Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Random Movie Discussion

Mills

Favourite Movie Genre  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of movies do you like most?

Featured Posts

Box-Office Update: 'Man of Steel' Soars to Record June Opening

tumblr_mfbej3Xyee1qerjfuo1_500.gif

Man of Steel set a June opening record with an estimated $113.1 million, surpassing the mark set in 2012 by Toy Story 3 ($110.3 million). Add to that another $12 million from Thursday night screenings, and you have an impressive $125.1 million, far outstripping the debut of Superman Returns seven Junes ago. (That 2006 reboot opened with $52.5 million from Friday to Sunday and a five-day-weekend total of $84.6 million.)

Find out more here.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PREVIEW:

The Wolf of Wall Street
Starring Leonardo DiCaprio 
November 2013

The Wolf of Wall Street is an upcoming biographical black comedy film directed by Martin Scorsese, based on the memoir of the same name by Jordan Belfort. The screenplay was written by Terence Winter, and the film stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Belfort, along with other cast members including Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, and Matthew McConaughey, among others.

PREVIEW:

Frozen
Walt Disney Animation Studios
November 2013

It is loosely based on Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale The Snow Queen. It will be the 53rd animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series. The film will feature the voices of Kristen Bell as Anna, Idina Menzel as Elsa the Snow Queen, and Jonathan Groff as Kristoff, in speaking as well as singing roles.

Gaga is Life

Just one more day until I see Fast 6 :excited2:

Also that new Sandra Bullock movie looks good :yes:

Gaga is Life

So I just saw Fast & Furious 6. It was epic, I must say, with a lot of thrilling car action. I also liked how they showed parts of the past Fast films in the opening credits. At the beginning of the movie, though, I'd think in real life that GT-R would blitz that Challenger. But I'll always go the V8. Anyway, I also noticed that when Letty and Dom were talking about scars after their street race the lights on the Charger were on high beam when he got out, then went on normal beam and then back on high beam. And the ending with - surprise surprise - Jason Statham in the old Tokyo movie confused me. And that runway was so long

Great film :worship:

Pure Adrenaline

this thread is amazing..... can't wait for JP 4  :excited2:  and all these new releases that are happening and I still have to watch The GreatGatsby,F&F 6 and Man Of Steel  :zilla:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Box office report: 'Monsters University' scares up $82 million, 'World War Z' shatters expectations

monsters-university-01_612x380.jpg

Pixar earned its 14th No. 1 at the box office this weekend  out of 14 releases. Yep, the animation studio, now owned by Disney, has never not opened a film in first place. Its latest release, Monsters University, was no exception. It finished at the top of its class.

Monsters graduated with $82 million from 4,004 theaters in its debut weekend, making it the second biggest Pixar opener of all time behind Toy Story 3, which bowed with $110.3 million in June 2010. It also beat the opening of its predecessor, Monsters Inc., which opened with $62.6 million in 2001. That being said, when inflation is taken into account, Monsters Inc.‘s debut adjusts to about $82 million today (and that was without 3D tickets).

In second place, the Brad Pitt vehicle World War Z went totally viral with an excellent $66 million debut from 3,607 theaters. The zombie thriller, which reportedly cost over $200 million to produce (Paramount is admitting to $190 million), had a famously troubled production, but thanks to Paramount’s relentless marketing campaign (including numerous ads in this year’s hugely popular NBA finals), World War Z became the biggest opening of Brad Pitt’s career, ahead of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, which opened with $50.3 million in 2005.

Here's the full article.

Finally watched Monsters University. And personally, I like it more than the first one. It wasn't the best Pixar film I've seen, but it's definitely among the very good ones. At the end of it, I really enjoyed its storyline. And If I've to rate this prequel, I'd give it an overall 3.5/5. 

Chinosky

Just watched Monsters University and it was AMAZING. I really like it more than Monsters Inc, tbh. I'll give it a 4.5/5.

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

• 3 weeks later...

Movie in Focus for this month: White House Down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wonLfgO5p8

If you're a fan of the Die Hard franchise and other action-packed films, this would surely top your favourites - at least for this year. Love the drama and the overall adrenaline you'd be feeling throughout the entire film. I'd give it a 9/10. 

Pop Art

Probably The Great Gatsby. But ask me again at the end of the year and I'll probably say Machete Kills.

RAMROD

Pacific Rim :legend:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TerenceMonster

I'm just gonna say Monsters U because that's literally all I watched for 2013. But it was really good for me!

I'll be watching Kills because I enjoyed the first one, but I don't think exploitation films are to be taken seriously. 

RAMROD

I want to see it, I heard it was amazing

Evil Dead was ****ed up :wtf:

You gotta, I am so blown away :rockstar:

And yeah, the Evil Dead remakes was so off.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Mills unpinned this topic

Archived