PoetsTryinWrite 1,262 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 Just now, KindnessPunk28 said: Well, your anti-mask stance certainly isn't doing any favors in your quest to help disadvantaged people since they're more at risk to die from COVID-19 Just listen to yourself. You’re too brainwashed to even have a reasonable disagreement with. But of course, this isn’t about health for you, is it? This is about you not being able to see someone you love. And you want to make it seem like I’m the thoughtless one here? I’m on the front lines, in hospitals and treatment centres ever day trying to save lives. One comment about fascism and you compare me to Donald Trump? You’re sick. Introducing mandatory face masks five months into a pandemic is just about as sensible as buying a packet of condoms for the baby shower. If you can’t see how ridiculous this is then you’re beyond my help. Good luck. Defend Your Humanity. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bonkers 30,876 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 4 minutes ago, PoetsTryinWrite said: Wow, the brainwashing is deep on you. So, you don’t care about fascism and I’m as bad as Donald Trump? I dedicate every day of my life to helping the most vulnerable people in our society. I have nothing more to say to you. It's not fascism, it's acting as a functioning society. Sometimes, we have to make small changes for the betterment of our society. Sometimes, we have to make a small change so that our hospitals don't collapse. Being an American isn't just about having rights. It's also about having a duty. And we all have a responsibility to do what we can to help our neighbors and to keep our medical system functioning. Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PoetsTryinWrite 1,262 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 Just now, Bonkers said: It's not fascism, it's acting as a functioning society. Sometimes, we have to make small changes for the betterment of our society. Sometimes, we have to make a small change so that our hospitals don't collapse. Being an American isn't just about having rights. It's also about having a duty. And we all have a responsibility to do what we can to help our neighbors and to keep our medical system functioning. Underlining your statements doesn’t bring any more wisdom to it. You’d happily see every human right stripped from every sovereign citizen so long as you get your “freedom.” By the grace of God I’m not American. I am a sovereign person belonging to a sovereign nation. I do not have to wear a mask. I have been travelling on planes, trains, buses, from country to country with no mask and I test negative for this virus every week. Educate yourself on immunology before you compare a health worker to your disgusting president. Defend Your Humanity. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
KindnessPunk28 1,506 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 2 minutes ago, PoetsTryinWrite said: Just listen to yourself. You’re too brainwashed to even have a reasonable disagreement with. But of course, this isn’t about health for you, is it? This is about you not being able to see someone you love. And you want to make it seem like I’m the thoughtless one here? I’m on the front lines, in hospitals and treatment centres ever day trying to save lives. One comment about fascism and you compare me to Donald Trump? You’re sick. Introducing mandatory face masks five months into a pandemic is just about as sensible as buying a packet of condoms for the baby shower. If you can’t see how ridiculous this is then you’re beyond my help. Good luck. Face masks have been proven to be mostly effective at curtailing the virus. I assumed a healthcare worker would know that And yes, being able to see my partner after nearly 6 months is on the top of my priorities. That's why I've been wearing a mask, staying home, and do what I can to help this virus go away. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bonkers 30,876 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 Just now, PoetsTryinWrite said: Underlining your statements doesn’t bring any more wisdom to it. You’d happily see every human right stripped from every sovereign citizen so long as you get your “freedom.” By the grace of God I’m not American. I am a sovereign person belonging to a sovereign nation. I do not have to wear a mask. I have been travelling on planes, trains, buses, from country to country with no mask and I test negative for this virus every week. Educate yourself on immunology before you compare a health worker to your disgusting president. Oh my god. The fact that you think you're being intelligent. Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PoetsTryinWrite 1,262 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 Just now, KindnessPunk28 said: Face masks have been proven to be mostly effective at curtailing the virus. I assumed a healthcare worker would know that And yes, being able to see my partner after nearly 6 months is on the top of my priorities. That's why I've been wearing a mask, staying home, and do what I can to help this virus go away. Precisely. You wear the mask and comply with the laws so that you can get what you want. Don’t pretend that you’re sacrificing freedom for the betterment of society, it’s contrived, pretentious and self-righteous. Working in healthcare every day I’m pretty sure I know what I’m talking about. What do you do for a living? Defend Your Humanity. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Webb7 438 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 It's fairly obvious that neither capitalism nor socialism work in 2020. However Scandinavia, Australia, Canada, New Zealand get it right, in MY opinion I know I will get a lot of hates from saying this that many aspects that affect the standard of living (healthcare, education, democracy, workers rights, distribution of income and wealth, climate and environmental protection, women's rights, LGBT rights, corruption, freedom of the press, violence, discrimination...), America is literally closer to a third world country than the top nations in the world.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PoetsTryinWrite 1,262 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 1 minute ago, Bonkers said: Oh my god. The fact that you think you're being intelligent. Oh my god. The fact that you think attacking people proves some kind of point... Defend Your Humanity. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
