Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Why do many monsters hate dope?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Hey Boy

I actually really like it :staymad: It even used to be my fav from ARTPOP. Those raw emotions are beautiful for me 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

i just don't like it

plus i hate how have 12 tracks of pure hyped EDM bops and then we have 4 minutes of "i need you more than..... dopeeee" and then back to bopping 

mylifeiscrazy.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

lost in limbo

y'all are critizing her vocals when the vocals are the only ones able to fit the song

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

2 minutes ago, HausOfAmericano said:

y'all are critizing her vocals when the vocals are the only ones able to fit the song

Yeah, imagine her singing Dope  with The Cure voice... it would be funny 

Spoiler

I love both songs btw :giveup:

Lazlo

FGGrayson

1. Koons voice

2. I wanna be with you was superior

3. Doesnt fit with the soul of ARTPOP, Imagine all the songs being a drug, rush, energy, Dope feels like the depression that comes after lmao

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

lost in limbo
Just now, Ena said:

Yeah, imagine her singing Dope  with The Cure voice... it would be funny 

Hide contents

I love both songs btw :giveup:

you've just given me tonight's nightmare 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Chris Thomason

I really like it. I think its because people were expecting IWBWY on the album and didn't get it. I mean if she'd release a studio version of IWBWY that'd be great ;)

TimisaMonster

Sonically its a HUGE drag on the album and brings it to an awkward hault...Gaga said to play the whole album in a club...imagine Dope coming on after MJH...like... :awkney:

Lyrically...its a song some cant relate too as they dont have drug addiction issues...

Vocally...its VERY rough and raw, but not so pleasant to the ears

Performance...at YouTube Awards...was very uncomfortable as Gaga was WEEPING

Overall...a bonus track and could have been replaced by Brooklyn Nights or another ACT II song and nicely transitioned into Gypsy

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Miley

I listen to it, wouldn't say I necessarily love it but it's listenable at some point.

I hate the production the most, and the song is being overdramatic at the beginning until the end (vocal and production vise), nothing exciting happens during the song/no build up or anything. I wanna be with u was a lot better, it sounded beautiful and the BTWB-reference was cute.

Reality
56 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I don't like either song so I have no bias, but imo IWBWY sounds like the more emotionally authentic song and Dope seemed like this fake anti-drug message nonsense that she whipped up real quick to put on the album because the label didn't like IWBWY.

I'd argue that IWBWY sounds more like an "emotionally authentic song" because its message is more universal. Unless you've personally experienced heartbreak and pain with drugs, or unless you know someone who has, it's a difficult song to relate to. IWBWY is about loving someone and wanting to be with someone, and in that sense, it's much more universally applicable.  

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Mikolaj
44 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i hate how have 12 tracks of pure hyped EDM bops and then we have 4 minutes of "i need you more than..... dopeeee" and then back to bopping 

this

I think the lyrics are great but that's it. The production is poor (that bass is terrible), and the melody is not outstanding.

1 hour ago, Inferno said:

I really hate that vocal affectation she puts on in songs like Dope, Till It Happens to You and Your Song.

I don't like it. I don't get why she keeps doing it. Her voice is so forceful throughout the entirety of all of them and theres nothing pretty or delicate or even particularly emotional about any of them because shes just staying in that blasted voice the whole time. Im just not about it. I prefer her voice on songs like You and I and Speechless. And to be quite honest since this is all opinion anyway, I think it instantly ages a track when she sings that way and voids any semblance of "cool" it could have. Its too much. Like the instrumental for Dope is kind of cool with the piano and those minimal pulsing electronics coming in underneath, but her vocals are so ugly I can't even bother to listen. And imo some of the tracks off Joanne would have been slightly better had she sung them without said affectation (Come to Mama, Just Another Day, Diamond Heart, etc).

tbh if she ever heard me say this it would probably just make her want to do it even more lol

I agree with everything you said but I think it works for "Dope". But yeah I wish she would soften if up sometimes. (Eg why did she start so hard on TIHTY)

Archived