Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Gaga as Ursula in The Little Mermaid!

California Gold

Featured Posts

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

I’m not gonna defend their choice of wording of “fat gay male” but there is no denying that Ursula was in fact inspired by the drag queen Divine (realized somebody already mentioned it :poot:)

main-qimg-3d3f22261b1629fa141a369d41e91e

And if given the opportunity Divine would’ve considered auditioning for the voice of the role if it were for their untimely death 

https://news.avclub.com/read-this-how-divine-inspired-ursula-the-sea-witch-1798243255

but as a Gaga fan I’m gonna support this role because she already proved that she has the capability as shown in A Star Is Born and its gonna be an uphill battle to defend against those who actually have valid criticisms of the fact that Ursula should be a plus-size/drag based actor

6 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

She won’t because Ursula is OFFICIALLY female. She WAS ONLY INSPIRED by drag queen but she is female and not a drag queen. Ugh.. 

You totally deleted the part where I said She was inspired by drag queen tho and said what I literally was saying all along... Fact is - Ursula was inspired by drag queen BUT she is female.. Any backlash would be too fake.. :huntyga:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scathach
16 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

This reply is disgusting. This role is perfect for her and she can do your art house movie after it. Now stop being bitter. Ursula is female and not a drag queen in the original so go off..

Ursula was based around a drag queen.

Regina George
Just now, Scathach said:

Ursula was based around a drag queen.

Ugh please read like 10 of my other replies where I said this exact thing. 

Borislshere
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I saw no one complaining about Ariel being black tho... Everyone was complaining about her acting (at least majority did).. Also no one said that you HAVE to be woman to play Ursula.. What everyone is saying is that Ursula as a character is actually female and not a drag queen but only inspired by one so the backlash would be completely uncalled for. :)

It's a movie about singing fish and mermaids. I don't care what person plays what, just make it a good film.

BUtterfield 8

I do wonder if Gaga accepts the role will she gain weight since Ursula is a plus size or will they keep her skinny 

Regina George
1 minute ago, Borislshere said:

It's a movie about singing fish and mermaids. I don't care what person plays what, just make it a good film.

Well those people are just tragic mess honestly who don’t deserve to be part of this community. 

Borislshere
3 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

I do wonder if Gaga accepts the role will she gain weight since Ursula is a plus size or will they keep her skinny 

latest?cb=20150926012325

but I could see them using prosthetics and I'd be fine with that.

skaxboy
17 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

I’m not gonna defend their choice of wording of “fat gay male” but there is no denying that Ursula was in fact inspired by the drag queen Divine (realized somebody already mentioned it :poot:)

main-qimg-3d3f22261b1629fa141a369d41e91e

And if given the opportunity Divine would’ve considered auditioning for the voice of the role if it were for their untimely death 

https://news.avclub.com/read-this-how-divine-inspired-ursula-the-sea-witch-1798243255

but as a Gaga fan I’m gonna support this role because she already proved that she has the capability as shown in A Star Is Born and its gonna be an uphill battle to defend against those who actually have valid criticisms of the fact that Ursula should be a plus-size/drag based actor

If it’s a drag queen, I’m all for it being Ronnie from RPDR Season 9. :stalkga:

I really have a hard time imagining Disney casting Divine for a voice role in the 80’s because Divine/John Waters’ movies are very far from family films. Those movies are vulgar and crude and I love them lol. Then again, Gilbert Gottfried voiced Iago and his stand up isn’t family friendly also  

I feel like most of this “it better be a man” or “better be a drag queen” comes from the Drag Race fans. The role of Edna Turnblad in Hairspray has traditionally always been a drag role but Ursula has usually been female from what I know. It would be amazing for a queen to be cast (Latrice or Ginger Minj) but something tells me they would cast RuPaul since she’s the only household name and any other queen is only popular among the RPDR fandom.

I’d love for it to be Gaga but something tells me it’ll be Queen Latifah since she’s done a good amount of film musicals. 

queen-latifah_1839650i.jpg

I think Disney is working on live action Snow White. Gaga as the Evil Queen would be amazing. 

55 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

As if they have to stay 100% true to the original CARTOON and cast someone who exactly looks like the cartoon character. God forbid someone reimagining characters. Ariel was white in the movie, now she is half black (if Zendaya plays her).. So what? Ugh..

I didn't even know Zendaya was playing the leading role :toofunny: I really should catch up with all these live actions. 

I mean all the versions have stayed somewhat true to the character's appearance. Ariel might be half black but she's still a skinny pretty young girl so it's recognizable. If Ursula was suddenly young and skinny too the backlash would be huge... 

I agree that a drag queen would be fantastic though 

Andy McQueen

I do hope the visual effects will be MINDBLOWING. It has to look real, no Uncanney Valley Effect. Like... believable underwater. Surreal and beautiful and dream-like, but believable and not a CGI mess. 

29 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

latest?cb=20150926012325

but I could see them using prosthetics and I'd be fine with that.

Idk if you have heard or watched Insatiable but the main character wears a fat suit for like 4 seconds in the trailer and they even signed a petition to get the show cancelled because of "fatphobia" before it was even released :saladga:

highlikegaga

you poor unfortunate souls (no pun lmao) don't realize the massive BACKLASH Gaga is going to get if she plays Ursula. I can already picture the headlines:

"Hollywood's fat-shaming"

"Casting a skinny woman for Ursula? Here are 4473242 perfectly good overweight actresses who'd be better than Gaga."

"When are overweight children going to see themselves in moves?"

"Here are 10 reasons why Gaga's fat suit is offensive."

Voicing a CGI Ursula? I'm fine. Acting as Ursula? I'm fine as well, but people will flip.

Archived