💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What's wrong with Love + Fear?

DC

Featured Posts

Lona Delery

bland and generic production, cringe lyrics, melodies are weaker than anything shes ever put out before

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeavyMetalLover

It has a few good songs but it was a huge disappointment as a follow up to FROOT.

139f52d6a7424e640abdc183aae0eb27_w200.gi

I still love ha and saw her in concert last year.

139f52d6a7424e640abdc183aae0eb27_w200.gi

i don't remember ARTPOP

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
10 hours ago, DC said:

People used to say Electra Heart was bland too :vegas:

At least it was cool

not a french fry

I blame the tortoise:ohwell:

social experiment gone wrong

Agunimon

I think I just never got over the fact that rather than going back to TFJ sounds after FROOT (which had some nodes, I felt, to TFJ), she further went into the sounds on FROOT she touched on that I found to be the more skipable tracks. Fear + Love is an album full of skips for me.

HausOfAntonio

Literally nothing is wrong. I was so taken aback by the reception because I wasn’t active on twitter and GGD when it came out, so when I learnt that it was poorly received i was SHOCKED. I was SO obsessed with the album and love every single song. Marina does no wrong in my book. 

Yes, the production is nothing to write home about nor is the structure of the songs, but they’re all composed beautifully and I love her vocals and melodies.

Its tied with Froot for my favourite album by her. 

HausOfAntonio
9 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

bland and generic production, cringe lyrics, melodies are weaker than anything shes ever put out before

:udidnt: sis.... Handmade Heaven is one of her best melodies, the album is full of beautiful melodies imo. They all really resonate with me. 

After the perfection that is FROOT, Love + Fear felt like a completely bland and uninspired album. It lacked what made Marina...Marina, if that makes sense.

I’m happy to hear she made the album during a really good place in her life, but as controversial what I’m about to say will sound: I think artists, especially singers, make much better art when they are going through something (be it big or small).

Also, her voice did not go well at all with the mainstream/basic instrumentals. It is just as unique as her previous instrumentals, which clearly suit it more. 

Archived