Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

A must read! The reasons for the video delay (no JK)

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

MonsterMum

first of all, Katy is not controlled. she's not in full control of her career--but then again, why should she be? she doesn't know how to manage a music career, neither does gaga...that is not their professions...katy realizes that, whereas gaga apparently doesn't--but she is in control of her career enough. she has a lot of say in the visuals, tour design stuff, etc. she writes her music with collaborators who filter out most of the ****ty lyrics. 

gaga needs to realize that she should collaborate. she doesn't need to do everything on her own like she thinks. that why her lyrics suck now and her career seems to be plundering and caving in under her. that's why katy and her career are continuing to be successful. she realizes the balances of being very involved in her career, but allowing others in to make sure she and her music are as good as possible.

gaga should honestly be taking notes

(i can't wait to see the pressed, delusional stan monsters who come rip me apart for this post :rip: )

Yes that's another thing the poster mentioned:

Gaga's problem is her fragile ego. Love the girl, but fragile egos tend towards the most grandiose behavior. They are also quite unable to take criticism, and tend to surround themselves with people who praise them. it's understandable because the world out there is harsh, so you want comfort. And yet, it's dangerous because you lose perspective since ppl close to you start saying to you: YASS QUEEN.... SHOW THEM...YOUR THE BEST DON'T LET THEM DIM YOUR LIGHT DIS BEST SONG/DRESS/IDEA EVERRRR...

I think Katy is as manufactured as it gets. But guess what, I met her manager. He is old school and has been around forever. Her team is VERY on point and she defers to them.

On that level of the game, one of the make or break points of an artist's career is learning to DELEGATE and doing it right. It's an art in itself. It's almost more important than anything else - besides the music, of course.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that's another thing the poster mentioned:

+1

Gaga's problem is her fragile ego. Love the girl, but fragile egos tend towards the most grandiose behavior. They are also quite unable to take criticism, and tend to surround themselves with people who praise them. it's understandable because the world out there is harsh, so you want comfort. And yet, it's dangerous because you lose perspective since ppl close to you start saying to you: YASS QUEEN.... SHOW THEM...YOUR THE BEST DON'T LET THEM DIM YOUR LIGHT DIS BEST SONG/DRESS/IDEA EVERRRR...

I think Katy is as manufactured as it gets. But guess what, I met her manager. He is old school and has been around forever. Her team is VERY on point and she defers to them.

On that level of the game, one of the make or break points of an artist's career is learning to DELEGATE and doing it right. It's an art in itself. It's almost more important than anything else - besides the music, of course.

This. GaGa needs to learn how to take advice.

Like letting DWUW be single over Venus ... she did.

That put R Kelly on single.

Listening to Terrys s-xy ideas for the video ... bet she listened again.

Label thinks video is too s-xy .. does she whine on twitter, no. We get collabs instead ... brilliant performance with Xtina, she goes along with some rap remix. .

My thoughts, not a meltdown

The saddest part for me is that okay, let it be her not that successful era, but how so many people STILL don't know that Lady Gaga is actually talented, a real singer with a killer voice not some champion in changing clothes every other minute, being naked on a stage in a club and grabbing headlines with all that. She freakin has to show people what she is really made of, focus on that, cause her image is absolutely not what it should be IMO.

This theory makes sense and people picking it apart are just trying to hold on to some false delusion. 

Now its delusional not to believe rumors?

If Interscope wanted distance from R Kelly they wouldn't have released a remix with him.

MonsterMum

Like letting DWUW be single over Venus ... she did.

That put R Kelly on single.

Listening to Terrys s-xy ideas for the video ... bet she listened again.

Label thinks video is too s-xy .. does she whine on twitter, no. We get collabs instead ... brilliant performance with Xtina, she goes along with some rap remix. .

Listening to Terry's ideas for the videos? I think she was absolutely in for that idea tho. You seen them collaborate before, a backlash was to be expected.

first of all, Katy is not controlled. she's not in full control of her career--but then again, why should she be? she doesn't know how to manage a music career, neither does gaga...that is not their professions...katy realizes that, whereas gaga apparently doesn't--but she is in control of her career enough. she has a lot of say in the visuals, tour design stuff, etc. she writes her music with collaborators who filter out most of the ****ty lyrics. 

gaga needs to realize that she should collaborate. she doesn't need to do everything on her own like she thinks. that why her lyrics suck now and her career seems to be plundering and caving in under her. that's why katy and her career are continuing to be successful. she realizes the balances of being very involved in her career, but allowing others in to make sure she and her music are as good as possible.

gaga should honestly be taking notes

(i can't wait to see the pressed, delusional stan monsters who come rip me apart for this post :rip: )

100% agreed. People are probably going to bash this because you compared her to Katy, but it's very good advice. Katy's visuals this era have been top-notch, something which Gaga used to be able to deliver better than any other pop girl. Instead she has chosen to work more with the Haus rather than actual professionals, and the end result is a mediocre product.

