MJHolland 12,725 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 7 minutes ago, Economy said: It's not that serious. But I'd quickly walk past ppl as quickly as possible rather than start something like that I'm more commenting at the fact that I'm not surprised the first comments are commending it like it's a positive thing even if it is not that serious I just find anything that is even remotely politicized ppl throw a balanced view of anything right out the window and immediately "yazzzzz" and egg on an action if it alligns with their views and I personally despise that cuz I think it's part of what fuels excessive rifts and anger in politics or any social views It's something I personally strive to never do. It doesn't matter how much I lean towards something I try not to be biased In this case I'm very for masks and against anti maskers but I'm not going to egg on spraying ppl around. Again not that serious but not something I'm gonna glorify either nor do I think it should be The little tiny spritz they're getting is nothing compared to the deadly novel virus they're probably handing out to innocent people left and right. This man is simply making them internalize their own negative externalities because apparently the business's employees are incompetent. I like what I see, I like this man. Hashtag wearing a mask isn't a political issue even if conservatives want to make it one! It's a public health issue. Please let's not keep repeating this line. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GagaSine 7,464 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 10 minutes ago, Economy said: It's not that serious. But I'd quickly walk past ppl as quickly as possible rather than start something like that I'm more commenting at the fact that I'm not surprised the first comments are commending it like it's a positive thing even if it is not that serious I just find anything that is even remotely politicized ppl throw a balanced view of anything right out the window and immediately "yazzzzz" and egg on an action if it alligns with their views and I personally despise that cuz I think it's part of what fuels excessive rifts and anger in politics or any social views It's something I personally strive to never do. It doesn't matter how much I lean towards something I try not to be biased In this case I'm very for masks and against anti maskers but I'm not going to egg on spraying ppl around. Again not that serious but not something I'm gonna glorify either nor do I think it should be I still don’t see anything wrong with what he’s doing, like they are literally endangering people’s health by not wearing a mask. If someone was attacking me physically and I sprayed them to keep them away, or even kicked them or something would it be wrong for people to go “yaaas”? I think it’s a justified feeling. i was going to comment @Economy that you seem very dedicated to being as neutral/centred as possible, even when it is sort of illogical or detrimental to do so Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 1 minute ago, MJHolland said: The little tiny spritz they're getting is nothing compared to the deadly novel virus they're probably handing out to innocent people left and right. This man is simply making them internalize their own negative externalities because apparently the business's employees are incompetent. I like what I see, I like this man. Hashtag wearing a mask isn't a political issue even if conservatives want to make it one! It's a public health issue. Please let's not keep repeating this line. "It's nothing compared to". That's my point exactly As for the politics I'm fully aware of who politicized it and turned into a thing. But the principal still stands. It doesn't even strictly have to be for politics. If ppl see 2 wrongs and 1 wrong is emphasizing a point their thinking alligns with they will defend it Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ronk 14,934 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 I believe Target requires that customers wear masks. It appears they are not enforcing their own policy. https://corporate.target.com/article/2020/07/coronavirus-safety-update I live outside the space time continuum. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 20 minutes ago, GagaSine said: I still don’t see anything wrong with what he’s doing, like they are literally endangering people’s health by not wearing a mask. If someone was attacking me physically and I sprayed them to keep them away, or even kicked them or something would it be wrong for people to go “yaaas”? I think it’s a justified feeling. i was going to comment @Economy that you seem very dedicated to being as neutral/centred as possible, even when it is sort of illogical or detrimental to do so I don't think it's illogical at all Not spraying ppl is not detrimental. He literally could of walked right passed them or gone around another way rather than start something like this. If this kind of conflict innitiation had half a chance of actually making them think I get it but they aren't going to start wearing masks because of being sprayed so why do this? Not wanting to justify 1 questionable action because of another bigger wrong doesn't mean I'm trying to be detrimentally neutral. There's isn't always a right side in everything Think about it for a second. Really think about it. Society is getting more and more agressive in the ways it tries to preach justice and how everyone should act and how are those methods working out so far? It's just creating more anger, chaos and sides are becoming more extreme. Clearly the modern way of seeing things is not working This whole fighting fire with fire and then justifying it cuz "we are in the right" is a rising attitude that I think merits some serious scrutiny or reconsideration. To put it bluntly, it's not working, it's making tensions in society worse not better Just because you are right or the better person doesn't mean u therefore get a free card to say and do anything u want (In fact being the "better person" has always involved how u choose to react as well not just what u stand for). But that seems to be where ppl are literally starting to go with everything Edit: and just an FYI I am not at all always neutral. I have opinions all the time and frequently pick sides. But I think the concept of being neutral then there's 2 wrongs is becoming so foreign that the fact that I sometimes do it makes me stand out and make it appear like l do it all the time. Go to any thread on economy or policy for example and 9 times out of 10 I do have a side I agree with and a side I do not Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GagaSine 7,464 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 27 minutes ago, Economy said: I don't think it's illogical at all