Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Bad Grammar In Gaga's Songs

Enzo

Featured Posts

Infinity Wave
11 hours ago, Enzo said:

What's the error here?

I think there is a double negation and the verb is wrong, like, it should be "there AREN'T ANY reasons you ..."

But maybe I'm wrong :poot:

Colourful

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig

It's called using her artistic license.

When creating poetry or lyrics an artist will often purposely change grammar to sound better and fit the poem or song.

Like wordplay. It's a creative choice.

I'll be myself until they fĹŤcking close the coffin.

Yemeni Feed
12 hours ago, Yumeko said:

I wouldn't say say that the booklet is too reliable

I would have not been released without her approval. :triggered:

Instagram.com/1.mxe

RAMROD

No biggie for me, I can still make the point across :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

nath4gaga

You and I tho... She uses me when she shouldn't and also I when she shouldn't. If you're wondering what the correct grammar is, take out y the "you and" and see if it sounds right. "me could write a bad romance" "something about I" 

derpmonster
13 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Can we trust Gaga’s booklets tho?  They’ve been wrong before 

:poot: 

Actually.

Can we talk about how the real lyric is "One second I'm a KUNST" :ladyhaha: They finally showed that lyric (the RIGHT one) at Coachella Weekend 1 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
13 hours ago, Enzo said:

What's the error here?

This is a double negative so it means "Our sex tells us lies."

What she's probably trying to say is, "Our sex doesn't tell us lies," or, "Our sex tells us no lies."

:derpga:

Sneaky Oliver
6 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Actually.

Can we talk about how the real lyric is "One second I'm a KUNST" :ladyhaha: They finally showed that lyric (the RIGHT one) at Coachella Weekend 1 

I always think she didn’t want to show Koons for some reason so she was smart as fck to find the word Kunst 

:lolga:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Oriane
7 minutes ago, nath4gaga said:

You and I tho... She uses me when she shouldn't and also I when she shouldn't. If you're wondering what the correct grammar is, take out y the "you and" and see if it sounds right. "me could write a bad romance" "something about I" 

I found out only a few months ago that "you and me could write a bad romance" was bad grammar. Taking out one of the pronouns to see if it's right doesn't always work.
For example in French the correct grammar would be "you and me could write a bad romance" but also "I could write a bad romance". And you can never say "you and I", always "you and me".

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Oriane
14 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Actually.

It's Koons, that video from Coachella looked like some karaoke video found on Youtube or something.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ladygaga/images/2/2a/ARTPOP_Booklet_113.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1024?cb=20131107200910

derpmonster
5 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I always think she didn’t want to show Koons for some reason so she was smart as fck to find the word Kunst 

:lolga:

No, I think the decision to use Koons for official purposes was because he was such a big part of ARTPOP's design and promotion. I'm pretty sure she originally wrote it as "kunst" because that makes much more sense and is a Warholian idea of art embodying life and life embodying art.

1 minute ago, Oriane said:

It's Koons, that video from Coachella looked like some karaoke video found on Youtube or something.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ladygaga/images/2/2a/ARTPOP_Booklet_113.png/revision/latest?cb=20131107200910

This is literally a discussion about why the booklets aren't reliable. :laughga:

It wasn't a random YouTube video. In Week 2, they changed it back to Koons within the same video, no other changes. Because people noticed and made a big deal of it here? lol

gonococcal
14 hours ago, Aleks said:

Your life is a lie sis :poot:

digital-booklet-artpop-3-1024.jpg?cb=138

OMG it's been 4+ years 
I'm really a flop fan 
crying:laughga::icega:

nath4gaga
22 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I found out only a few months ago that "you and me could write a bad romance" was bad grammar. Taking out one of the pronouns to see if it's right doesn't always work.
For example in French the correct grammar would be "you and me could write a bad romance" but also "I could write a bad romance". And you can never say "you and I", always "you and me".

I'm talking about in English 

15 hours ago, TeenIdle said:

Worst grammar ever...

Ich schleiban austa be clair, es kumpent ßske monstère,
Aus-be aus-can-be flaugen, fräulein uske-be clair

German here, it's actually correct. :trollga:

Oriane
43 minutes ago, nath4gaga said:

I'm talking about in English 

Yes but I'm sure there are examples like this in English. You say that you can easily check if "you and me could write a bad romance" is correct just by taking out the "you". But it doesn't work in every language, proving that it's not a good method, as there are probably other examples like this in English. 

Archived