⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
society

EU opens borders to 15 countries including China

KanyeWest

The European Union Member States have finally approved a list of 15 countries, considered as safe due to their epidemiological situation related to the Coronavirus, after days of discussions and disagreements. *

Last Saturday, we reported that a draft list of 54 countries was being discussed by EU members. Later on, the EU narrowed down the list to 15 countries, and the same turned out to be final.

As of July 1, residents of Algeria, Australia, Canada, China*, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay, will be permitted to enter Europe SchengenVisaInfo.com reports.

However, travellers from these countries must first check with the EU country they wish to visit, as the Member States are permitted to exclude some of the countries from the list when it comes to who can enter their borders since the policy is not legally binding.

“There are now 14 (+1) countries on the Union list from which Member States can base their national list of safe countries. These are Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, Serbia, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia and Uruguay. China is also on the EU list, but only on the condition of reciprocal action by the Chinese authorities,” one of the Member States announces in a press release.

The ‘safe list’ will be reviewed every two weeks and adjusted depending on the latest Coronavirus developments in each country.

United Kingdom citizens, as well as their family members, are exempted from the temporary travel restriction, and they will be treated in the same way as European Union nationals until the end of the Brexit transition period, on December 31, 2020.

There has been a disagreement between EU countries on the criteria to use for this decision, with some maintaining that data about COVID rates are not reliable.

European Commission introduced its recommendation for the reopening of internal Schengen borders on June 15, so the citizens of European countries would be eligible to travel within the Schengen Zone freely, as they did before the Coronavirus outbreak.

The Commission also recommended that from July 1, the Member States should start permitting third-country nationals to enter the EU, if the COVID-19 situation permits such a step to be taken.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/confirmed-eu-marks-15-third-countries-as-safe-eu-members-not-obliged-to-open-borders-to-all/

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 2

Twitter

They MUST want a lot of people to die. :fail:

Stay safe guys and don’t travel.

American news and social networking service.
  • Like 3

Franch Toast

Why isn't Taiwan on the list? 

She/Her/Hers

brizoda
4 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I'm not sure, but maybe because China is in it

China always want to isolate Taiwan of world affairs

Edited by brizoda
  • Sad 1

Franch Toast
7 minutes ago, brizoda said:

I'm not sure, but maybe because China is in it

China always want to isolate Taiwan of world affairs

It's so stupid, because Taiwan is one of the safest places in the world right now with regards to the pandemic. 

She/Her/Hers

Rio

To China? Stupid EU......

Haven't they just discovered a potential flu pandemic?? Just, no...

• Thanks 3

brizoda
4 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

It's so stupid, because Taiwan is one of the safest places in the world right now with regards to the pandemic. 

I'm not defending China, I'm saying this is the way China acts  respect Taiwán in world affairs

Edited by brizoda
error
  • Like 1

POP2
55 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Probably to suck up to China tbh

Dramatica

#EuropeIsOverParty :vegas:

They are opening borders with China as we discover a new pandemic spreading from there :vegas:

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

TheAlexer
29 minutes ago, Dramatica said:

#EuropeIsOverParty :vegas:

They are opening borders with China as we discover a new pandemic spreading from there :vegas:

1 hour ago, Rio said:

To China? Stupid EU......

Haven't they just discovered a potential flu pandemic?? Just, no...

Ok both of you need to actually read an article about the newly discovered flu instead of just reading headlines:triggered:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

BadGurlMadge
12 minutes ago, TheAlexer said:

Ok both of you need to actually read an article about the newly discovered flu instead of just reading headlines:triggered:

It said that it could create another pandemic so what’s your point?

I guess Haroon is on top for last visited my profile again
  • Thanks 1

TheAlexer
5 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

It said that it could create another pandemic so what’s your point?

Yeah, it could.. In the future... If it mutates.. Which it hasn't yet...:saladga:

Of course they're cautious now and research the potential of other animal diseases being able to spread to humans but this "next disease" could come from anywhere. No reason to exclude China because of that

Stop going nuts over every news article that's trying to profit from peoples current fears:coffee:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1