💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

news

Frank Ocean Causes Possible Setbacks for Gaga

gagzus

Featured Posts

Yo GagaGaga
1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

I'm arriving late as well, but have deduced the following: 

- It's NOT a good thing because that means they are spending their time right now re-strategizing the release and likely delaying it.

- While an Apple exclusive would have forced us all to register for Apple Music, it would have come with mountains of free promo from the most powerful corporation in the world. Apple would have helped ensure it's success (because Gaga's success would be Apple's success), but now it's "just another release" across every distribution platform. 

But I hear you. I am not a fan of exclusive releases. But it worked for Tidal + Lemonade. Never had interest in subscribing to Tidal prior, yet months later and I've still kept my subscription. :poot:

but Beyoncé is Beyoncé and the GP worships her, If 5 years ago when I was the GP and Gaga came out with a song that I could only listen to if I made an account somewhere I wouldn't have bothered. I'm kind of glad this happened tbh, it'll end up having a lot more sales than it would if it was exclusive to somewhere. I just think its annoying when I see artists doing exclusives like this. I'm far to lazy to take the effort and make an apple music account (by reflex when I started to write apple I wrote applause, and I thought that was worth mentioning), do apple music accounts cost money?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ReidOne said:

Fair point. 

Also another point, Lemonade wouldve been a success regardless because its Beyonce releasing something post self-titled album. From s/t on shes ushered in a new era of her career where shes taken 10xs more seriously. I think had it not been exclusive to TIDAL it wouldve been THAT much more successful. But thats just my far away opinion obviously im just another dude sitting here thinking.

CookieHWilson
16 minutes ago, Vague said:

He was bound to releasing a certain amount of output for ugm which he fulfilled once he released the visual album. With his contract over, he released his actual album independently as an apple exclusive. meaning he'll reap the profit and not the label. this pissed umg off because whatever money they could have made off his actual album now goes to frank. I think hes a pioneer. he was able to release his own record and fund himself. umg is pissed that theyre not going to make bank off of him and so theyre throwing a tantrum and making sure none of their artists can release exclusively with apple. so even though the gaga thing was planned beforehand, now theyre acting like brats and trying to take control of something they lost.

Yeah, we are experincing the same stuff in Italy with a rapper called Fedez. I get what you mean, in fact the move is genius. The fact is that I guess that legally umg can't step on a contract that was issued between Gaga (interscope) and Apple way before this happened. This is unexplainable to me. 

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

Just now, CookieHWilson said:

Yeah, we are experincing the same stuff in Italy with a rapper called Fedez. I get what you mean, in fact the move is genius. The fact is that I guess that legally umg can't step on a contract that was issued between Gaga (interscope) and Apple way before this happened. This is unexplainable to me. 

Oh yeah not sure. I mean I assume there are loop holes as there always are.

Scar97

Guys I don't think this is how the world works. This UMG guy made a statement. Gaga has a contract. That's pretty much all you need to know. I would imagine each artist would have to have their contract changed to prevent any Apple dealings from happening 

Preventing exclusive releases can only be a good thing imo.

Release it on everything, put the video on youtube. K thx bye

artRaver

Good. Y'all can save up $1.29 to buy the single then. 

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

she signed contract before they decided to ban exclusives. the deal is probably still going

Lord Temptation

This means nothing to me. 

All I want is to hear new Gaga music. 

I don't care about deals, contracts, promotion, what could've been, what should've been.

For f*ck sakes.

FATCAT
20 minutes ago, OBEY said:

she signed contract before they decided to ban exclusives. the deal is probably still going

That depends on IF they've signed yet, and IF the contract isn't written in a way to get out easy.

Purr more, hiss less.

Dwightie

Sorry but I don't see any shockwaves, and no one I know even cares about the album, but they are talking about Lady Gaga, even the straights I know are excited to see what Gaga has in store because they think her new look is "very sexy, very hot". And I'm sure Gaga doesn't care about "competition", she loves the music, she wants to release it, it will be released, she isn't driven by or wrapped up in what so many Monsters and "stans" care about. And we all have itunes, we are just going to buy it there, and we'll buy physical copies, there is too much focus on these silly exclusives that backfire. Screw the exclusives, release the disc to the stores and let me buy a physical album. 

FATCAT
2 hours ago, Titzlol said:

Apple Music is the only way I listen to music :wtf: This **** better be on there too

If it's non-exclusive it'll be on everything, not just AM.

Purr more, hiss less.

Goodtimes12128

I don't really care. A hit is a hit, and if the song is good people will catch on. I just want to hear Gaga music...I don't want to order a subscription to Apple Music to hear it

FATCAT
Just now, Dwightie said:

Sorry but I don't see any shockwaves, and no one I know even cares about the album, but they are talking about Lady Gaga, even the straights I know are excited to see what Gaga has in store because they think her new look is "very sexy, very hot". And I'm sure Gaga doesn't care about "competition", she loves the music, she wants to release it, it will be released, she isn't driven by or wrapped up in what so many Monsters and "stans" care about. 

If she doesn't care, and wants it released, then she's aligning pretty well with what so many stans care about.

We don't want this album exclusive.

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT
Just now, Goodtimes12128 said:

.I don't want to order a subscription to Apple Music to hear it

No one here will, we'll all just pirate it to death 100x :rip:

I'll personally seed and spread the link all over if they pull this exclusivity bullshit.

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived