Jump to content
celeb

Pitchfork shades Taylor’s VMA appearance


ThisGuyTony
 Share

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

“At some point after Taylor Swift had gladhanded her way up to the stage for the second time on Sunday night, I found myself on the Wikipedia page for the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards… Pretty much, we used to have stars. We still do, but when a 68-year-old Madonna is the only one injecting any verve or danger into the evening’s proceedings, your awards show has officially ceased to be cool. 

Taylor Swift Needs a Vacation: She mentioned “music videos” nine times in her Artist Director Honors acceptance speech, but couldn’t expand on why the medium means so much to her.

She said over a montage of her video sets that she “never wants to do anything but make stuff,” then never got into the finer details.”

 

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 7
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love moderating, because with moderating I can do stuff, I can feel the power of moderation, moderation is fulfilling, when I moderate, I feel alive, the medium of forums, and moderation of forum is important to our society and to myself.moderation. yes. moderation.

thank you.

So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy
  • LMAO 19
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

loveandpeace

She’s an empty vessel. She knows she can write about anything, make it marketable, and it’ll sell. She’s fully aware of the power and privilege she has, but beyond that, there’s just nothing there.

Edited by loveandpeace
ꕤ。˚⋆ just smile :) ♡🦋
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not a conspiracy theorist but as time goes on the theories and blind items about her having used ghostwriters in the past seems plausible to me. Anytime I hear her speak she seems unable to form any articulate thought about her art or the creative process. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with them tbh. She’s not an art director by any measure. Especially in her videography, choosing to direct your own music videos doesn’t mean you have artistic direction.

Her best artistic direction in her videos comes from Joseph Khan who notoriously doesn’t allow input from artists he works with, hence why he walked away from TEOG.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The way there are still so many people who care about the VMAs is irrational to me. I’ve been living like it stopped happening over ten years ago. Even when Gaga was crowned Tricon I was like meh. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
Link to post
Share on other sites

The VMAs stopped being relevant as an award show when MTV decided that reality shows were Music Television and the only source of entertainment on any of their MTV channels.

Madonna will always know how to put on a terrific show because she is that B. I have no idea why MTV even bothers with this show considering it just gets worse and worse every year. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Siena said:

I’m not a conspiracy theorist but as time goes on the theories and blind items about her having used ghostwriters in the past seems plausible to me. Anytime I hear her speak she seems unable to form any articulate thought about her art or the creative process. 

eh i think it's as simple as she is someone who showed genuine promise as a young artist, got WAY too much founded and unfounded validation and hate and no one to help moderate that into anything constructive and her wealth wound up insulating her to the point she's regressed. she aint the first nor the last. 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

JohnPokerface

They been keeping their foot on her neck ever since she dropped the Encore :thriller:

  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

loveandpeace
27 minutes ago, JohnPokerface said:

They been keeping their foot on her neck ever since she dropped the Encore :thriller:

Taylor Snake

ꕤ。˚⋆ just smile :) ♡🦋
Link to post
Share on other sites

juju

she's just never been a video girlie to me, idk... its confusing that she is so continously celebrated at an award ceremony honoring music videos lol. :saladga:

the madonna shade tho can be omitted tho, when she is literally the mother of all video girls. ntm, pitchfork

she/her
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...