💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Problems with Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

PI production is just :awkney: but I still enjoy it. It really had to grow me on tho. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
corvus albus
8 hours ago, Bloodyjack said:

I know you're entitled to your opinion but perfect illusion actually has really well thought out lyrics in my opinion up there with so happy. When you consider all the mess that happened before perfect illusions release like the 4 year break, The failing act II etc the lyrics actually make sense and this is also probably the reason for the fast/angry beat 

The song is production wise a mess. Lyricly it's actually very tight. My biggest problem what probably cages my thoughts about this song is that it pales in comparison to any other lead single Gaga has released. It just felt like a massive disappointment after such a long hiatus. So this song get's knocked down even further that it deserves on my list. I'm not one of the people saying this is the worst song of Joanne, far from it actually but i can't completely ignore its flaws. I apprecitate the existance of the song, i like it too but this is not the kind of music i really listen to. With this thread i just tried to express my problems to make it more clear for people who are wondering why i don't like these songs as much as alot of LM's.

ToxicHot

How is Poker Face messier than Perfect Illusion...... I- 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

gagaohlala

But someone explain to me how Perfect Illusion is messy ? Different from other Gaga's lead ok, but messy ??? It's a banger, how it's supposed to be.

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

HairBow

Million Reasons is in my top 3 favorite Gaga songs ever.  I love that Gaga performed the hell out of it; I think that the song deserved it.  And I adore the live performances of it just as much as the studio version (the way the studio version ends is just ... Perfect.)

I like Perfect Illusion a lot more than when it first came out.  I never disliked it, but "it wasn't love" on first listen. Now it's definitely a bop for me.  However, I totally get why it didn't go over with the general audience, and I get why there are plenty of people who still don't like it.  The song starts off big, and it keeps building up to get bigger and bigger. The song does not breathe whatsoever, haha.

And I think that The Needle Drop/Anthony Fantano described Perfect Illusion well:  That the lyrics are pretty cheesy, but Gaga just sings her heart out. For me personally, Perfect Illusion is 100% definitely the weakest song on Joanne (lyrically).

Archived