💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Arturo

Featured Posts

:lmao: I'm naming the songs that have the most potential

Gypsy has HAC and Pop cross-over appeal, WW appeal, not trendy, great video is almost impossible, will help sell the album, great acoustic performances possible.

ARTPOP has HAC, Rhythmic, Pop, AC, AAA and perhaps Alternative cross-over appeal, WW appeal, trendy, great video is possible, but hard. She can put loads of artistic references in the video, and this song will help sell the album the most because it's the title track, amazing performances possible.

Venus has Pop, Rhythmic cross-over appeal, WW appeal, risky, great video can easily be done for Gaga, will help raise interest in her and the album, good typical Gaga performances very possible.

Aura has Pop and perhaps HAC/Rhythmic cross-over appeal, controversial, trendy, great video is very possible (Telephone continuation anyone?), will certainly help selling the album.

ARTPOP for the win tbh

• Replies 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paper Gangsta

Btw. Main reason why most of you want Gypsy and not Venus is airplay. And we allready discussed Venus has far more potential for great video. And if Dope peaked at #8 without ariplay and only 30k sales, and DWUW couldn't with almost 80m AI and double sales i guess streaming is much more important than airplay

If only it would've sold more :giveup:

I know :( But it was still successful and got her in the consciousness of the public and it has a chance of doing 3m overall I guess. It seems like it has amazing consistency even now so I think it will. And all with just two TV performances during the actual single run as well.

more like non :rip:  How you decided that ARTPOP will have such a crossover appeal :lmao:  even You and I didn't :rip:

Ehhm, it's all luck. While Gypsy stands no chance on many formats, same with DWUW, ARTPOP can smash on so many formats.

Ehhm, it's all luck. While Gypsy stands no chance on many formats, same with DWUW, ARTPOP can smash on so many formats.

there is no such thing tho.. If a song becomes big, most formats will play It no matter if it's a dance song or a royals type of song.  If royals didn't took off, It wouldn't have been played anywhere.

Btw. Main reason why most of you want Gypsy and not Venus is airplay. And we allready discussed Venus has far more potential for great video. And if Dope peaked at #8 without ariplay and only 30k sales, and DWUW couldn't with almost 80m AI and double sales i guess streaming is much more important than airplay

Pretty much.

I know :( But it was still successful and got her in the consciousness of the public and it has a chance of doing 3m overall I guess. It seems like it has amazing consistency even now so I think it will. And all with just two TV performances during the actual single run as well.

I think that if she would've done more performances for Applause in the US and also promoted it in Europe, Australia, Asia we would've gotten one of her biggest hits. It probably would've joined her smash lead-singles list.

Btw. Main reason why most of you want Gypsy and not Venus is airplay. And we allready discussed Venus has far more potential for great video. And if Dope peaked at #8 without ariplay and only 30k sales, and DWUW couldn't with almost 80m AI i guess streaming is much more important

That video of Dope was promoted with ads on YouTube though. Unless they do that with Venus, then that isn't a strong enough reason for Venus to be a single. And also the only thing you're arguing is the POTENTIAL of the video - there's nothing to say it will actually be really good just because the song is pretty elaborate and theatrical.

Also streaming doesn't translate as well into sales, and airplay is a more reliable and consistent source of promotion that feeds into sales better. Just like Dope. You said it yourself. I would rather her get a hit with decent sales than be high on Hot 100 for a while and considered a joke like Harlem Shake.

DWUW is a bigger hit than Dope tho :awkney:  I'd rather have a number 2 song as big as BR than a number 1 song as big as Teenage Dream

I'd rather have a top 20 hit as big as DWUW than top 10 hit as big as Dope.

I think that if she would've done more performances for Applause in the US and also promoted it in Europe, Australia, Asia we would've gotten one of her biggest hits. It probably would've joined her smash lead-singles list.

Yeah Applause didn't get the opportunities that it deserved. I still can't believe there was NO performances of it outside US...

Hypocrateen

KIIS:

Applause: 2

Do What U Want: 2

Just Dance: 1

Z100:

Applause: 2

Do What U Want: 1

Enough with the talking ladies, here we have the real third single.

ibf25unIqsdyxQ.gif

Gypsy Life

Gypsy is DESIGNED for HAC/AC.

That's not counting Pop, of course, and Rhytmic will follow suit.

That video of Dope was promoted with ads on YouTube though. Unless they do that with Venus, then that isn't a strong enough reason for Venus to be a single. And also the only thing you're arguing is the POTENTIAL of the video - there's nothing to say it will actually be really good just because the song is pretty elaborate and theatrical.

Also streaming doesn't translate as well into sales, and airplay is a more reliable and consistent source of promotion that feeds into sales better. Just like Dope. You said it yourself. I would rather her get a hit with decent sales than be high on Hot 100 for a while and considered a joke like Harlem Shake.

Wrecking Ball though.

there is no such thing tho.. If a song becomes big, most formats will play It no matter if it's a dance song or a royals type of song.  If royals didn't took off, It wouldn't have been played anywhere.

HAC:

31 = EMINEM The Monster f/Rih... 607 +5 99 -22 5.592 +0.006 44 4/37 31 607 131 5.592

oh really?

Archived