Not spraying ppl is not detrimental. He literally could of walked right passed them or gone around another way rather than start something like this. If this kind of conflict innitiation had half a chance of actually making them think I get it but they aren't going to start wearing masks because of being sprayed so why do this? Not wanting to justify 1 questionable action because of another bigger wrong doesn't mean I'm trying to be detrimentally neutral. There's isn't always a right side in everything Think about it for a second. Really think about it. Society is getting more and more agressive in the ways it tries to preach justice and how everyone should act and how are those methods working out so far? It's just creating more anger, chaos and sides are becoming more extreme. Clearly the modern way of seeing things is not working This whole fighting fire with fire and then justifying it cuz "we are in the right" is a rising attitude that I think merits some serious scrutiny or reconsideration. To put it bluntly, it's not working, it's making tensions in society worse not better Just because you are right or the better person doesn't mean u therefore get a free card to say and do anything u want (In fact being the "better person" has always involved how u choose to react as well not just what u stand for). But that seems to be where ppl are literally starting to go with everything Edit: and just an FYI I am not at all always neutral. I have opinions all the time and frequently pick sides. But I think the concept of being neutral then there's 2 wrongs is becoming so foreign that the fact that I sometimes do it makes me stand out and make it appear like l do it all the time. Go to any thread on economy or policy for example and 9 times out of 10 I do have a side I agree with and a side I do not By illogical I mean I have no idea why you’re making this argument on your posts, two wrongs don’t make a right yet you are also saying thar the man’s behaviour is not detrimental. So why bring your point up in the first place? I just don’t understand because to me what the man is doing is more self Defense than ‘fire with fire’. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 9 minutes ago, GagaSine said: By illogical I mean I have no idea why you’re making this argument on your posts, two wrongs don’t make a right yet you are also saying thar the man’s behaviour is not detrimental. So why bring your point up in the first place? I just don’t understand because to me what the man is doing is more self Defense than ‘fire with fire’. Alright I'll clarify No the man spraying ppl is not the most serious thing in the world and I probably would of not even have left a comment Only even tho it's not that serious I still don't see it as a positive thing and not something to be cheering Ppl cheering on something like this ties in to something that stems from a generally bigger fundamental problem is how ppl are increasingly having the mentality of justifying things they shouldn't justify just because it alligns with their thinking I think that is causing a lot of problems in society these days and making tensions even worse than they need to be so it's something that really irks me And that's the reason I made a comment about ppl "yazzing" this or egging it on Think of it when ppl comment on something that in itself isn't that serious but low-key stems from something bigger like racism for example so they still comment cuz they feel they gotta say something to the bigger issue. That's kinda the same kind of thing I did just now. If it was just the 1 action in itself at play in my mind of the man spraying that sanitizer I wouldn't have even left a comment in the first place Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ALGAYDO 35,569 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 There’s a place downtown, where the freaks all roam around, there’s a hole in the wall, it’s a dirty free-for-all Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GagaSine 7,464 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 6 minutes ago, Economy said: Alright I'll clarify No the man spraying ppl is not the most serious thing in the world and I probably would of not even have left a comment Only even tho it's not that serious I still don't see it as a positive thing and not something to be cheering Ppl cheering on something like this ties in to something that stems from a generally bigger fundamental problem is how ppl are increasingly having the mentality of justifying things they shouldn't justify just because it alligns with their thinking I think that is causing a lot of problems in society these days and making tensions even worse than they need to be so it's something that really irks me And that's the reason I made a comment about ppl "yazzing" this or egging it on Think of it when ppl comment on something that in itself isn't that serious but low-key stems from something bigger like racism for example so they still comment cuz they feel they gotta say something to the bigger issue. That's kinda the same kind of thing I did just now. If it was just the 1 action in itself at play in my mind of the man spraying that sanitizer I wouldn't have even left a comment in the first place Thanks for clarifying further. For me seeing this action as cathartic as a service worker, because I have to deal with people potentially endangering my health daily, who won’t wear their masks properly or at all every day, and who act like I’m an inconsiderate idiot for even asking them to wear their masks properly while inside my workplace, some of whom even become aggressive. It’s hard for me not to feel joy at someone retaliating in a harmless way like this. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Xoxo Adriana 15,040 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 “you’re gonna get arrested” him just not giving a sh*t: Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MadreMonster 2,584 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 . Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gagaloo911 12,959 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 This is hilarious omg YAAASSS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LG666 1,931 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 Hah! Those idiots deserve it honestly. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LilMonst3r 5,700 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 Meanwhile the managers playlist is banging take it off or is it the anti maskers? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheSlash 14,539 Posted January 12, 2021 Share Posted January 12, 2021 While this may be a little too over the top, in general I'm hoping to get this kind of energy from 2021 Ew, David! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.