KindnessPunk28 1,506 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 2 minutes ago, PoetsTryinWrite said: Educate yourself on immunology before you compare a health worker to your disgusting president. Anyone who is against efforts to control the virus so the US/Canada border can reopen in a timely manner (at this point a year from now), a closing that has kept families apart for months, is no different than the Republicans who support separating families at the US/Mexico border. It's disturbing you only care about your microscopic life experiences and how it impacts you when millions are suffering. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PoetsTryinWrite 1,262 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 1 minute ago, KindnessPunk28 said: Anyone who is against efforts to control the virus so the US/Canada border can reopen in a timely manner (at this point a year from now), a closing that has kept families apart for months, is no different than the Republicans who support separating families at the US/Mexico border. It's disturbing you only care about your microscopic life experiences and how it impacts you when millions are suffering. Yeah, reverse psychology won’t work on me. What part of I am on the frontlines every day saving lives and witnessing the virus in real time are you failing to understand? Like I said, I can’t have a discussion with somebody who can’t think for themselves. Goodbye. Defend Your Humanity. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
KindnessPunk28 1,506 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 1 minute ago, PoetsTryinWrite said: What do you do for a living? I'm proud to be a high school teacher 1 minute ago, Webb7 said: It's fairly obvious that neither capitalism nor socialism work in 2020. However Scandinavia, Australia, Canada, New Zealand get it right, in MY opinion I know I will get a lot of hates from saying this that many aspects that affect the standard of living (healthcare, education, democracy, workers rights, distribution of income and wealth, climate and environmental protection, women's rights, LGBT rights, corruption, freedom of the press, violence, discrimination...), America is literally closer to a third world country than the top nations in the world.... It's not controversial to claim we are closer to a third world nation. In fact, many would agree with you Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PoetsTryinWrite 1,262 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 3 minutes ago, KindnessPunk28 said: I'm proud to be a high school teacher It's not controversial to claim we are closer to a third world nation. In fact, many would agree with you I feel sorry for your students. I’ll keep risking my life while you stay comfortably at home and laugh at me for it. Have a nice day. Defend Your Humanity. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Webb7 438 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 it will take years for us to be living in such normal life. Not a single pandemic so far ended within a year. 1918 Spanish Flu, 1957 Asian Flu, 1968 Hong Kong flu and 2009 Swine Flu all lasted for 2-3 years. We can settle it earlier but some people just being stupid and ignorant, ignoring all precautions and measures We’ll be living fairly cautiously for the rest of this year and probably part of next year too. Economically, there will be a big impact too that will be felt for several years to come. Normality in terms of not having to wear masks, not needing to social distance etc will return in 2021 for sure - when the treatments/vaccines arrive. With upcoming fall and winter which the virus in its strongest form we should prepare for the worst but hope for the best. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Franch Toast 27,817 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 1 hour ago, PoetsTryinWrite said: Underlining your statements doesn’t bring any more wisdom to it. You’d happily see every human right stripped from every sovereign citizen so long as you get your “freedom.” By the grace of God I’m not American. I am a sovereign person belonging to a sovereign nation. I do not have to wear a mask. I have been travelling on planes, trains, buses, from country to country with no mask and I test negative for this virus every week. Educate yourself on immunology before you compare a health worker to your disgusting president. How is wearing a mask stripping away someone's human rights? Also, if you work in healthcare, presumably you wear a mask for your work? Maybe you live in a place with low covid rates; I don't know. I happily was wearing masks back in February way before the CDC and WHO recommended them, not because I was following the orders of a "fascist government" but because I was looking at places like Taiwan that successfully contained the virus through mask wearing, and thus never had to close down anything (except their borders). I would rather see most of the population wear masks in public so that we can keep our economy open and have a low infection rate. At least in the US, places where there is no mask mandate are being much more hard-hit by covid. All of the immunologists and physicians whom I know advocate wearing masks outside of one's household. She/Her/Hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Modern Ecstasy2 2,202 Posted July 18, 2020 Share Posted July 18, 2020 BC is still doing well overall... roughly 20-25 new cases daily, but there have been a few recent incidents of much larger numbers. And we have a new outbreak in a nicu in a Vancouver hospital. The issue is people don’t wear masks on transit at all, when everyone should be. “Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink” Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.