💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

A must read! The reasons for the video delay (no JK)

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

MonsterMum

In the US charts section a new member popped up with great posts and so it seems, knowledge.

Please have a look there and check the last few pages for posts the member Itaita for some more truth tea!

I had an OK to post it here since he/she cannot make threads.

If you mods feel it needs to be moved please do it.

I am a fan and  a long time lurker, first time poster, also connected to the industry.

Anyway, I thought I would address some of your meltdowns above and set some things relatively straight. I am not here to bash, just to give some info and also put perspective on things.

The reason according to my sources why the video is on hold is because, indeed, Terry and Gaga went all out. It's quite, er, suggestive.

The problem is that, you may have not paid attention, but there has been a major R.Kelly backlash in the recent couple of weeks. The mainstream has caught on, even though it's Christmas time, and the whole industry, although most people already knew of his reputation, the Village Voice expose with the court documents posted did a lot of damage.

Now, you could say that it doesn't matter, and to R.Kelly it may not. His fanbase will still support him, most likely.

But for Gaga, who has been re-building her image, to go from Venus to making out with a publicly known pedophile and abuser, is a huge risk. Interscope does not feel it is a good one this time around. Shock value is good, when it's harmless, in their opinion. Also it's Christmas-time, and the timing of a pretty sleazy video being released just as children are getting their gifts from under the tree....eh.... not ideal. There would be hell to pay from the media who would eat this up - Gaga getting it on with R.Kelly on screen - and all the articles would link back to his online mess.

The video is being re-worked. I don't think it will be scrapped, though. The Christina event added to the possibility of her being in the new version but it's not confirmed, as far as I know.

Now, as much as Gaga is a powerhouse of ideas, she ALWAYS had brilliant collaborators who helped her filter those ideas. The reason why The Fame and TFM did so well is because there was a cohesiveness to that work, both musically and visually. She deferred to her Haus, management and although still ultra active in the creation of the presentations, she had a TEAM.

Now, the team is no longer there. Vince is a great guy, but he was always a yes man to her, not a real partner. It was Troy who guided her in the recent years. The industry was buzzing after their breakup. For Troy to give up his cash cow was unthinkable. Don't make the mistake of thinking that Gaga could just break that contract herself. She does not have THAT much power yet. Interscope owns her hand and foot, it's a 360 deal. For them it was an Event Horizon, not in a good way. So for Troy to depart, and before the cycle started, meant that Gaga was truly acting out and taking the reigns and was impossible to handle.

I am not saying it's always a bad thing to walk your own line, but on that level it's very hard to keep an even head. I think this album and the whole era show a lack of cohesiveness. Even BTW, with its flaws, still had an element of 'that something'. People loved or hated it and still do. Some in the fan base are now waxing nostalgic about it. Most people in the GP just don't really...care.

Anyway, here's to hoping things will turn around and Gaga acquires a brilliant collaborator/partner/strategist in no time.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, as much as Gaga is a powerhouse of ideas, she ALWAYS had brilliant collaborators who helped her filter those ideas. The reason why The Fame and TFM did so well is because there was a cohesiveness to that work, both musically and visually. She deferred to her Haus, management and although still ultra active in the creation of the presentations, she had a TEAM.

Except, the Just Dance video is basic. Even the Poker Face video is basic. When Bad Romance dropped, everyone hated it and they thought she was ruining her career. When Telephone's video premiered, people bashed it and called it "too much". When the Alejandro video premiered, there was a collective groan inside of the fanbase.

But of course all of those opinions quickly subsided because the album sold well and that's what dictated people's opinions.

Now, the team is no longer there. Vince is a great guy, but he was always a yes man to her, not a real partner. It was Troy who guided her in the recent years. The industry was buzzing after their breakup. For Troy to give up his cash cow was unthinkable. Don't make the mistake of thinking that Gaga could just break that contract herself. She does not have THAT much power yet. Interscope owns her hand and foot, it's a 360 deal. For them it was an Event Horizon, not in a good way. So for Troy to depart, and before the cycle started, meant that Gaga was truly acting out and taking the reigns and was impossible to handle.

This is wrong. With the exception of about three people, her team is still there and she's still collaborating. All this person, whoever they are, is doing is regurgitating the same bull**** about Gaga "being on her own" that her fans seem think is true despite it being confirmed otherwise for months now. Gaga has always been in control and she will always be in control. It's as simple as that.

If Interscope were really worried, they'd step in. It's common sense.

Fans honestly need to stop acting like they know what's good for an artist. I know I'm guilty of acting the same way, but it's clear to me now: Gaga is doing what makes her happy and that's all that matter. If y'all knew so much, you'd be in the business, but you're not so.

BuzzcutSeason

honestly this era is starting to fail i mean DWUW isn't doing that good for her and people say to wait but…really what do u think is gonna happen…..i mean katy is already moving to her 3rd single and its #7 on iTunes already and it was released for promo….face it…Applause was really it for now and do what u want will die by January so...

Prometheus

:applause:

Hope this is legitimate. I mean it makes sense. Total sense. I actually kind of like the Christina collab more than R. Kelly's to be honest :manicure: Imagine just them in the video :flutter:

However, people still listen to Chris Brown even when everyone knows he beats women. I am NO WAY condoning what R. Kelly did. I'm just saying that there appears to be a double standard? :shrug: I'm not well versed in the case so I can't say much with gusto.

MonsterMum

I was with you until...

This is wrong. With the exception of about three people, her team is still there and she's still collaborating. All this person, whoever they are, is doing is regurgitating the same bull**** about Gaga "being on her own" that her fans seem think is true despite it being confirmed otherwise for months now. Gaga has always been in control and she will always be in control. It's as simple as that.

Fans honestly need to stop acting like they know what's good for an artist. I know I'm guilty of acting the same way, but it's clear to me now: Gaga is doing what makes her happy and that's all that matter. If y'all knew so much, you'd be in the business, but you're not so.

Like I said there are more posts in the US chart section if you wanna read up more.

BuzzcutSeason

can someone explain the paragraphs in human words……and its obvious the GP doesn't care much…it kinda is

Stephen

Except, the Just Dance video is basic. Even the Poker Face video is basic. When Bad Romance dropped, everyone hated it and they thought she was ruining her career. When Telephone's video premiered, people bashed it and called it "too much". When the Alejandro video premiered, there was a collective groan inside of the fanbase.

But of course all of those opinions quickly subsided because the album sold well and that's what dictated people's opinions.

:applause:  :applause:  :applause:  :applause:  :applause:

honestly this era is starting to fail i mean DWUW isn't doing that good for her and people say to wait but…really what do u think is gonna happen…..i mean katy is already moving to her 3rd single and its #7 on iTunes already and it was released for promo….face it…Applause was really it for now and do what u want will die by January so...

Katy's second single sold less than MTN and Judas and you don't see anyone saying her era is failing. What's your point?

Archived