❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
movie

Critically acclaimed movies that you despise?

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gag
57 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

I get what you are saying, but that was always my favourite comics where they did creative remixes of superheroes origins and identities. However I do hate that Joker movie. I just think it was really lame and mean spirited, but not in any meaningful way.

Wholly agree to your last sentence! Overall I thought it was fine but its themes and messaging are completely incoherent, they want you think it's a serious movie about mental health but it doesn't say anything poignant. It's we live in a society: The Movie.

I was fuming when Todd Phillips got that best director nom, especially over the much more deserving female directors. :selena:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

flyaway

Titanic.

It's too cheesy, and it's a weird mix of a romantic story, a historical event and horror-suspense.

Runway

Every disney live action from 2010’s except Cinderella which seems to be the most forgotten remake even though it was the most faithful adaptation 

M i K E Y

Superhero Movies in general :vegas:

like they’re super hyped for what? Okay there’s this cool main character and a bad guy trying to mess everything up, battle after battle, boom boom boom, more CGI than Gaga on the applause Single cover and at the end the evil is defeated with New York being completely destroyed.  

PlastiscGuy

Hereditary is for me the most boring and overrated movie ever. I get sick on my stomach every time I think of that hideous movie.

But also, the Conjuring/Annabelle saga. They only rely on jumpscares, and are incredibly predictable.

PG.

Jose P
7 hours ago, dubstep111 said:

I know these are not critically acclaimed but I despise the lord of the rings movies and the Harry Potter ones because they are the definition of boring.

How could LOTR not be acclaimed, the last one literally won Best Picture 

PlastiscGuy
3 hours ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Shrek.

I agree! They're so overrated and for what? Mostly fart jokes and lame references to pop culture? I hate the characters :green:

I only like the donkey one 

PG.

High King
18 hours ago, James Gibson said:

The Favourite

Jesus christ what a pointless and cold movie and people act like its a big statement.

Aw I’ve had that in my queue for a while, I heard it was a scathing dark comedy. It seemed right up my alley.  

High King
3 hours ago, Stephen said:

The main reason being because the character in the movie is called Joker and bears a resemblance to the Joker, but other than that it's a COMPLETELY different character.

1*jWTmzjUhZrYXCHNUbtXKJA.jpeg

I can't stand the fact that they essentially created their own original character - completely new origins, setting, motivations, behaviors, ticks, personality, literally EVERYTHING is different. If you want to create an original character that's great but why call it Joker?

It annoys me that people who don't read comics might watch that movie and think that it's a good representation of the character :bradley:

Imagine if they made a movie about Lady Gaga and it starred a great actress who sort of dressed like her but everything else about her AND the story was completely different :ladyhaha: It's just ****ing irritating as a comic purist. #NotMyJoker :vegas:

I think it’s because with all these successful franchises and IPs, you can’t really do small scale crime thrillers anymore. I guarantee you there was a script floating around for a gritty, Scorsese-esque crime drama that touches on mental illness. DC saw it and said “okay but what if we changed some things around and called it Joker?”

Same with Cruella (which I love). I’m sure someone had an idea for two bold fashion designers at war with each other in 70s London and Disney said “okay but what if one of them was Cruella de Vil”

It’s a little sad that’s what it takes to get these types of films made, but they’re mostly good so it’s whatever.  

llemesm

The Irishmen, that movie put me to sleep three, THREE, times in different days. Just when I played it for the fourth time I could finish it. That sh*t was boring as hell.

Archived