πŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT πŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Problems with Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

DonnieDarko
1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

Yesterday i started a thread of the best 25 Gaga songs and many people complained that Million Reasons and Perfect Ilusion weren't there so i figured i should tell you :D

Million Reasons:

A soft ballad is not wrong in any sense. I don't even hate or dislike the song it's just ... the live performances and the Andrelli Remix are both better than the album version :laughga:. The songs lacks any real power, something the live performances and the remix have. Especially in the last third of the performances Gaga sings with all her strenght to give the song the rawest emotion that exist on this earth and the album version just sounds boring compared to it. It's like Gaga knows that the album version could've been better but she want's this to be a rare experience so she made lackluster album version of a song which could've been much better if she wanted to.

Perfect Illusion:

This songs, musicly speaking, is a ****ing mess. I'm usually ok with this kind of songs. Poker Face, which is arguably even messier, is one of my favority songs of Gaga. So why is Perfect Illusion not as high as Poker Face?. First: Poker Face has better lyrics. Second: Perfect Illusion doesn't take a ****ing break to relax for even a little while it sounds your always on cocaine or throwing a massive tantrum hence Million Reasons is a better song because there Gaga realises that you shouldn't be angry but passiv aggressively guilt tripping this asshole. Third: Perfect Illusion failed because of the high expactations a Gaga single has and so the song is even lower on my list than it deserves.

Be nice and gentle down there :selena:

Imagine saying this bout MR and PI. Like, wyd.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
corvus albus
1 minute ago, DonnieDarko said:

Imagine saying this bout MR and PI. Like, wyd.

I tried to be as nice and respectful to the songs as i can but sometimes you have to criticise even you absolute fave.

GagaUnderYou

When Gaga releases her next album, all the songs on Joanne will be glorified. That's how it always works.Β 

corvus albus
Just now, GagaUnderYou said:

When Gaga releases her next album, all the songs on Joanne will be glorified. That's how it always works.Β 

Eh i usually stay with my opinions :sweat:

Doncho

I feel sorry for you. Million Reasons remains one of Gaga s best songs EVER. I said that ever since the first time I heard it. Its her best ballad.

I respect your opinion though

Babel

while it sounds your always on cocaine or throwing a massive tantrum

that's the whole point of the song and why it's so good :triggered:Β it's a big **** you to that person that made you believe something that wasn't real

LMSince2008

Here we go! Another little managers detected. I mean, I can see that there will always be little monsters who will complain and whine about on what Gaga creates. Why not just appreciate the music itself? Whether how imperfectly perfect every Gaga's songs. Those were and will always be pieces of arts.Β 

#2018radioisours

EGOT2027

Okay I agree with you about PI, but MR is a GP-friendly masterpiece. I agree that the album version could’ve packed some more power, but it’s still great nonetheless.Β 

corvus albus
33 minutes ago, LMSince2008 said:

Here we go! Another little managers detected. I mean, I can see that there will always be little monsters who will complain and whine about on what Gaga creates. Why not just appreciate the music itself? Whether how imperfectly perfect every Gaga's songs. Those were and will always be pieces of arts.Β 

26fvb7.gif

**** off! In my point of view i stated valid criticisms.

If you want me to gush over Gaga songs that most LM underappreciate just ask for my opinion on Telephone and The Cure

That's a great point about Million Reasons. It's one of my favourite Gaga songs ever, but only the live version. The studio version is extremely lifeless and dull, and it's an interesting theory that she may have regretted making it so lifeless near the end.Β The way she sings it live >>>>>>

corvus albus
11 minutes ago, Jessica Germ said:

Why are y'all coming for good sis PI?Β :triggered:Β 

Perfect Illusion was supposed to give us a sneak peak into Joanne but perished in comparison to every other lead single Gaga ever released and it wasn't even a first impression of Joanne! Perfect Illusion does not fit into the sound of Joanne (it fits however thematicelly). I already elaborated on my problems with the production of the song in my original post and the following comments.

That doesn't mean i don't like PI or MR they just get diminished by a lot of Gaga songs so they land in an awkward spot between the absolute best and songs you skip when you listen to the album.

Joanne is with TFM the only album i were i would say that no song should get kicked of the album they all deserve to be open for the public to listen to them.

Doncho
4 minutes ago, DarkGa said:

That's a great point about Million Reasons. It's one of my favourite Gaga songs ever, but only the live version. The studio version is extremely lifeless and dull, and it's an interesting theory that she may have regretted making it so lifeless near the end.Β The way she sings it live >>>>>>

:oprah:

I disagree with this. I think the emotion is perfect on the studio version. Joanne the song on the other hand, now THAT is a lifeless rendition. The Joanne piano version did the song justice.

Archived