Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Problems with Million Reasons and Perfect Illusion

corvus albus

Featured Posts

corvus albus
1 minute ago, McMonster08 said:

My problem with those two songs is their videos:trollga:

Million Reasons yes, Perfect Illusion: no. The videos fit perfectly with their songs which is the core problem of Million Reasons

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

Just because you don't like them doesn't make them bad. I used to feel the same way about Perfect Illusion. But then I came to understand it and know how to listen to it. It's a masterpiece of a song. It's a great rage song to release emotion after a break up.

The lyrics aren't bad at all compared to other songs. I do think it's a bit screechy and that's what made me dislike it at first but you have to learn how to listen to it. If you start focusing more on the background music and backing vocals and tune out Gaga's loud voice it makes you listen to it in a whole new way and find a new appreciation for it. 

This song sounds like an in your face loud song but it has layers. It's just so good. Now when I hear it I notice the dreamy ethereal quality that lies underneath and that's what stands out to me more than the loud voice. I think Mark Ronson made a big mistake with this track because I feel the volume is all over the place on this one. 

But I just love this song so much. It's replaced Bad Romance as my favourite. 

corvus albus
1 minute ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

you are so wrong about MR.

i can apprecitate the live performances of Millions Reasons way more thanks to the album version. So it has at least one positive

corvus albus
2 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

Just because you don't like them doesn't make them bad.

I already said that these are my problems with the songs. It's in the goddamn titel of the thread

Glamourpuss
3 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

I already said that these are my problems with the songs. It's in the goddamn titel of the thread

I meant cos you made a list of the top 25 as though your opinion is the only valid one. Sorry if I'm mistaken but it's the vibe that came off. But way to go with being triggered and responding to that part of my message and completely ignoring the rest. :hor:

ArtGagaPop
47 minutes ago, The Bling said:

sIPWu6E.gif

Btw Perfect Illusion deserves love not hate :neyde:

god i love your gifs :air:
Edit: i just noticed the Joanne hat :rip:

corvus albus
1 minute ago, PussyGlam said:

But way to go with being triggered and responding to that part of my message and completely ignoring the rest. :hor:

Here we go:

I went with Poker Face as comparison to Perfect Illusion because they both have messy production. Then i compared the lyricism of the two and Poker Face came out on top like i said in my original post.

As for the layers you were talking about: if i have to dissect the music of a song to hear what's good in it you failed as a producer. If the song parts separately sound good but not together you failed as a producer. kapische?

FRANK1991

I totally agree with Million Reasons

the live performances are sooooooooooooooo much better

compare to that the studio version is so blend, she is just too good live :tony: (heck, most of ARTPOP sounds better live tbh)

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

corvus albus
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Just say "I have bad taste" it bring it to the same conclusion

I criticised the songs you don't offer any argument why my opinion is wrong. Please deliver arguuments before you attack me :trollga:

Glamourpuss
9 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Here we go:

I went with Poker Face as comparison to Perfect Illusion because they both have messy production. Then i compared the lyricism of the two and Poker Face came out on top like i said in my original post.

As for the layers you were talking about: if i have to dissect the music of a song to hear what's good in it you failed as a producer. If the song parts separately sound good but not together you failed as a producer. kapische?

I agree with you. I said that I feel Mark Ronson made a mistake. He ruined the song by not making it clear from the get go. Sorry, I should have elaborated more on that. Yes, he failed the song. 

But the song really is so good if you listen to it the way I suggested. I want you to love it the way that I do because you're missing out. 

But I do agree with your opinion of Million Reasons. 

corvus albus
1 minute ago, PussyGlam said:

But the song really is so good if you listen to it the way I suggested.

I'm sorry but i can't overlook the glaring issues in the production area :giveup:

Reality

I definitely disagree with you when it comes to both of the songs. First, starting with "Million Reasons," while I do agree that some of the live versions of the song are better, the Andrelli Remix is tragic. I honestly don't understand why some people like it so much. In my opinion, it sort of devalues the song. It loses all its emotion which is sort of counterintuitive to what you want because you said that you liked her live performances because of the emotion that they show. But to touch back on her live performances, that could be said about most of her songs, to be honest. The live versions are usually better, in some regards, because of her ad libs and the fact that she switches things up. 

Next, talking about "Perfect Illusion," I feel like that song is severely underrated. It's honestly probably one of her best songs and it's a shame that it isn't recognized as such. The fact that you think that it's "messy" is precisely what they want you to think. The song isn't supposed to be super polished and pristine. The song is filled with anger and frustration, and that is translated in the music. There aren't supposed to be any breaks and moments of relaxation. It's a song of pure adrenaline, and it's perfect the way it is. 

🃏🖤👹

corvus albus
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I definitely disagree with you when it comes to both of the songs. First, starting with "Million Reasons," while I do agree that some of the live versions of the song are better, the Andrelli Remix is tragic. I honestly don't understand why some people like it so much. In my opinion, it sort of devalues the song. It loses all its emotion which is sort of counterintuitive to what you want because you said that you liked her live performances because of the emotion that they show. But to touch back on her live performances, that could be said about most of her songs, to be honest. The live versions are usually better, in some regards, because of her ad libs and the fact that she switches things up. 

Next, talking about "Perfect Illusion," I feel like that song is severely underrated. It's honestly probably one of her best songs and it's a shame that it isn't recognized as such. The fact that you think that it's "messy" is precisely what they want you to think. The song isn't supposed to be super polished and pristine. The song is filled with anger and frustration, and that is translated in the music. There aren't supposed to be any breaks and moments of relaxation. It's a song of pure adrenaline, and it's perfect the way it is. 

Thanks a lot! I wanted to test a gif which i made just for assholes and you had to make such a well thought out and reasonable response to my arguments:wtfga:. How dare you!

Archived