sit down, relax, and stream The Cure on spotify

:poot:

Nice playlist u got here :happy:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz
19 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm tired of Gaga not being the #1 pop girl. I'm tired of Joanne not getting the critical acclaim it deserves. I feel like the train has been off the tracks since Marry The Night. I sometimes go onto atrl and everyone hates Gaga now. Rihanna, Bey, Taylor, Adele and other pop girls all feel more current. I'm just sick of this. Stanning just isn't fun when Gaga gets dragged no matter what she does. When can Gaga get universal praise and adoration that Adele and Bey get? tenor.gif

Beyonces is just overrated af & for ppl like u Gag flopped with ARTPOP smh

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

MaryJaneHolland
18 hours ago, Arcanum said:

Let's remember what Madonna stans would say back in 1993 after Erotica was released. Ok?

What would they say? :emma: Erotica was a successful era.

MaryJaneHolland
9 hours ago, rawrimamonster said:

she'll have the biggest Vegas residency in history

excuse me no

everything but a vegas residency 

John Slayne
20 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

as soon as I take interest in something the GP loses interest

same :diane:

Arcanum
44 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

What would they say? :emma: Erotica was a successful era.

04be5f5f3f84ae4e65dca466d00cf05e.gif

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

sipthistea

This is the moment when the pop icon becomes a legend. I don't know about you, but this is the part that makes me the most excited in Gaga's career. It's time for her to perfection her art, and showcase the thrilling part of it. 

She already had the hits, the peak, the worldwide attention. Now it's not about being the biggest, but being the best at her craft. 

MaryJaneHolland
5 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

I don't wanna play the devil's advocate, but here we go :emma:

Madonna's previous album was Like a Prayer which gave her one #1 single and two #2 singles in the USA, as well as a #1 single in the UK and two more top 5 singles, one of them being one of her signature songs Like a Prayer. A year later, she released Vogue which was a massive song. Released the I'm Breathless soundtrack which sold amazingly and The Immaculate Collection which instantly became the best selling GH album. She also had the Blond Ambition Tour, a tour which visuals were literally something else for that time. Also, the Truth or Dare documentary faced a sky-rocketing success.

Erotica was released in late 1992, but from the beginning of the 90s til Erotica's release, Madonna released 6 singles, and 3 of them (Vogue, Justify My Love and This Used to Be My Playground (a song that she clearly didn't give a **** about)) topped the charts. Erotica brought her three Top 10 hits in the USA and all of the Erotica singles entered the top 10 on the UK chars, except Bye Bye Baby, but that song was not even released in the UK. Back then the 'Parental Advisory' sticker on the jewel cases actually had some meaning, so the young fans couldn't even buy the album. Erotica sold a little more than 7 million copies, amount which for that time wasn't that bad. The Girlie Show tour was an all-stadium tour becoming the best selling tour at that time. Also, an excuse that many like to use: She had no promo. The only times she performed songs off this album on TV were Bad Girl on SNL and Bye Bye Baby on the VMAs (Again, a song which wasn't even released as a single in the USA).

So, yeah, as you can see Erotica era was a rather successful era. And even if you don't count it as one, she still had success with the era before Erotica (I'm Breathless\Blond Ambition era), while Gaga's previous era was Joanne which we all know how it was and C2C, something that wasn't even meant for the charts and it definitely relsulted on her charts success afterwards. Even tho many consider ARTPOP to be commercially Gaga's Erotica, if you look up all the thing I listed in the second paragraph, you'll realize that it wasn't. :emma:

You were wrong

Arcanum
53 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I don't wanna play the devil's advocate, but here we go :emma:

Madonna's previous album was Like a Prayer which gave her one #1 single and two #2 singles in the USA, as well as a #1 single in the UK and two more top 5 singles, one of them being one of her signature songs Like a Prayer. A year later, she released Vogue which was a massive song. Released the I'm Breathless soundtrack which sold amazingly and The Immaculate Collection which instantly became the best selling GH album. She also had the Blond Ambition Tour, a tour which visuals were literally something else for that time. Also, the Truth or Dare documentary faced a sky-rocketing success.

