💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Beyonce agree to collab with Gaga?

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

Do you think it was an intentional decision that Beyonce did not perform Telephone with Gaga?

It could have been scheduling or they were waiting for a BIG award show to do it but they never did...Gaga was promoting WW and had the MB tour 

Beyonce had Sasha Fierce album which also was huge so both seemed to have very busy schedules and the video in itself was cool and was enough at the time i guess 

However, I still would like to imagine one day they will but even at the Superbowl Gaga had 0 guests and Beyonce would have been a nice addition to Telephone but Gaga wanted it to be about her which I also understand completely lol

Both are very "big and epic" so idk...sharing a stage is tricky haha

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lavenderblondee
3 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Do you think it was an intentional decision that Beyonce did not perform Telephone with Gaga?

Eh, yes, but also you never know what is happening behind the scenes. I do think it's interesting it was such a BIG mv and song but never once was there a performance. 

HausOfAntonio
10 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

Reminds me of how Madonna frequently collaborates with younger artists. It introduces her to a new generation and increases her relevancy. 

Bey was at her peak relevancy though :shrug:

ignotus

She once said in an interview, out of all her contemporaries, that she saw Gaga as a rival during that period, clearly there was no rivalry between them but Gaga was so big at that point of time and she saw her talent and presence so i guess she thought it would be a good idea to collab with her. It was a if you can’t beat them, join them moment. :whitney: We got the iconic Telephone so i aint complainin

Delulu Rogers

The fame era was up and running and HUGE before they even recorded telephone so it’s not like gaga was a nobody exactly or a one hit wonder. Plus everybody in the business saw the potential in gaga and how big she was getting so bey probably knew to hop on that train when she had the chance to. It’s not like bey had some mystical power or was even that relevant back then to say she was super picky. 

Rat Boy
Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

Bey was at her peak relevancy though :shrug:

That's true but a collaboration like this gave her a boost - not that she needed it. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

3 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

“Beyonce is very picky and strategic and dont easily collab with other artists” gurl I- :billie:

OT: Beyoncé was a smart businesswoman sensible enough to know what Gaga would soon become. The biggest star on the planet 

What Gaga was doing at that time was very controversial, risky, and unpredictable. Beyonce doesnt seem like the person who would join that even if Gaga was the "it" girl

2 minutes ago, NinaBoninaBrown said:

By the time they recorded Video Phone, Gaga was already a force to be reckoned with. She had just had 2 #1s off of her debut album, and was being praised worldwide, Beyoncé knew it would smart to collaborate with Gaga before any other major popstar did. And about Telephone MV, when they recorded that, Gaga had already released Paparazzi and Bad Romance, so Beyoncé knew Gaga was not fooling around.

So Bad Romance was already out when Beyonce agreed to record Telephone? if thats true then it makes sense.

HoneyB
1 minute ago, Leoj305 said:

Beyoncé he a perfect persona before Sasha Fierce? I recall Beyoncé being a MPG during the B day days. 

Well yes, I would say B Day was when she was solidified as a mpg, but up until then she was never known for doing anything over the top yknow? She had amazing performances and music videos but none of them were similar to Telephone, it was quite a surprise to see her of all people on telephone.

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

1 hour ago, TimisaMonster said:

It could have been scheduling or they were waiting for a BIG award show to do it but they never did...Gaga was promoting WW and had the MB tour 

Beyonce had Sasha Fierce album which also was huge so both seemed to have very busy schedules and the video in itself was cool and was enough at the time i guess 

However, I still would like to imagine one day they will but even at the Superbowl Gaga had 0 guests and Beyonce would have been a nice addition to Telephone but Gaga wanted it to be about her which I also understand completely lol

Both are very "big and epic" so idk...sharing a stage is tricky haha

I remember Beyonce attending the Monster Ball watching Gaga perform Telephone by herself lol

HoneyB

Imagine if Gaga’s Coachella set wasn't cancelled due to COVID and we got a surprise performance of them together:fatcat:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

DavidLuis198

I don't have much to add to the conversation since I became a fan of both a little after those music videos came out (and it was the first time I got into Pop music)

Buuuuuuut, I'm to this day am kinda sad that Beyoncé didn't even gave Telephone a nod on her Coachella set :fatcat:

I don't know how to write in english

12 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

Reminds me of how Madonna frequently collaborates with younger artists. It introduces her to a new generation and increases her relevancy. 

Reminds me of how that doesn't work anymore for her

tenor.gif?itemid=4969108

NinaBoninaBrown
4 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

So Bad Romance was already out when Beyonce agreed to record Telephone? if thats true then it makes sense.

What I meant is that by the time they shot the music video for Telephone (which was recorded on Jan 27, 2010), the music videos for Paparazzi and Bad Romance were already out, so Beyoncé may have felt more comfortable trusting Gaga's vision, especially because Telephone is the continuation of Paparazzi.

Blastertoyo
14 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

In 2008/2009 during The Fame, Gaga was the “It” girl before turning into a bonafide  superstar with TFM. Even with just one album to her name. Billie Eilish is the current It girl and I wouldn’t be surprised if she brought on a huge name to collab with for her sophomore album too. Very few have that kind of power.

Ariana 

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

Archived