Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

theneedledrop reviews Sweetener

TheAlpha

Featured Posts

ryanripley
4 minutes ago, Inferno said:

girl yes it is wym lol

i like ariana and i think her music cute. i really do. sweetner is a great album imo. dangerous woman was good. but shes a tweeny-bopper through and through. just because she wore some latex bunny ears and got slightly more sexual doesnt make it adult lol! just my non-humble opinion babes :v:

Side To Side? Everyday? wrist icicles and **** bicycles? :messga:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno
8 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

Side To Side? Everyday? wrist icicles and **** bicycles? :messga:

music for teens is hella sexual :oops: for real though, all jokes aside it is lol arianas got that broad 10-23 demographic. the youngsters. the youth.

A Hybrid
10 hours ago, Inferno said:

Okay but Tranquility Base is hella overrated. Its basically Arctic Monkeys doing a Bowie tribute album and its dull to boot.

Actually, although Bowie liked the space theme he cared more about his singles rather than the whole album. Tranquility Base is a Lou Reed inspired album, with tiny hints of Bowie, and the story told through the 11 tracks is very original. Idk what makes it dull, every song sounds different but they complete each other. That’s basically how an album’s supposed to be.

No family’s safe when I sashay

Inferno
12 hours ago, A Hybrid said:

Actually, although Bowie liked the space theme he cared more about his singles rather than the whole album. Tranquility Base is a Lou Reed inspired album, with tiny hints of Bowie, and the story told through the 11 tracks is very original. Idk what makes it dull, every song sounds different but they complete each other. That’s basically how an album’s supposed to be.

I disagree that every song sounds different. I disagree that its primarily Lou Reed inspired and I wasn't just referring to the space theme in terms of comparing the album to Bowie. Its in the vibe. Its in lyrical choices. Its even in his vocal inflections throughout the record. Don't get me wrong Alex Turner is talented and hot af. Im not knocking his ability and im not condemning the band. Its not just them. Ever since Bowie died just about every mainstream rock band still around is making Bowie heavy albums and im pretty sick of it tbh.

A Hybrid
3 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I disagree that every song sounds different. I disagree that its primarily Lou Reed inspired and I wasn't just referring to the space theme in terms of comparing the album to Bowie. Its in the vibe. Its in lyrical choices. Its even in his vocal inflections throughout the record. Don't get me wrong Alex Turner is talented and hot af. Im not knocking his ability and im not condemning the band. Its not just them. Ever since Bowie died just about every mainstream rock band still around is making Bowie heavy albums and im pretty sick of it tbh.

I just don’t hear much Bowie :shrug: You should check Jack White’s last album if you want something great and 100% un-Bowie though

Inferno
1 minute ago, A Hybrid said:

I just don’t hear much Bowie :shrug: You should check Jack White’s last album if you want something great and 100% un-Bowie though

I skimmed through it upon release but ill check it out again. Idk I just kind of miss that mid-00s era of alternative rock which was much more dance/punk and high energy. No ones doing that anymore. Its all crossover and anthemic stadium stuff imo, a lot of emphasis on vocals i.e. Imagine Dragons which I cant stand personally but besides the point. I was hoping Arctic would like switch it around on everyone and release something crazy. But its just another codeine drenched trip for the masses to add to everyone elses somber ventures lol

ANYWAY im still seeing them live in october :p

A Hybrid
55 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I skimmed through it upon release but ill check it out again. Idk I just kind of miss that mid-00s era of alternative rock which was much more dance/punk and high energy. No ones doing that anymore. Its all crossover and anthemic stadium stuff imo, a lot of emphasis on vocals i.e. Imagine Dragons which I cant stand personally but besides the point. I was hoping Arctic would like switch it around on everyone and release something crazy. But its just another codeine drenched trip for the masses to add to everyone elses somber ventures lol

ANYWAY im still seeing them live in october :p

I wish I could :messga:

Archived