Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
question

Bad and/or Mid Albums by pop girls?


Smother Em Eh
 Share

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

BAD

Britney Jean
143    
Lotus   
Life Of A ShowGirl: Encore   
Hard Candy

Mid

MDNA
Talk That Talk      
Tortured Poets Department  
Joanne     
Smile   
Pink Friday 2 

Edited by Smother Em Eh
Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Smother Em Eh
2 hours ago, RochesterJoannster said:

Like A Virgin

I would say Like A Prayer too! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!
  • Shook 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Smother Em Eh
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Bad: ARTPOP, Hard Candy, TLOASG, Britney Jean

ARTPOP being bad but not 143? :sick:

Even BJ won on a poll against 143 :toofunny:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smother Em Eh said:

ARTPOP being bad but not 143? :sick:

Even BJ won on a poll against 143 :toofunny:

Never listened to 143 so I didn't include it in my list :giggle:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Smother Em Eh
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Never listened to 143 so I didn't include it in my list :giggle:

Not missing much :triggered:

Have you listened to Lotus or MDNA? 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Smother Em Eh said:

Not missing much :triggered:

Have you listened to Lotus or MDNA? 

MDNA yeah, it's a guilty pleasure album to me tbh, love the trashiness of it :giggle:

but Lotus nope, I think it's a Xtina album? Honestly I'm not into her or her music at all!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the Hard Candy hate tho? I can’t defend some of the artistic choices Madonna has made over the past 20 years, but imo Hard Candy has some really strong tracks:

 

4 minutes, Miles Away, Give It 2 Me, Heartbeat, Beat Goes On, and Voices all say hello!

 

I agree the album features some problematic people, sure, but objectively good songs regardless.

Edited by Dr Fudge
Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

StrawberryBlond

It depends what your definition of 'mid' is. It should mean halfway decent but not it's more akin to being mediocre/below average. Supposing it just means an album that's middle of the road/below expectations, I'd say:

Mid

Smile

Bionic

Dirty Blonde

Prima

Endless Summer Vacation

30

You Seem Pretty Sad For A Girl So In Love

Bouquet (by Gwen Stefani, if you don't know)

I Am...Sasha Fierce

Talk That Talk

Trustfall

Confessions II (don't get the hype for this, sorry)

Crash 

 

Bad

143

Britney Jean

Speak Now (I know, Swifities will kill me for this one)

Lotus

B'Day (please don't kill me, BeyHive)

Unapologetic (the entire album was about how Chris Brown was misunderstood)

Tension (can't understand why this album is so beloved)

Brat (95 on MC will forever be the 8th wonder of the world to me)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

ThisGuyTony

Mid:

MIDnights

Pretentious Poets Department 

Smile

Dont Click Play

Man’s Best Friend

 

Bad:

Life of a Panned Girl

Edited by ThisGuyTony
Link to post
Share on other sites

Smother Em Eh
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

MDNA yeah, it's a guilty pleasure album to me tbh, love the trashiness of it :giggle:

but Lotus nope, I think it's a Xtina album? Honestly I'm not into her or her music at all!

MDNA suffers from being very cookie cutter. Yes, it’s a Xtina album which shouldn’t have seen the light of day besides 2 songs. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...