Jump to content
politics

Texas bans abortion after 13 weeks, even in cases of RAPE


manicholic

Featured Posts

Whispering
7 hours ago, Delusional Aura said:

I see nothing wrong with this. You have a  13 week window to get an abortion. That's more than enough time. HOWEVER.....in cases of rape scenarios, the victims should have special provisions provided...they should not be forced to keep it (this wasn't their fault. Other than that, if you have consesual sex then be responsible for your actions.) 

Oftentimes, abortions after 13 weeks are done for medical reasons- either the mother is in danger or the fetus has some type of serious birth defect. Can you imagine making women have burials in these situations? These women want to be pregnant, they want to have their children...instead they are having to abort them and then being forced to buy a burial plot and casket. What's the purpose of this? To make them feel worse?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Delusional Aura
48 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Oftentimes, abortions after 13 weeks are done for medical reasons- either the mother is in danger or the fetus has some type of serious birth defect. Can you imagine making women have burials in these situations? These women want to be pregnant, they want to have their children...instead they are having to abort them and then being forced to buy a burial plot and casket. What's the purpose of this? To make them feel worse?

You are right and I completely agree, but morally it's in my opinion the better thing to do. It hurts, yes but people deal with so much more pain in the world. I guess it's these lawmakers way of humanizing the fetus and actually making people realize it's a baby long after that 13 week period has passed. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. This topic is also a very sensitive topic so I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intention. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whispering
1 minute ago, Delusional Aura said:

You are right and I completely agree, but morally it's in my opinion the better thing to do. It hurts, yes but people deal with so much more pain in the world. I guess it's these lawmakers way of humanizing the fetus and actually making people realize it's a baby long after that 13 week period has passed. 

What's better to do? Buy a plot and casket and bury the fetus? Then, if you ever are in this situation...that's exactly what you should do. You shoukd do what matches up with your morals. 

Lawmakers don't need to "make these women realize it's their baby". They already know that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

venusfly

I mean that's 3 months, I'm not too sure if I agree with waiting 3 entire months before abortion if I'm honest :sweat:

I think at that point you should be given a special mandate if you or the baby are in danger or something exceptional has caused you to miss that window but in any other case this doesn't sound that bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ItsTommyBitch

Sorry if I'm belligerent, this is upsetting and people trying to find some kind of nice middle ground bothers me. This isn't an acceptable defeat, there shouldn't be any limitations on women's rights to their own bodies in my opinion, certainly not after the first trimester. There are still certain tests you can even have in the second trimester that are important too :saladga: 

And honestly get out of here with that "They should've done it by then :shrug:" bullshit. Some of ya'll clearly don't know how hard it can already be to get an abortion because of the other barriers in place in our legal system. Especially in certain states. It's not "let me think on it for a week" then u just make an appointment at your local clinic/hospital and poof its over :rip: Most women don't know immediately too. I don't think there's any sort of statistic on an average time, but many women don't know until after the 3rd or 4th week confidently, and I've known women to not know they are pregnant until after 6 weeks sometimes, and I've heard of people that have honestly not known until around even the 12th week before too. Even then.. Life is constantly changing. Many women get pregnant, and don't make an immediate decision about keeping or not keeping it, and some can change their minds throughout the pregnancy. Maybe they can't afford it any more because they got laid off or their spouse did, and they dont have enough saved, or they just don't want a baby. The important part though is that they have a choice and this ban limits that choice.

Perhaps if we didn't live in a country where Republicans are constantly trying to de facto criminalize Abortion, laws like this wouldn't be "as" big a deal in regards to time limits, but we do.
 

Spoiler

 

To be completely real though, its actually arbitrary whether or not you have an abortion on the 1st week or the 36th week, you've still had an abortion. Fetuses =/= People. Fetuses =/= Babies, I'm not sorry if that sounds "immoral" or whatever :madge: All this will do is force some women to carry babies to term they do not want to.


 

 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
Link to post
Share on other sites

StJames

What's even more terrifying is those women seeking an abortion after that period (for whatever reason) will do so illegally using potentially DIY methods endangering their lives dramatically! I mean no offence to the majority of the open minded Americans on here but under trump government human rights are taking a dramatic back seat! Southern states have always held far right views driven by religious (Christian) beliefs. It's backwards and damaging! Whether you liked or agreed with Obama he pushed the envelope in regards to human rights! Trump is working to undo that and build America in his image - a bigoted xenophobic nation that stands at present as the laughing stock of the planet! #prochoice

DIRTY PONY I CANT WAIT TO HOSE YOU DOWN
Link to post
Share on other sites

StJames
1 hour ago, Delusional Aura said:

You are right and I completely agree, but morally it's in my opinion the better thing to do. It hurts, yes but people deal with so much more pain in the world. I guess it's these lawmakers way of humanizing the fetus and actually making people realize it's a baby long after that 13 week period has passed. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. This topic is also a very sensitive topic so I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intention. 

I understand what your saying but there is nothing singularly more painful than a mother outliving her child at whatever age is passes 

DIRTY PONY I CANT WAIT TO HOSE YOU DOWN
Link to post
Share on other sites

DrugAway
11 hours ago, Delusional Aura said:

It's not banned entirely you do know that right? There's a 13 WEEK window. 

Yes, I am aware of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was banned entirely.

It's good to have the option If something goes wrong though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...