💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

UMG lying about Gaga

Nino

Featured Posts

Pacify Him
1 minute ago, Harry X said:

It was shot on film, I don't know in what quality they scanned the footage though.

Ah, there it is :messga:

I’m getting on your nerves

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Admin
2 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

Cameras can shoot in HD. Even decades prior to Bad Romance. With a big production behind the making of Bad Romance, I doubt they'd use a lower budget camera.

I think it was shot on film and they never "converted" it to HD because they didn't need it at the time.

Haralampos
1 minute ago, Admin said:

I think it was shot on film and they never "converted" it to HD because they didn't need it at the time.

Exactly. Even in late 2009 the standards for music videos was interlaced SD masters.

Taide
2 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

How exactly? 

It has the same exact views it had 2 years ago despite being released in SBHTS week. :shrug:

RudraCNG
1 minute ago, Taide said:

It has the same exact views it had 2 years ago despite being released in SBHTS week. :shrug:

The GP don't know that video. She has never promoted John Wayne, it wasn't even a single. That video was a "gift" to the fans since she was about to put up on sale JWT tickets.

KatieJudasGaga4
5 minutes ago, Taide said:

Well, she didn't promote the video at all and it wasn't even a single.

Well they can't just uploaded an uncompressed 30GB video to Youtube. Sorry. They're not lying at all tbh

StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, Admin said:

I'm not sure this is true. I've heard Bad Romance was never recorded in HD.

Ma’am but LoveGame was? Make it all make sense (ooh woah ooh woah)

Hurem
52 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Ma’am but LoveGame was? Make it all make sense (ooh woah ooh woah)

That's cause Joseph Kahn filmed MVs for a looong time. Hell, we even have Stronger by Britney in HD. :rip: 

14 hours ago, Nino said:

It's a lie to the fans who have wanted the video in HD for a long time. If the video is in even higher quality on a random fan's hard drive, imagine how much better of a job they could have done with minimal effort. 

totally right ! where did you get the video from ?

monsterdino
16 hours ago, Nino said:

Just to be clear: Universal is LYING about their new uploads. Starting with LoveGame all her videos were shot with extremely high budgets, including high definition camera gear. There are higher quality versions of Bad Romance and the others that they've either lost or don't want to put the work into releasing. My copy of Bad Romance takes almost 3gb on my pc. That's 30x more data than the new youtube version. 

75a9ba0ba2.jpg

Moreover, if I'm not mistaken, everything but the special effects shots are in complete HD, in quality much beyond even this somewhere rotting on a decade old server. They didn't put the work into a proper remaster. They took the old youtube version and stretched/filtered it.

Lmfao we been knew...also Bad Romance final edit of it was exported to 480p so if we really want 1080p then they have to re-edit all the footages all over again

Akiki
16 hours ago, Nino said:

Just to be clear: Universal is LYING about their new uploads. Starting with LoveGame all her videos were shot with extremely high budgets, including high definition camera gear. There are higher quality versions of Bad Romance and the others that they've either lost or don't want to put the work into releasing. My copy of Bad Romance takes almost 3gb on my pc. That's 30x more data than the new youtube version. 

75a9ba0ba2.jpg

Moreover, if I'm not mistaken, everything but the special effects shots are in complete HD, in quality much beyond even this somewhere rotting on a decade old server. They didn't put the work into a proper remaster. They took the old youtube version and stretched/filtered it.

Special effects are always in HD. you have to make them that way so you can work on them without they ending up looking like a mess. You dont do animation SD to use on HD video. The higher the quality of the animation the better will look in the end. Specially when you habe to blend them with real footage. 

TEMPLE
4 hours ago, Rio said:

Well they can't just uploaded an uncompressed 30GB video to Youtube. Sorry. They're not lying at all tbh

They could, but Youtube will compress it all the same. But like it's been pointed out, Bad Romance was filmed on film and it film tape probably wasn't scanned through at HD due to the fact HD wasn't really the standard still.

MonsterofFame

You can't judge quality by the YouTube rip size because they do their own additional compression. YouTube's HD is pretty lousy at 1080p and 4K, especially compared to other platforms like Vimeo.

That being said, my first thought when seeing the Remasters is that it's simply an *upscale*. Definitely not true HD.

If Bad Romance and others were on film, then they could be re-released up to 4K. There's probably a decent cost with this, and to UMG Gaga's videos are just a few out of thousands.

GreenDiamond
12 hours ago, Taide said:

Constantly lowering the bar for all of us. I have yet to see as messy video as JW and the GP agrees. 

It is supposed to be pure camp and messy as grindhouse movies, maybe you don't like that approach and theme, but whole point of grindhouse cinema is to be ''messy''...

I mean, it's alright if you don't like, just wanna point out that it was core concpet :happy:

• Admin changed the title to UMG lying about Gaga

Archived