💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Critically acclaimed movies that you despise?

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

E.T. was like my childhood :bradley:

We had to watch a movie called Breathless for my film class and I think it’s considered to be one of the best films ever, but I hated it. 

🃏🖤👹

ProfessionalClown

Avatar. I watched it maybe 5 times because I tried forcing myself to like it considering literally 99% of the world does. I just cannot like it. I love sci-Fi and the idea but the execution is just not something I enjoy. 

StuckInMyMind

A Star Is Born

just kidding but I had to troll. Don’t come for me yall 

Hebi

"HER"! I hated every second of that movie... but everyone seems to love it for some reason :shrug:

jacs vs looser

The Prestige.

Nothing to do with the quality of the movie itself, it's just that I absolutely hate how everything unfolded for Hugh Jackman's character. 

Ashley

Frozen. I didn’t get the hype, I thought the plot was very weak/boring. And I really don’t like Idina Menzel’s voice.

James Gibson

The Favourite

Jesus christ what a pointless and cold movie and people act like its a big statement.

SlipAway

I hate pretty much every old movie out there. Citizen Kane is so incredibly boring 

Chlorine Sevigny

Boyhood

I truly despised that movie I could not believe the positive reviews it got. Absolutely terrible film. Only saving graces were Patricia Arquette and Ethan Hawke’s performances. 

badfaith

I don't even know if these are critically acclaimed (they certainly are a gp favorite) but I despise all Nicholas Sparks movies. I just never saw the charm everyone saw.

LaLuna
8 minutes ago, badfaith said:

I don't even know if these are critically acclaimed (they certainly are a gp favorite) but I despise all Nicholas Sparks movies. I just never saw the charm everyone saw.

Don't think they're critically acclaimed, they're like glorified Hallmark movies :ladyhaha:

I love The Notebook though. Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling had amazing chemistry.

Chromatography

not necessarily universal critical acclaim, but it’s hard nowadays for horror movies to be considered good by critic standards.

i hate the conjuring. i think the story is boring and the characters are dull. i remember reading a critic saying it was the “gold standard” for modern horror and i was disgusted. 

Archived