Erotica was released in late 1992, but from the beginning of the 90s til Erotica's release, Madonna released 6 singles, and 3 of them (Vogue, Justify My Love and This Used to Be My Playground (a song that she clearly didn't give a **** about)) topped the charts. Erotica brought her three Top 10 hits in the USA and all of the Erotica singles entered the top 10 on the UK chars, except Bye Bye Baby, but that song was not even released in the UK. Back then the 'Parental Advisory' sticker on the jewel cases actually had some meaning, so the young fans couldn't even buy the album. Erotica sold a little more than 7 million copies, amount which for that time wasn't that bad. The Girlie Show tour was an all-stadium tour becoming the best selling tour at that time. Also, an excuse that many like to use: She had no promo. The only times she performed songs off this album on TV were Bad Girl on SNL and Bye Bye Baby on the VMAs (Again, a song which wasn't even released as a single in the USA).

So, yeah, as you can see Erotica era was a rather successful era. And even if you don't count it as one, she still had success with the era before Erotica (I'm Breathless\Blond Ambition era), while Gaga's previous era was Joanne which we all know how it was and C2C, something that wasn't even meant for the charts and it definitely relsulted on her charts success afterwards. Even tho many consider ARTPOP to be commercially Gaga's Erotica, if you look up all the thing I listed in the second paragraph, you'll realize that it wasn't. :emma:

You were wrong

Ok. I love your meltdown. Erotica was, is and will forever be my all time fav Madonna album, most scrobbled since I remember listening to music. I know all the lyrics by heart, I 've bought it in every possible format & it marked my "out of the closet" era. Don't get mad at me, cause I really do stan AF, but no.

Let's start with this:

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-10-09/entertainment/ca-708_1_film-projects

Commercially Erotica was an era that created huge backlash that could jeopardize her career. Unlike her earlier albums (except for her debut that received recognition after "Like a Virgin" was released) instead of zooming to #1, it collapsed yielding no #1 hit. It was her first studio album to miss the #1 spot from Billboard, to not have a #1 single. General public adored her, but it was a time that they fed up with her ongoing sexual provocation. Body of evidence, Sex book and Erotica are the holy trinity of  the "She lost her mind" era. Don't get it twisted. "This used to be my playground" was the last single BEFORE Erotica. The single that kinda mended her image was "I'll remember". Shep Pettibone asked her to recapture the essence of Erotica in her next album, but she changed her mind in the process because she wanted to soften her image.

Overall Results?

LIKE A PRAYER : WORLDWIDE SALES 15m

EROTICA WORLWIDE 6M

So yeah, it's considered a flop for her brand at the time.  The same way outsiders considered ARTPOP a flop. 

No heavy heart.I would defend it as well.

It's critically one of her best efforts. The album has matured greatly and is still IMHO her best most cohesive effort along with ROL & COAD.

tumblr_lodii3AmTj1qisd2ho1_500.gif

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Boyboi12

Time to grow up a bit :gaysia: she will probabaly never be number one again, so get use to it 

merlot
23 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm tired of Gaga not being the #1 pop girl. I'm tired of Joanne not getting the critical acclaim it deserves. I feel like the train has been off the tracks since Marry The Night. I sometimes go onto atrl and everyone hates Gaga now. Rihanna, Bey, Taylor, Adele and other pop girls all feel more current. I'm just sick of this. Stanning just isn't fun when Gaga gets dragged no matter what she does. When can Gaga get universal praise and adoration that Adele and Bey get? tenor.gif

LOL 

Dorothy Gale
7 minutes ago, merlot said:

LOL 

What's funny? It deserves at least an 8.0 on metacritic. tenor.gif

pdaines
3 hours ago, PaperIz said:

Try being a Miley fan, everyone legitimately hates her :toofunny: 

I love Miley. Also, she hasn't really promoted a single to pop radio since the album which contained Wrecking Ball, and that was her biggest single and album to date. 

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived