Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Having international hits will become increasingly more important

dit

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

this makes me think...

what is Christina Aguilera doing to gain her coins right now?

oreo commerials

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

The Fame Joanne
2 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Yup

Sadly that's what Gaga is lacking this era (although some people here claim she's global bc she's doing good in three countries that aren't in North America)

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

this makes me think...

what is Christina Aguilera doing to gain her coins right now?

Oreo commercials & being on The Voice occasionally as a coach. She also works for Masterclass.com as a vocal coach. If she was smart, she put away her money when was making it big so she can live off the riches for the rest of her life.

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Sadly that's what Gaga is lacking this era (although some people here claim she's global bc she's doing good in three countries that aren't in North America)

This is partly why I'm pro-DiC. I really think Europe can get behind the song. Aside from European tours, Gaga is really lacking in power and presence in other continents.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Streaming also does this. As streaming will expand to markets where sales are traditionally quite low (even among people who can afford it), like Latin America, SE-Asia, South-Africa, Eastern Europe and possibly India/China, the focus will be on being able to have a truly global hit. Being local to Anglophone markets will still be possible, but the real success will lie in a truly global hit. This has already shown on Youtube, where Brazil is a market as big as the US, and where the US has a very small market share.

Touring in Anglophone markets can still get you 100M+ gross. Australia, the UK and Canada can do that for a strong artist. Let's also not underestimate the cultural power of the US and the UK. They're trendsetters for the rest of the world.

Archived