US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

I never said equal GagaBritney, I just said move in that direction.

She already has with her fanbase getting Part of Me to debut #1. Something the Navy and the Barbz have never done.

A silly movie isn't going to do anything for her, especially this early on.

You ignored the fact Justin Bieber was mentioned in my post as having a movie. He also has a big fanbase.

Is he an icon? No.

It's what you do with your fame, no whether you have it or not.

Your career has to actually be interesting for people to wanna be informed further, a la Michael Jackson etc.

Edited by Americano

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest thing about all these guesses as to who I was talking about that I have received, is that none of you have been right :laughga:

I was talking about Lady Gaga :staymad:

I know, it's not Gaga's fault she sent one to #3 and one to #12 :teehee:

Yeah they only noticed because they were charting well lol. I actually hope they do promo singles again... It will be a good way for them to guage if any of them should be singles.

La Rosalia

I never said equal GagaBritney, I just said move in that direction.

She already has with her fanbase getting Part of Me to debut #1. Something the Navy and the Barbz have never done.

I don't think it was mainly bought by her fanbase a la Boyfriend or HIAM, she debuted it on the Grammys

Americano

What do you have specifically against Katy Perry? I mean you're constantly arguing against her. She's so harmless lol. It's like disliking Ellen. Who would do that?

I actually have LFN, E.T., TD, PoM, WA, DU, and TOTGA on my iTunes. (Along with her OOTB album)

I just don't believe in bull**** because I buy someone's music. :)

Edited by Americano

You ignored the fact Justin Bieber was mentioned in my post as having a movie. He also has a big fanbase.

Is he an icon? No.

Katy already has the steady stream of hit songs that Bieber lacks, all she need is a stronger fanbase to solidify her position as #2 girl to Gaga.

Also her back story is more interesting and inspiring than Rihanna. Overcoming religious zealot parents to fulfill your dreams > getting beat up by Chris Brown.

Americano

Katy already has the steady stream of hit songs that Bieber lacks, all she need is a stronger fanbase to solidify her position as #2 girl to Gaga.

Also her back story is more interesting and inspiring than Rihanna. Overcoming religious zealot parents to fulfill your dreams > getting beat up by Chris Brown.

Or the fact she used to do gospel and sold out to be famous? :rofl:

Two very different ways of looking at that.

A steady stream of hit songs that aren't memorable, a la Rihanna. (The same artist you're attempting to shade here, yet Rihanna has a hit single across the world right now while WA is doing nothing outside of the US)

A steady stream of hit songs that aren't memorable, a la Rihanna. (The same artist you're attempting to shade here, yet Rihanna has a hit single across the world right now while WA is doing nothing outside of the US)

I Kissed a Girl, Cali Gurls, and Firework are memorable iconic songs.

UK has Jessie J instead of Katy - 6 top 10s from debut album. There Dr. Luke girl.

Rihanna doesn't any any songs in top 20 YTD there. The Coldplay duet is beating WHYB.

Or the fact she used to do gospel and sold out to be famous? :rofl:

99% of people taking that view disapprove of Gaga too.

Edited by craig

Jase

I actually have LFN, E.T., TD, PoM, WA, DU, and TOTGA on my iTunes. (Along with her OOTB album)

I just don't believe in bull**** because I buy someone's music. :)

:clap:

Arturo

A silly movie isn't going to do anything for her, especially this early on.

Is he an icon? No.

It's what you do with your fame, no whether you have it or not.

Your career has to actually be interesting for people to wanna be informed further, a la Michael Jackson etc.

:clap:

Sippin that tea :tea:

Runway

:usrs:

saltface

Iconic!? Iconic = Thriller video, Like a Prayer, Cher's Believe, ...Baby One More Time, Can't Get You Out of My Head, etc

IKAG- :usrs:

CG- Because a safe hit with a featured rapper and a video full of candyfloss = iconic.

Firework- Just another empowerment hit, nothing special.

People will not be singing Katy Perry songs in 10, 20, 30 years time.

Edited by andrewsalt