Judaz 786 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 1 minute ago, alsemanche said: Because it is So you'd rather not take a booster shot and feel ill for 2-3 days but instead catch the virus, get very sick, and possibly end up in the ICU and/or dead or permanently damaged? Many vaccines have more than one or two shots and boosters in the future. Some are even taken yearly like the flu shot (which most people don't take anyway but COVID is a lot worse than the flu). I didn't say I was ill for 2- 3 days try months and as for covid I lost my taste for 2 days I no which I would prefer. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
alsemanche 97,855 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 2 minutes ago, Judaz said: I didn't say I was ill for 2- 3 days try months and as for covid I lost my taste for 2 days I no which I would prefer. Well then you were lucky with COVID, and you very well might not be next time you catch it, not with all the variants popping up. If you choose not to take the booster shot, at least stay home or keep your double masks on at all times when you need to go out and don't put others in danger because no one should suffer the consequences of such actions. Soft, soothing, and succulent Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gabe 2,633 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 24 minutes ago, nswain1110 said: I originally got the J&J back in April. I decided to go and get a Moderna booster in July based on some medical professionals and scientists saying J&J wasn't holding up to variants. To get it I had to lie at a Walgreens and say it was my first time. No, I do not feel bad for lying. My state (like most here in the US) has a surplus of vaccines because 48% of folks here (so far) have opted not to get vaxed. I wouldn't feel bad, and if I were you I'd get the second Moderna shot too. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mister G 10,533 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 37 minutes ago, alsemanche said: I'm all for this but question: don't you guys have an official vaccination card that says how many shots you've taken and when? Because in my country, we have a government-issued certificate that has all the dates written down and they check them after your first shot to make sure that you already got it before they give you the second shot. Only for Pfizer & Moderna did they need to see the card as proof of the first dose. J&J was only one shot. I called my doctor after I learned that the J&J vaccine had lower efficacy against the Delta Variant. She recommended getting one of the mRna vaccines. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MadreMonster 2,584 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 51 minutes ago, Judaz said: Why are people celebrating like this is a good thing. Will this mean we have to get a shot every 8 months? Thought 2 shots of the vaccine was enough I'm so sick of this ****. The second shot made me really ill I'm deffos saying no to a 3rd. Blame the unvaccinated. They are the reason this is getting worse Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ssslyboy 3,273 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 50 minutes ago, alsemanche said: Because it is So you'd rather not take a booster shot and feel ill for 2-3 days but instead catch the virus, get very sick, and possibly end up in the ICU and/or dead or permanently damaged? No fully vaccinated people are going to the ICU and dying or having permanent damage. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ThisGuyTony 35,545 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 What are the side effects of a third shot? I hated the effects after the second shot. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
alsemanche 97,855 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 5 minutes ago, ssslyboy said: No fully vaccinated people are going to the ICU and dying or having permanent damage. Now. The point of a booster shot is to push back your immunity to a higher level after months of taking the vaccine, when you become more vulnerable to it. Plus new variants might pop up at any second and affect us a lot more, which makes a third shot all the more important. Also some fully vaxxed people are actually ending up in the ICU but they usually have other health issues or are old. I personally know of at least 2 such cases. Soft, soothing, and succulent Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CyanLights 15,576 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 5 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said: What are the side effects of a third shot? I hated the effects after the second shot. I don’t think we know yet. From what I have seen, drinking amount about fluids like water and Gatorade both before and after really help minimize the effects Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,174 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 1 hour ago, Judaz said: Why are people celebrating like this is a good thing. Will this mean we have to get a shot every 8 months? Thought 2 shots of the vaccine was enough I'm so sick of this ****. The second shot made me really ill I'm deffos saying no to a 3rd. Never take annually flu shots have you? Those are vaccines too, you know? (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ssslyboy 3,273 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 14 minutes ago, alsemanche said: Now. The point of a booster shot is to push back your immunity to a higher level after months of taking the vaccine, when you become more vulnerable to it. Plus new variants might pop up at any second and affect us a lot more, which makes a third shot all the more important. Also some fully vaxxed people are actually ending up in the ICU but they usually have other health issues or are old. I personally know of at least 2 such cases. I know what a booster shot is. But can have a moment before we start with the next phase of panic p*rn regarding vaccines? With the exception of the elderly with co-morbidities, the vaccines are working. I've done everything I've been asked to for the last year and a half, including getting fully vaccinated. I need a breather before I'm told I'm gonna kill myself or other people if I don't get a booster asap. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RahrahWitch 6,985 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 I'm honestly afraid people wont get them. It's hard enough to get some people to get the vaccine in the first place but with people I know who've been vaccinated they are refusing the idea of getting a booster just because they got sick for a day. If it turns out that immunity dose wane with the vaccines (which we'll likely find out soon) then we've got a whole new sub group of antivaxxers that's prolonging the pandemic and risking lives... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GregJA 5,653 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 In my province they are saying 28 days after your second Mr. No Award Winner 2020 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
alsemanche 97,855 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 1 minute ago, ssslyboy said: I know what a booster shot is. But can have a moment before we start with the next phase of panic p*rn regarding vaccines? With the exception of the elderly with co-morbidities, the vaccines are working. I've done everything I've been asked to for the last year and a half, including getting fully vaccinated. I need a breather before I'm told I'm gonna kill myself or other people if I don't get a booster asap. Umm who tf said you need to take it asap? There's a certain gap between dose 2 and 3 that should be respected (I believe they said it was 8 months in the US). What we're talking about is what's gonna happen in the future. They haven't even started with the booster shots and you have people acting like this is the biggest breach of their freedom and bodies and that they refuse to get another shot of something they were told only needed 2 shots (back when variants were barely there, mind you) because it might cause discomfort. If we don't start pushing for a booster shot and push people to get it, it's gonna be too late by the time they are officially widely introduced. If telling people that a booster is not the end of the world and that not taking it will do harm to everyone is panic p*rn then so be it, I'd rather have people panicking then watch them ignore what they need to do because they think they're above it. Sadly the virus and its mutations do not care about my feelings or yours. Soft, soothing, and succulent Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ssslyboy 3,273 Posted August 18, 2021 Share Posted August 18, 2021 1 minute ago, alsemanche said: Umm who tf said you need to take it asap? There's a certain gap between dose 2 and 3 that should be respected (I believe they said it was 8 months in the US). What we're talking about is what's gonna happen in the future. They haven't even started with the booster shots and you have people acting like this is the biggest breach of their freedom and bodies and that they refuse to get another shot of something they were told only needed 2 shots (back when variants were barely there, mind you) because it might cause discomfort. If we don't start pushing for a booster shot and push people to get it, it's gonna be too late by the time they are officially widely introduced. If telling people that a booster is not the end of the world and that not taking it will do harm to everyone is panic p*rn then so be it, I'd rather have people panicking then watch them ignore what they need to do because they think they're above it. Sadly the virus and its mutations do not care about my feelings or yours. I rest my case. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.