Gaga doesn't need to make the same kind of music as Katy or Rihanna, but she needs people who can actually translate her ideas into a polished final product. That doesn't make her a label puppet. Most of the Haus are nobodies. They'd be nothing without Gaga. To me that suggests that they'd rather agree with everything Gaga says instead of being truly honest.

dontbesweet

If people cared to read this and take in what he was saying, omg... it makes so much sense.

it seems very legit to me.

I kind of just want ARTPOP to be over and done with.

It's interesting what he says about Vince being a yes man.. Gaga's work has become increasingly self-indulgent and overly thought-out, yet with no real structure or reasoning behind it.

I've speculated for a while that's she's been surrounded by yes men, because I personally think her work, her art, her persona has really suffered from the moment Applause dropped. Good to know I'm not the only one.

SpazeDevize

This theory most certainly crossed my mind. R Kelly's past is haunting him again and having Gaga being bashed with unimaginable amount of hatred by critics, its not a safe mixture for any of them, the record label and the future of any career title that is connected with them. Also, the video looks to have Terry behind it which doesn't help because of his choice of artistic expression he calls art is just adding fuel to the fire. If R Kelly didn't have the past he created I'm sure things would pan out differently. There are so many other allegations that I read online by what seems to be credible sources that aren't pretty. These came from family members, thought to be friends, and acquaintances of family and friends. Not all family and friends stick together after such details are revealed in broad daylight. Even if giving Kelly the benefit of the doubt that most of the rumors that are being brought back could be false, the s-x tape that got him in trouble was just enough to label him for good. So all this shenanigans is creating controversy and we all know controversy likes attention for more bad publicity. So maybe this hiatus may be something to welcome and save not just Kelly's career, but mostly importantly Gaga's.

My thoughts, not a meltdown

The saddest part for me is that okay, let it be her not that successful era, but how so many people STILL don't know that Lady Gaga is actually talented, a real singer with a killer voice not some champion in changing clothes every other minute, being naked on a stage in a club and grabbing headlines with all that. She freakin has to show people what she is really made of, focus on that, cause her image is absolutely not what it should be IMO.

People who just want a good voice, no theatrics, have Adele many other unknown singers. Everyone knows Xtina can sing, it doesn't save her from flopping. People who hate theatrical dance-pop dismiss Gaga with stock charges, but thjat's what Gaga is into, and she sells way more concert tickets than Adele.

Dean Winchester

This theory is blaming it all on gags though  :toofunny: My personal opinion is that the reason there is no cohesiveness is because interscope won't let gags have all control, and they are also not in full control, meaning they are somewhere in between.  If only the label had power then the work would be cohesive.  If only gags had the power then it would also be cohesive.  The incohesiveness is a result from interscope and gaga pulling back and forth with eachother, fighting and trying to make compromises.  Its like what gags said about "Dope", the label wanted a ballad cuz it was on trend but gaga didn't so she went into the studio and said "U want a f**kn ballad, ill show u a f**kn ballad" and ended up making raw and almost in a way disgusting (sorry for the lack of a better word choice) ballad rather than a beautiful, princess-pop one (like wrecking ball or someone like u).  And i also think that some songs were left out of ARTPOP cuz the label thought they were too experimental.  So the problem is not on gaga solely, or even the label solely; its in fact in the relationship between the two, which shows in the final product.  

Listening to Terry's ideas for the videos? I think she was absolutely in for that idea tho. You seen them collaborate before, a backlash was to be expected.

After the Miley video, I bet the label was highly supportive of Terry.

I HATE this bull**** myth that Gaga is always wrong and everyone around her is right. 

Confused at how she ever felt positive about collaborating with R Kelly in the first place. I don't think I'll ever understand that. Not the most feminist move of her career. I really hope the video does get "reworked" and the Xtina remix becomes a video-version? That would be great.

Its like what gags said about "Dope", the label wanted a ballad cuz it was on trend but gaga didn't so she went into the studio and said "U want a f**kn ballad, ill show u a f**kn ballad" and ended up making raw and almost in a way disgusting (sorry for the lack of a better word choice) ballad rather than a beautiful, princess-pop one

I bet that's true and praise Gaga for saving us from an Uncle.

Archived