💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga will ever have a WW hit again?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
1 hour ago, Censored said:

seethe. :laughga:

change your attitude :awkney: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

hausofbrice
5 hours ago, Quark said:

I am saying it's unlikely not because I think Gaga can't make a hit anymore, because she easily can. But because she gravitates towards weird unique concepts and sounds that are not always trendy. She is very fearless with her ideas and she's not afraid of flopping. I personally like this about her but it makes it hard to have hits.

yeah she's not afraid to just be out of the box and do her own thing

and typically the GP isn't here for someone being creative

i mean look at the top songs nowadays, they're not self-written and they all sound the same

xoxo, brice ♡

3 hours ago, ryanripley said:

change your attitude :awkney: 

I answered the topic's question. Your temper is what needs changing, but I guess you'll get past puberty at some point. :laughga: :bye:

it wasn't laaaahv

giskardsb
4 hours ago, Censored said:

her being far less successful = world's lack of good taste in pop music. ok :shrug: I disagree with TFM and BTW being "crap" 

they weren't crap.  Let me re-phrase... pop music, worldwide and in the US, is generally crap, mass-produced junk intended to appeal the the lowest common denominator with very little artistic integrity.  Once in a while, good songs inexplicably manage to break through and become successful anyway.

I have no desire for Gaga to pander to commercial radio.  If she manages to produce something that resonates, then great.  But she should worry about her own artistic intent first.

She said as much at the show last night.  Something like "I couldn't have written a different record than Joanne last time.  If you don't follow your instincts to produce the work that you are drawn to produce, then you are not an artist.  Simple as that."

Thomas P

Honestly.........no :selena:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

bpmMonkey

Don’t really think so, but I’m really ok with it tbh. It’s gonna be great no matter what she does next :lolly:

pedrohemg

The question is, does she want that? If the answer is yes, her next album must be totally different from ARTPOP and Joanne. Also, her label needs to stop making bad choices like choosing PI to be the lead single of an album that had a marvelous song called MR.

Laceface

It depends if she wants it. It kinda seems like she's over the whole promotion thing and prefers to just put out music for fans. I think if she's really feeling a song she'll go the extra mile like with MR in comparison to PI. 

Yea. PI flopped because it's  a loud mess that she didn't promote at all.

MR did pretty well. And TC did well considering  it had no video or promo or any kind of mention.

ALot of Joanne is radio friendly too, she just picked the worst lead.

BYE

Madonna did it, Cher did it, Britney did it, like... A new star like Dua Lipa can have a WW-hit, a icon can have a WW-hit. Everybody can have it, but not many will achieve it. 

19 minutes ago, Phlop said:

Yea. PI flopped because it's  a loud mess that she didn't promote at all.

MR did pretty well. And TC did well considering  it had no video or promo or any kind of mention.

ALot of Joanne is radio friendly too, she just picked the worst lead.

I agree 100%. Not gonna lie, I was disappointed when I first heard PI. Glad it wasn't representative of the entire album. There were definitely much better songs she could have gone with on the album for a lead. 

26 minutes ago, SDG91 said:

I agree 100%. Not gonna lie, I was disappointed when I first heard PI. Glad it wasn't representative of the entire album. There were definitely much better songs she could have gone with on the album for a lead. 

Exactly. And even though PI was a terrible choice, it still went top 40 on radio. So it's not like radio hosts are blacklisting Gaga. She could've made it a reasonable hit.

She literally just needs promo, get on Spotify playlists, and good music videos. 

BYE

1 hour ago, giskardsb said:

they weren't crap.  Let me re-phrase... pop music, worldwide and in the US, is generally crap, mass-produced junk intended to appeal the the lowest common denominator with very little artistic integrity.  Once in a while, good songs inexplicably manage to break through and become successful anyway.

I have no desire for Gaga to pander to commercial radio.  If she manages to produce something that resonates, then great.  But she should worry about her own artistic intent first.

She said as much at the show last night.  Something like "I couldn't have written a different record than Joanne last time.  If you don't follow your instincts to produce the work that you are drawn to produce, then you are not an artist.  Simple as that." 

Okay.

That's over-generalizing. It doesn't happen only in pop, but in all other genres too. And it has happened before all the time. That didn't stop her from being successful, and she didn't have to pander to anyone or anything to get there.

In other words, she's saying she made this album cause she felt like making it. Good for her. That's why she made her previous albums too, and she didn't pander to anyone through them. Yet the last two underperformed compared to TF, TFM and BTW in multiple ways.

Common criticism about ARTPOP was it being unoriginal, messy and unpolished. It clearly catered (or rather tried and failed miserably) to the EDM scene. Then you have Joanne, where she decided to go pop-country, put a hat on and call it a day. (Where was it even recorded, Nashville?)

0xLKW.gif

What's original about Joanne again? Pop-country was and is overdone, it's not like she invented it, like she did the gays. Critics found it unoriginal too.  And then the videos, that look like some local TV station shot them. (And I guess, let's pretend that she didn't go the pop-country route to cater to her American audience. 😉)

How about instead of going with a borderline elitist attitude about Gaga doing no wrong, while dragging down other artists because "generic" (whatever that means to you), we just accept that her career stagnated, the quality of music and videos went down and that she literally gives zero ****s about it? Her sales, views, critics' views on AP/Joanne and otherwise reflect that too. Or at the very least, recognize the distinction between being a fan of her music, and a fan of her.

Still, your point and what I wrote above are pretty irrelevant to this topic. The topic is about whether she can achieve a #1 again. To which I replied that she won't be getting anytime soon if her next release is anything like her latest two. The topic isn't about justifying why it's okay if she doesn't achieve a #1, which you, for some reason, tried to do. 

it wasn't laaaahv

Archived