JusKeepBreathin 19,311 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 Last night Laura Ingram and her contributor were arguing for opening churches with an invited priest who wanted to keep them closed. The priest said you are serving God by keeping those people alive and used Itally as an example of a priest infecting his congregation with the virus and all the people that died because if it. Fox News is a disgrace. "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Suuus 5,632 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 Just now, mister max said: I shouldve made it clear that I was not gonna comment on the video sorry Its oké i was just joking arround Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mister max 18,480 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 Just now, Suuus said: Its oké i was just joking arround I know oké tho are you dutch Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheSlash 14,539 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 I already knew from the title that I would watch garbage . I don't get all these whining people. It isn't hard these days to still connect to family and friends without meeting them in person. And it isn't that hard to stay home and not meet in large groups. Ew, David! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Whispering 18,865 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 Just now, Florin said: Some experts dont agree with the lockdowns. Dont think that the uk, sweden, switerzland initial strategy came from nowhere. The difference may be on when people will die, not so much on how many. I'm curious. If an expert say that we need a lockdown for a year, what will be your response? I don’t care what “some experts” say. And look how that initial strategy worked out. If too many people are dying at once, it overwhelms our healthcare system and puts our medical professionals at great risk. It also puts other sick people at great risk, those needing to go into hospitals for other procedures. If our medical system is completely overrun, there won’t be beds in the ICU or CCU for the thousands of people that normally need them. No one is listening to “an expert”. (except for Trump) Countries are looking at other countries and listening to the experts- epidemiologists, scientists, researchers, medical experts with decades of experience to determine what is best for their particular country at this time. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Suuus 5,632 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 4 minutes ago, mister max said: I know Hide contents oké tho are you dutch Yes are you Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mister max 18,480 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 1 minute ago, Suuus said: Yes are you Belgian Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bt1 5,213 Posted April 7, 2020 Author Share Posted April 7, 2020 8 minutes ago, Mister G said: A year is unlikely but if it got to that point, suck it up and move on. Safety first. If you think you’re above this virus, go out and get sick and see what happens. Its effects are random on every single person and there’s no telling who will fall into the asymptomatic or presymptomatic groups. You already said you agreed with Fox News, so what do you care what the experts have to say at this point? Basically a vaccine is most likely one year away. Cant agree with u. Of course, I want to be informed from multiple sources, so I'm interestes in what experts have to say. I am also looking at the numbers, the effects of lockdowns and based on all that there are some questions that need to be answered. The fact that there are so many people that without question are willing to accept to stay locked up a year is behind my understanding. If you are not from certain groups of people, u can die from a lot of other things, not just this. Why would you do if tomorrow wouldn't be a lockdown? U will go and lick the streets, ask people to cough in your face? I dont get some of you. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mister G 10,536 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 17 minutes ago, Florin said: Basically a vaccine is most likely one year away. Cant agree with u. Of course, I want to be informed from multiple sources, so I'm interestes in what experts have to say. I am also looking at the numbers, the effects of lockdowns and based on all that there are some questions that need to be answered. The fact that there are so many people that without question are willing to accept to stay locked up a year is behind my understanding. If you are not from certain groups of people, u can die from a lot of other things, not just this. Why would you do if tomorrow wouldn't be a lockdown? U will go and lick the streets, ask people to cough in your face? I dont get some of you. Okay well I don’t know who’s going out licking the streets or asking people to cough in their face. And as someone who has a sister that works as a nurse facing this everyday with hospitals short on PPE, and several relatives sick with COVID-19 I can’t with you and your ignorant approach that you think social distancing and isolation should be extended if necessary. I have no respect for someone who thinks this outbreak is a joke and is more worried about an economic downfall over the health of family and friends. The economy can be fixed with time. Someone who died from complications related to COVID-19, well that can’t be fixed. People die from other things yes, but no one understands this virus and look at how fast it spread overnight. You’ve learned nothing from this experience and only demonstrated ignorance and a lack of humility in general. Go back to watching Fox News and getting information from whatever resource you think is credible. