Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 needs to be DARK

edgy

Featured Posts

KingRedd

I hope LG6 is something new for Gaga. The Gp and myself love growth and it wouldn’t serve any purpose to go from Joanne to Dark witch hunt satanic Visuals haha. I assume it will sound unique. If I had to guess, I’d say it’ll sound like her interludes at the JWT- that would be fire, a mix of Pop and R&B would kill. 

Do what you want 2.0

May I Read You? 😎

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SCHEISSEMONTRE

I would love it to be.....but Gaga just got the GP to like her again with Joanne. I see her doing a little bit of it, but I see her doing something like The Fame x ARTPOP. 

Mychal

vinster13
1 hour ago, derpmonster said:

Can this fanbase define dark? :triggered:

TF: light

TFM: dark

BTW: dark

AP: neutral

J: light

47 minutes ago, seXXX dreams said:

TF: neutral

TFM: dark

BTW: contrast

AP: neon

J: light

fixedT

1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

needs is a strong word

from a business perspective, she "needs" to fix her streaming and youtube numbers because they are way below par for someone on her talent and level which means their next move has to resonate well with the GP

i wouldn't be surprised or upset if LG6 isn't a dark, deep concept. infact i think a light and happy and fun (aka another The Fame) would work out wonderfully

most of her career and albums have a dark side to them and i think a lighter and colourful record will shake things up nicely

Well, I also tagged it as an opinion so really, I need it. :selena:

I don't know, while a light and colorful record would be cute, I feel like Gaga's lost her edge and became basic. Like she became somebody that her younger self would never imagine herself becoming.

I guess that's the nature of growing up and maturing as a person and an artist, but I wonder if she's lost the theatricality that she snatched the game with in the late 2000's/early 2010's.

2 hours ago, darkness said:

Also Dark pop is not really GP friendly

Kendrick Lamar and The Weeknd says hi. :selena:

2 hours ago, darkness said:

Gaga tried so hard to improve her image with Joanne, she won't "destroy" it again by making dark videos. 

But her making dark videos was how she got to where she is now in her career in the first place?

vinster13
11 minutes ago, Enigma said:

fixedT

ok but gaga said the tf and TFM are a ting and yang concept so if TFM is dark the fame is light 

8 minutes ago, seXXX dreams said:

ok but gaga said the tf and TFM are a ting and yang concept so if TFM is dark the fame is light 

Well it’s more positive, upbeat and optimistic than TFM but it’s not what I would call « light ». The artwork is mostly black, and it’s all about nightlife, Poker Face MV is mysterious and « dark » just not as much as TFM. 

The message conveyed is light but the visuals are neither especially light nor especially dark.

LateToCult

Bish LG6 needs to be good. An album that doesn’t have fans wanting the next one a week into the new era. :deadbanana:

I love Kimbra and I’m hyped for this new album of hers but “Top Of The World” can fall off a mountain peak into a pit :gaycat:

RochestrMonstr
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

Bish LG6 needs to be good. An album that doesn’t have fans wanting the next one a week into the new era. :deadbanana:

There will always be fans who feel that way, regardless of how a new album sounds. 

I’ve been wanting something dark since ARTPOP but I’m here for anything as long as its good music and chart worthy. :nails: 

2 hours ago, LateToCult said:

How plenty fans felt about Joanne. :giggle:

monketsharona
12 hours ago, darkness said:

Also Dark pop is not really GP friendly and Gaga tried so hard to improve her image with Joanne, she won't "destroy" it again by making dark videos. 

It's funny because her 'dark' videos were the ones getting the most views while her stripped back videos during Joanne had horrible views and never managed to interest people... 

I'm not especially here for getting crazy videos like she used to do but something a lot more appealing and fun to watch. I mean the Joanne videos never had that 'press play again' power. I'm pretty sure it will be forgotten very soon.

I don't think it will be hard for Lady Gaga to top the videos she released the last few years so I'm very hopeful for the visual of next era.

Archived