gagzus 25,752 Posted 16 hours ago Share Posted 16 hours ago 1 4 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 25,752 Posted 15 hours ago Author Share Posted 15 hours ago Now the only problem is; are they going to stop companies from just raising their baseline pricing? Because that happened when companies had “VAT relief” during the summer on children’s prices for places like cinemas and theme parks. They just raised their prices to what it was with VAT temporarily and then lowered it again. 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
weed 79,386 Posted 15 hours ago Share Posted 15 hours ago all I think of is Fallout 4 but I pray for you 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 25,752 Posted 15 hours ago Author Share Posted 15 hours ago 9 minutes ago, weed said: all I think of is Fallout 4 but I pray for you Never played so care to elaborate for us diva? Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
onTheBrink 1,833 Posted 15 hours ago Share Posted 15 hours ago This is great and I love Andy Burnham, but I feel like this lets suppliers off the hook. We've forgotten how much prices jumped at the start of the Ukraine War and we're just used to being extorted by this point. you missed a bit Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 25,752 Posted 15 hours ago Author Share Posted 15 hours ago 2 minutes ago, onTheBrink said: This is great and I love Andy Burnham, but I feel like this lets suppliers off the hook. We've forgotten how much prices jumped at the start of the Ukraine War and we're just used to being extorted by this point. The thing I always find annoying personally is that proportionately; Gas is far more expensive than electricity. Especially in the winter, so the VAT deserved to be removed from Gas not Electricity imo. Most people don’t have problems keeping electricity on in their homes, but they sure do find it hard to heat them. Especially now we’re projected to have even colder winters to match our new hot summers 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
onTheBrink 1,833 Posted 15 hours ago Share Posted 15 hours ago Just now, gagzus said: The thing I always find annoying personally is that proportionately; Gas is far more expensive than electricity. Especially in the winter, so the VAT deserved to be removed from Gas not Electricity imo. Most people don’t have problems keeping electricity on in their homes, but they sure do find it hard to heat them. Especially now we’re projected to have even colder winters to match our new hot summers Exactly. And I just checked my own electricity bill and the VAT is £1.36. So while it makes a great headline, I don't think it's going to do much to alleviate people's suffering. Especially people who are on budget plans rather than pay as you go. you missed a bit 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 25,752 Posted 15 hours ago Author Share Posted 15 hours ago Just now, onTheBrink said: Exactly. And I just checked my own electricity bill and the VAT is £1.36. So while it makes a great headline, I don't think it's going to do much to alleviate people's suffering. Especially people who are on budget plans rather than pay as you go. Precisely. Also, private companies aren't restricted to just raising their base prices to compensate for the lack of VAT money. Like I said at the top, many companies already did it for child places and tickets that had temporary VAT relief like Alton Towers infamously raised their child prices by a few £ to compensate and then lowered them once summer holidays were over. So I wouldn’t put it past energy companies to do the same. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
onTheBrink 1,833 Posted 15 hours ago Share Posted 15 hours ago Just now, gagzus said: Precisely. Also, private companies aren't restricted to just raising their base prices to compensate for the lack of VAT money. Like I said at the top, many companies already did it for child places and tickets that had temporary VAT relief like Alton Towers infamously raised their child prices by a few £ to compensate and then lowered them once summer holidays were over. So I wouldn’t put it past energy companies to do the same. I wonder what economic crisis they will manufacture to justify this! you missed a bit Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 25,752 Posted 15 hours ago Author Share Posted 15 hours ago 1 minute ago, onTheBrink said: I wonder what economic crisis they will manufacture to justify this! Most likely something will happen where they raise Gas prices to compensate. So that £1.36 you’ve just saved will probably be shoehorned into your gas price most likely. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
onTheBrink 1,833 Posted 15 hours ago Share Posted 15 hours ago 1 minute ago, gagzus said: Most likely something will happen where they raise Gas prices to compensate. So that £1.36 you’ve just saved will probably be shoehorned into your gas price most likely. The predictability of the corruption you missed a bit Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,288 Posted 13 hours ago Share Posted 13 hours ago 2 hours ago, gagzus said: Most likely something will happen where they raise Gas prices to compensate. So that £1.36 you’ve just saved will probably be shoehorned into your gas price most likely. Gas & electricity both have the price caps in place remember. The energy companies tend to keep the tarrifs outside of that competitive to encourage switching. The gays know how to party 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lucas 31,672 Posted 10 hours ago Share Posted 10 hours ago Couple years ago Luxembourg reduced VAT by 1% and as a result all the companies increased their prices by 1%, then the next year the VAT % was increased by 1% again I hope the same doesn't happen in the UK, I'm not sure if prices can be increased at will but I hope not! 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Defmix100 7,234 Posted 9 hours ago Share Posted 9 hours ago 18 minutes ago, Lucas said: Couple years ago Luxembourg reduced VAT by 1% and as a result all the companies increased their prices by 1%, then the next year the VAT % was increased by 1% again I hope the same doesn't happen in the UK, I'm not sure if prices can be increased at will but I hope not! I don't even understand the increase though because they don't keep the VAT anyway unless there's loopholes so the reduction shouldn't affect their bottom line at all for a need to increase Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lucas 31,672 Posted 9 hours ago Share Posted 9 hours ago 2 minutes ago, Defmix100 said: I don't even understand the increase though because they don't keep the VAT anyway unless there's loopholes so the reduction shouldn't affect their bottom line at all for a need to increase See that's the thing, there was no need to increase, but they just wanted to make more profit. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.