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bt1 5,213 Posted April 7, 2020 Author Share Posted April 7, 2020 5 minutes ago, Whispering said: I don’t care what “some experts” say. And look how that initial strategy worked out. If too many people are dying at once, it overwhelms our healthcare system and puts our medical professionals at great risk. It also puts other sick people at great risk, those needing to go into hospitals for other procedures. If our medical system is completely overrun, there won’t be beds in the ICU or CCU for the thousands of people that normally need them. No one is listening to “an expert”. (except for Trump) Countries are looking at other countries and listening to the experts- epidemiologists, scientists, researchers, medical experts with decades of experience to determine what is best for their particular country at this time. It's not that I dont agree with u. I just dont agree with the idea of a lockdown without a time limit. That's why I've asked u what will you do if the experts you believe would say that the lockdown shoul be for one year. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bt1 5,213 Posted April 7, 2020 Author Share Posted April 7, 2020 2 minutes ago, Mister G said: Okay well I don’t know who’s going out licking the streets or asking people to cough in their face. Then, it means that the results of a lockdown can be obtained with other more relaxed measures. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AsleepOnTheCeiling 7,054 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 12 minutes ago, TheSlash said: I already knew from the title that I would watch garbage . I don't get all these whining people. It isn't hard these days to still connect to family and friends without meeting them in person. And it isn't that hard to stay home and not meet in large groups. While I agree that it is better for us to stay home, I understand why it is hard for people to not be able to connect face to face. Face to face interaction makes a HUGE difference in serotonin and dopamine levels. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Whispering 18,865 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 3 minutes ago, Florin said: It's not that I dont agree with u. I just dont agree with the idea of a lockdown without a time limit. That's why I've asked u what will you do if the experts you believe would say that the lockdown shoul be for one year. I will follow the guidelines put out by the experts. As testing increases, we could very well see parts of the economy reopened. Right now we have little data on risk factors besides age. We have no real data on treatment besides supportive care with ventilation, and we have a soon to be overburdened health care system. In the upcoming months we will start to get more data and perhaps treatment options, including some type of prophylaxis for health care workers, an increase in health care capacity, and more understanding of an individual’s risk. Hopefully we will be able to selectively restart our economy then with the lowest risk individuals, some of whom will unfortunately get sick. (but might have more treatment options) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bt1 5,213 Posted April 7, 2020 Author Share Posted April 7, 2020 7 minutes ago, Mister G said: Okay well I don’t know who’s going out licking the streets or asking people to cough in their face. And as someone who has a sister that works in the nurse facing this everyday with hospitals short on PPE, and several relatives sick with COVID-19 I can’t with you and your ignorant approach that you think social distancing and isolation should be extended if necessary. I have no respect for someone who thinks this outbreak is a joke and is more worried about an economic downfall over the health of family and friends. The economy can be fixed with time. Someone who died from complications related to COVID-19, well that can’t be fixed. People die from other things yes, but no one understands this virus and look at how fast it spread overnight. You’ve learned nothing from this experience and only demonstrated ignorance and a lack of humility in general. Go back to watching Fox News and getting information from whatever resource you think is credible. I've never said that social distancing shouldn't continue. Not even in this video you can see that. So you should be upset of yourself, not me. Wishing you all the best. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mister max 18,480 Posted April 7, 2020 Share Posted April 7, 2020 3 minutes ago, Florin said: Then, it means that the results of a lockdown can be obtained with other more relaxed measures. You're acting like you can only get covid from licking the ground Studies have shown that the virus can survive for up to 3 days outside a host on smooth surfaces like plastic or stainless steel. That means that for example a pen from someone who has the virus, has it on his hand from coughing/sneezing and has touched that pen, can infect soooo many people Its really not only licking the ground Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.