Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Gaga's Authenticity?

Eurquin

Featured Posts

So I was on reddit and I am a die hard fan of Gaga, but someone made a comment in a post about Gaga's success and career path and was kind of upset and confused about it:

"Lady Gaga really isn't that dedicated to her fans. Gaga is more or less a character. If you do your research, the popularity behind Born This Way was a PR move to make her more popular with LGBT youth.

In fact, several months ago, Gaga's management settled out of court because previous business partners were going to reveal "career-damaging information", and the consensus is that Lady Gaga is a persona invented by Interscope to pander to specific audiences. When the electropop style didn't work, they switched her to her freaky/avant garde style. When that didn't work, they switched her to the whole LGBT advocate style, etc. etc."

What do you guys think about this? I can't believe it's true, but if it was I'd be shattered.

JRF

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pixie Gypsy

What does he mean didn't work :duck: Her peak was during The electropop and avant garde style :duck:

Stephen

Lmao they're assuming but no ones knows what's in those sealed court documents. And those three "styles" are bull****. She's been about electro pop, avant garde fashion, and gay rights since The Fame.

Smooth Criminal

I believe Gaga is as genuine as they get. We are all human beings & we all make mistakes. Maybe Gaga made a few mistakes in the past...but I'm pretty sure she is not a hateful or a phony person. 

That girl is dedicated to her craft & fans like no other.

I'm with her till the end....she is my ride or die! 

Media & the haters can say what they want, not gonna change my mind.

And to anyone who thinks Gaga is puppet that is being told what to do by her label, does not know Gaga at all. Her genius is undeniable, she knows music. Her input & command on her craft is quite evident from every aspect of her work, so NO, she is not a "character". She lives & breathes her job & is fully immersed in it. Puppets or characters are not like that! lol :smh:

GAGA 4 LIFE! :gaga:  :whitney:

MORE COWBELL

I won't believe in what people tell me and I won't stop believing in what people tell me is a lie. Sorry. I love Gaga and she's a lovely person. That's her. 

Gaga is Life

What does he mean didn't work :duck: Her peak was during The electropop and avant garde style :duck:

ikr mte :lmao:

Gaga has strong beliefs and she's in a position to voice them with potential impact. This, and us fans, probably gives her more of an urge to stand up for what she believes in.

If that were the information that was career-damaging. She really would be damaged. Not by all of us. But definitely a lot. And probably a lot of the general public.

My name isn't Timmers

Givewaytopeds

Truth is in between.

She didn't make it as Stefani Germanotta.  She is a billion dollar product.  She is going to be told by other people what to do, including the big marketing department.

DontDoubtDavid

I don't know what to believe. But I am still curious about what that "career damaging" information was...

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived