💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Why does BBC Radio 1 refuse to play Shallow?

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, keith ink said:

I dont think her age is whats keeping radio stations from playing shallow. Its the fact that shallow is a country song and that it sounds so didfferently from what their audience (teens) expects to hear from them. 

Sia is approaching 40 when radio spammed her hits a few years back. Whats your point?

Sia seemed new to the business and people didn't put two and two together that she was of that age, trust me Radio 1 are incredibly ageist and a woman who has a child or reaches a certain age is deemed no longer cool and therefore won't be played. 

River

Because BBC is racist, misogynist and ageist :vegas:

They are not playing Madonna, Kylie and Robbie Williams because of their age, they never supported the black singers in the UK and always trashed the local female pop stars.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Bolkins

It’s interesting because the majority of their DJs are over the age of 30 yet they deem an artist over that age as uncool :oprah:

Not the bore worms!

youandi

The people saying it's because it's not the right song for the demographic are wrong because they play alsorts of stuff that won't be popular with everyone. Yes there was the scandal with Madonna but I'm not sure if there was much truth to that and it's obvious that they can be very selective about what they play but I just can't get my head round why they won't play it when it's number 1. It makes me think they have to require it to be sent to radio or something but I'm not sure if that's a made up concept. 

I watched a doc about them, every week they have a board meeting with loads of people DJ’s music people etc and decide what they think we wanna hear. It was so cringe, loads of Middle Aged men being like ‘oh yeah we love stormzy’s new song that’s a banger let’s get it on A list’ 

Archived