as successful awards-wise as Nicole's previous TV endeavours, it's Hulu's most watched original project ever:applause:

BlingNotTheMusic
8 hours ago, SadBoi808 said:

Help how do I hide spoilers 😭 

Also, The grape scene in episode 2 made me laugh so hard I had tears. That alone is enough to make you watch the show 

If you're on your phone, turn it sideways and there's an eyecon. Click it and a box will appear for your spoilers :vegas:

BlingNotTheMusic
7 hours ago, Bradley said:

Yes. As usual Nicole was trying to save the show... was trying...

Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

Sorry you don't like it

Helxig

I saw the trailer for this recently and... it felt like a horror trailer to me but... I also got the idea that the show was taking itself seriously and had a completely unironic kind of... slightly pretentious 'find yourself' theme. Like Eat Pray Love meets Midsommar... Idk I couldn't work it out from the trailer and I'm not curious enough to watch it. Can someone explain to me what it's actually like to watch?

Also, side note, I saw this really interesting write up about a year ago about how the world might be ready for another boom in cults, similar to the 70's. Because of the unique combination we have right now of financial crisis, people feeling like they have no purpose or sense of belonging, the effects of covid, and the boom of wellness culture and spirtuaity. And I feel like I'm already starting to see that come to fruition with how cult-like some of those organised diet and exercise groups are with their members only retreats, and projects like this and Lorde's Solar Power, and groups of people I see living in communes together online etc... gives me the heeby-jeebies

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

BlingNotTheMusic
22 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I saw the trailer for this recently and... it felt like a horror trailer to me but... I also got the idea that the show was taking itself seriously and had a completely unironic kind of... slightly pretentious 'find yourself' theme. Like Eat Pray Love meets Midsommar... Idk I couldn't work it out from the trailer and I'm not curious enough to watch it. Can someone explain to me what it's actually like to watch?

Also, side note, I saw this really interesting write up about a year ago about how the world might be ready for another boom in cults, similar to the 70's. Because of the unique combination we have right now of financial crisis, people feeling like they have no purpose or sense of belonging, the effects of covid, and the boom of wellness culture and spirtuaity. And I feel like I'm already starting to see that come to fruition with how cult-like some of those organised diet and exercise groups are with their members only retreats, and projects like this and Lorde's Solar Power, and groups of people I see living in communes together online etc... gives me the heeby-jeebies

It's a very well written drama with comedic elements and a stellar ensemble cast. The first 2-3 episodes really engage you with the characters and then things start to unravel more episode 4. 

It feels very mysterious and suspenseful, and there's gonna be some twists soon since it's based on Lianne Moriarty's book.  

I can't concentrate half the time. Manny Jacinto is breathtaking to look at

Samara Weaving lowkey plays Jess like Annie Murphy played Alexis in Schitt's Creek :laughga:

Archived