Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular opinion: Chromatica Ball Tour

Blackout19

Featured Posts

old sanuk

I loved that she broke free visually from her three huge single hits by performing them first, as if to get them out of the way, and then the balance of the setlist appeared to chronologically tell her biography from Alice (abortion & striving for success) to her current relatively happy place (with Stupid Love & Hold My Hand), with all her ups and downs between. To me she radiated happiness more so than on previous tours.

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 1

elijahfan

Well... for a pop show of that scale, I think it definitely lacked some more moving parts. Compare it with Beyoncé or Madonna's recent tours and it really looks amateurish. Gaga's getting away with it with her amazing vocals and stage presence, but the scale of the show isn't on par with her contemporaries.

Also, my biggest issue with her shows in recent years is we've always been hearing the same versions of old songs. I wish she'd actually collaborate with her musical director to reorchestrate her hits to fit the vibe of the album she's promoting (once again, Madonna says hi).

But to do all those things would mean doing a bit more than showing up barely 2 months before the first show to rehearse and film visuals in extremis... :oops:

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Poltergeist

As much as I hate Free Woman, it was one of my favorite performances

And I felt super sad at first, because I didn't go, but after seeing that SFA was not performed, I stopped caring at once

I've been getting messages from my deep waters
  • Like 1

Tinnitus15
18 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I don’t know why people care about a film for TCB.

Cuz it can give the tour a new look. That’s why 

• YAAAS 1

Starmie25
14 minutes ago, Brizel said:

The tour sounds bad from most of these reviews, no wonder it’s been shelved 

It wasn't bad at all. It was marvellous. And this is just from an iPhone recording :air:

Bad? Stans over analyse the smallest things sometimes.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Starmie25
9 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

The piano section was amazing. Hearing the whole stadium singing shallow and ARUTW was just pure joy. 

Even the mic was shaking :giveup:

• YAAAS 2

4 hours ago, River said:

I think the stage was ok, you guys praised worst stages, I still don't understand why so many fans were hard on Gaga because of the stage while praising other, much more, basic ones :shrug:

Replay was the highlight of the show.

Her lack of dancing in BR was not a good choice, as the opener, it felt energyless and not so "gaga"

Not singing Paparazzi was another mistake.

Telephone followed by LoveGame is really overused and could have been replace by 2 other songs.

GIRL that Bad Romance opener was perfect symbolism. Her being trapped in her fame in a cage. Then the dancers worshipping her during just dance.. it was pure art!!

• Like 7

Probably not that unpopular of an opinon but here we go: 

Don't do a stadium tour if you're gonna use a basic ass box stage. No matter how good the production is, and tbf the Chromatica tour was otherwise amazing, the show will always be held back by the constraints of an arena sized stage in a stadium 4x the size. 

P!nk did the same for Trustfall/Summer carnival this year and at Opening Night with a VIP seat package I wasn't able to see the full stage due to the sidings despite having the most expensive ticket package available. Again, amazing show and I loved it but having to watch the Trustfall routine on the screens despite being right next to it was stupid. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jarvin said:

GIRL that Bad Romance opener was perfect symbolism. Her being trapped in her fame in a cage. Then the dancers worshipping her during just dance.. it was pure art!!

art can be boring too :traumatica:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

I don’t know why people care about a film for TCB.

cus i didn't get to see it live :messga:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Brizel said:

The tour sounds bad from most of these reviews, no wonder it’s been shelved 

so they would shelve a project because of a few negative comments on GGD vs the sold out stadium tickets? :samanthac:

mother, what must i do?