💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

It's not the songs, It's Gaga - Thoughts?

JackMonster

Featured Posts

GagaMyBlood95

Well I don't think going on a blackout and not releasing a video would work with the GP for many artists.

I don't think it's the songs or Gaga. It's the lack of promo and hype. The era has been a marketing mess. The album sales were lower than we expected but it was actually selling pretty standardly for a pop girl album. Until she decided to disappear again, that is.

For example I think people like Applause and DWUW, but both were under utilised. Applause only got promo in US (and then way later in Japan), and the messy rush release did it no favours. Especially with no radio deal. DWUW ... I don't think we even need to go there lol. The lack of video is insane but I guess something happened we don't know about, so I don't want to blame anyone. The worst part is, the song was starting to take off in places and the reception to it was the most positive a Gaga song had seen in a long time, but then it just fell flat because nothing was done.

Her team haven't maximised the potential of this album, because there are definitely hits on it. And it doesn't matter who it is, if people like the music, they will buy it. That's my opinion anyway.

Normally that could work, but you have A LOT of straight people who maybe do like Gaga's songs, but just don't want people to find out because she is just too gay so they don't buy the album, songs etc...

But yeah, if a song "clicks" with the gp, it will be a success

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ladygaga1984

ARTPOP is a fantastic album. It´s not only very well done but also significantly better than other pop albums out there at the moment. It just needs the visuals behind it to transform the perception people have of it and back-up what its title attempts conveys. I mean, there is not much art in the album itself, only great and excellent pop. That´s the missing link, the art bit which should be created through the videos and the performances. It´s the marketing of the album that´s making it flop (in Gaga standards of course). I mean, it has been a complete mess and I feel sad and disappointed honestly. This album has sooooo much potential. I´m not really sure who´s behind all this mess, but it´s probably Gaga. I´m sure that her record label supports her and that she has all the resources to do whatever she wishes. Honestly, it kind of seems she is quite difficult to work with and that she is a control freak. She should learn how to let go and let her record label and amazing music video directors do their job. Instead it seems she opting for doing whatever the f**** she wants. I hope she can find a balance between being an artist and a popstar, allowing her record label for a certain control of certain promotion and marketing decisions. I´m sure that if it was up to the record label, by now we would already have 3 singles with 3 amazing music videos and lot´s of great promotion and performances. 

Laceface

There's also a bit of fault on Gaga's side though, in the sense that there was never a video for the second single and she keeps dropping off the face of the earth. :rip:

GagaUnderYou

My exact thoughts the public doesn't like her, they would simply illegally download her cd if they wanted it

Qualle1

This entire era is a ****in' M-E-S-S.

Not getting the 2nd music video for DWUW killed all the excitement for me.

I still think, that it was a huge mistake of her and her lousy management to not release the original video for DWUW and to promote the song properly in her key-markets.

Only very strong singles will be able to increase enough interest into the general public, which leeds into increasing sale figures of the already dead ARTPOP album.

WE NEED A ****IN' GLOBAL SMASH!!!

And what about the totally ****ed up release history - or that we did not get a physical release of DWUW?

What about the bloody app, she promised us?

M-E-S-S

:(

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

djBuffoon

I agree with the consensus. If the GP would grow a pair and just listen to the album without bias, they would enjoy and appreciate it. But all they hear from the media is that the ARTPOP is a wash and Gaga is over, and they actually seem to believe it before even considering the album's merits.

It's sad because, in my opinion, this is her best work and if she would just release more videos and singles, people would catch on to how good the material really is.

Ronk

Well I don't think going on a blackout and not releasing a video would work with the GP for many artists.

I don't think it's the songs or Gaga. It's the lack of promo and hype. The era has been a marketing mess. The album sales were lower than we expected but it was actually selling pretty standardly for a pop girl album. Until she decided to disappear again, that is.

For example I think people like Applause and DWUW, but both were under utilised. Applause only got promo in US (and then way later in Japan), and the messy rush release did it no favours. Especially with no radio deal. DWUW ... I don't think we even need to go there lol. The lack of video is insane but I guess something happened we don't know about, so I don't want to blame anyone. The worst part is, the song was starting to take off in places and the reception to it was the most positive a Gaga song had seen in a long time, but then it just fell flat because nothing was done.

Her team haven't maximised the potential of this album, because there are definitely hits on it. And it doesn't matter who it is, if people like the music, they will buy it. That's my opinion anyway.

This.  It's not the songs or the artist.  It's the marketing.

That isn't even true, though.

This.  It did sell well, just not as well as people expected.

I live outside the space time continuum.

llbcherry

I agree with the consensus. If the GP would grow a pair and just listen to the album without bias, they would enjoy and appreciate it. But all they hear from the media is that the ARTPOP is a wash and Gaga is over, and they actually seem to believe it before even considering the album's merits.

It's sad because, in my opinion, this is her best work and if she would just release more videos and singles, people would catch on to how good the material really is.

:( This, sadly.

I don't blame Gaga, I blame the hate and bias of the world's citizens, media, etc.

Allison M

Yeah I wish people would just look past how they (wrongly) perceive Gaga and just listen to her. Listen to her music, listen to her incredible voice, listen to her play piano, listen to the things she says.

She is such an amazing person and so many people don't know it because there is some sort of stigma against Gaga.

It actually upsets me because Gaga really can make a HUGE difference, but people refuse to listen because she is Lady Gaga.

ARTPOP is amazing. But the GP see Gaga is associated to it and completely shut her out without giving it a chance.

It reminds me of why she was crying backstage at the Monster Ball on HBO. "People see wigs and lipstick and shut down because they don't understand". It makes me sad.

It's not Gaga's fault an it's not that ARTPOP isn't good enough. It's the medias fault for only printing negative things about Gaga and ARTPOP.

JackMonster

Maybe I should have made it more clear that I was only using Katy as an example.

gagabro

People hear the name "Gaga" and refuse to listen to it. My frat bros actually really like DWUW, G.U.Y., and Applause, but they will never admit to liking any Gaga song. 

WheresTheDoggo

It's the GP really, I mean i spoke to a guy the other day and he said he wouldn't listen to Gaga cause shes "aimed at the Gays and her fans", i think its because she is such a HUGE gay icon people don't want to listen to it because they aren't gay.

As a survey came out the other day of who listens different artists including Gaga it was said 30% of those people are men and 15% women so its the GP not Gaga

hey I'm Doggo :derpga:

I think it's a combination of both. The material is great for other pop star's standards, but just decent for her. She still could've smashed if she actually promoted it properly, and didn't clutter everything she did with excessive and exhausting chatter about manners, high art, and critics. She wanted to give people a fun and carefree album, but then stacked a load of weights on top of it and made everything a mess.

Archived