đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

DWUW charting WW

bloody g

Featured Posts

jojostanforlife

This is soooo messy, but also sorta funny how it has outpeaked some of the other girls brand new singles (no names :selena:).

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiamondAngel
1 hour ago, WorstBehavior said:

I can’t believe her team hasn’t deleted the song yet. This is freaking Lady Gaga. She has the power to take down a song in a second.

This is Apple, and they are far more powerful than any artist and they don't need to answer to anyone. Even Madonna had trouble rushing out Rebel Heart's pre order around Christmas one time because they hadn't planned to put it up, and Apple was giving her a hard time saying if they wanted to rush release she had to have it ready in a quick period of time (which is why Living for Love and Ghosttown had a couple production issues that they updated about a month later) or else she'd have to wait until January after Christmas. Her manager spoke in an interview about this. I'm sure Gaga has put in the request, but it may take 48 hours for it to be processed. There are lots of legalities here. 

Edit: not trying to single you out, just offering an explanation as I see a lot of monsters are annoyed that the single isn't gone yet. Gaga unfortunately doesn't have the immediate power to take things down/put things up at a moment's notice despite her star power. 

Anderson123

**** I should’ve bought the vinyl on December, it’s been removed from Amazon now. 

2School4Cool

Yikes, they need to remove that song fast, I just hate seeing money going in his pocket because of this.

See The Best In Everyone

CannaeDrive

Good, it just shows that promo works :ladyhaha:

Now buy the song.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Reginald

I'm glad to see that there are Gaga fans who want this piece of her history before it's gone forever, since there has been no announcement of a replacement version. Truthfully, I don't think she'll replace DWUW with a different version. I think she'll try to distance herself from this song completely. I can't believe it :messga: 

Pleeeeeeasse replace it with a different version :ohno: don't let it disappear, Stefani! 

AnglerfishbraBENUS
3 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

Ope - this might be some bad coverage. She should have released this statement AFTER she deleted the song.

I was thinking this too, but I'm just gonna guess her team is still looking into possibilities of maybe replacing the song ?

Or they just didn't expect it to basically go top 10 

StarstruckIllusion

Many are saying it takes 48 hours to delete the song and I- get ready for the upcoming mess about it taking too long for *** standards 

AJRocketMan

As someone who has "Do What U Want" as the most played song on his iTunes library, this move absolutely devastates me. DWUW is my absolute favorite song of all time. I fell in love with the song the moment she released it back in 2013, and I like it leaps more than "Applause" (which I like more now than I did back then). The song brings back a lot of great memories for me as it came out when I was about to turn 18 (a big deal here in the USA) and I had just moved to a new city and I was having a lot of new and exciting experiences—virtually every day felt like an adventure back then as I was unfamiliar with practically everything about my new environment and the song really represents the soundtrack that is my life. I want that song played at my funeral or memorial service when I die.

R. Kelly tainted the entire song, which is actually a marvelous work of art. The song itself (without R. Kelly) is about how the media, the industry, and the general public (which includes her haters, her critics, social conservatives, her contemporaries, and higher ups in the entertainment industry who dislike her) may mock the way she looks, the way she dresses, and the way she presents her music and herself to world—but she will never bend to them because she has the freedom to express herself through art and she demands respect. "You can't have my heart and, you won't use my mind but, do what you want with my body."

And listen to that incredible instrumental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUAdmMKOsro

Look at that beautiful, diverse, rich instrumental! So many wonderful layers of music mixed perfectly together. This is better than The M Machine! The arpeggios, the percussion, the rhythm, the crescendos, the melody, the beat, the baseline, the chord progressions. This is without a single doubt in my mind the most beautiful electronic song (and song in general) I have ever heard in my life! This is most high-profile example of Synthwave music making it into the mainstream. Even Alternative R&B. Just saying "synth-pop" and "R&B" doesn't cut it. It's more sonically complex than that. Even the songs that it inspired (like "Style", "True Disaster", "Jealous") don't hold a candle to the musicianship of this track. Just listening to the instrumental right now makes me feel emotional. Far more emotionally affecting than anything Lana Del Rey or any rock or alternative artist has ever done.

Let's not forget her vocals; so clear and crisp. The perfect blend between softness and forcefulness. She reached an F#5 in her chest voice here, which she hadn't done so in the upper fifth octave since freaking 2006! So vocally this was a huge step in improvement for her.

In addition to all of the points that I made above, I'm looking at the USA iTunes store chart and the song really stands out among all the songs it's charting with. Marshmello's Happier, Ariana's thank u, next, Benny Blanco's Eastside, Travis Scott's SICKO MODE, Ava Max's Sweet but Psycho, Cardi B's Money, Dean Lewis's Be Alright, Khalid's Better, Bazzi's Beautiful, Lana Del Rey's hope is a dangerous thing, Gaga's own Shallow, the list goes on and on; I like a few of the songs that I just named, but does she or anyone else have any idea how sonically unique and challenging this song is compared to these one-dimensional trap-rap, easy listening, folk pop, and bubblegum R&B songs that are being made and released these days? Popular music has regressed so much since 2013 (which I would argue was the best year of the 2010's for popular and underground music). This song stood out not only back then, but even now. She blended Synthwave and Alternative R&B for crying out loud! And she didn't even sing about love or relationships, which has always been ubiquitous in popular music. The musical and lyrical ambition of this song will always be one to admire. Hopefully one day, people will see what I do.

Smother Em Eh

Well I’m just glad I downloaded it and it’s on my phone + I have the CD too. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived