Economy 53,217 Posted yesterday at 12:14 AM Share Posted yesterday at 12:14 AM https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/business/politics/2026/10/06/the-polls-have-closed-quebec-has-voted-live-results-here/ The PQ (Partis Québécois) is currently winning seats as votes continue to be counted. If they win as polls suggested they would, this will be the first time they will be in power since 2014 PQ is also the pro seperatist party of Canada. As of last thread update, the PQ were at 38 seats while the party in 2nd had 16. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,217 Posted yesterday at 12:16 AM Author Share Posted yesterday at 12:16 AM @Bronco ur type of thread also Canadians i can recall off the top of my head: @gumzy3000 @JustinTrudeau @LaLa @Delulu Rogers @27monster27 @monstertoronto 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CYCLOPS 6,310 Posted yesterday at 12:17 AM Share Posted yesterday at 12:17 AM They are the racist right wing party before they are the separatist party nowadays. They won't call for a referendum before the end of Trump's mandate and I don't see it going anywhere with how incertain and messy everything is right now. Truly disappointed in my province but the polls have been obvious since the very beginning of the campaign 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CYCLOPS 6,310 Posted yesterday at 12:18 AM Share Posted yesterday at 12:18 AM Let's go for 4 years of austerity and anti-immigration bullshit i guess 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,217 Posted yesterday at 12:20 AM Author Share Posted yesterday at 12:20 AM 1 minute ago, CYCLOPS said: They are the racist right wing party before they are the separatist party nowadays. They won't call for a referendum before the end of Trump's mandate and I don't see it going anywhere with how incertain and messy everything is right now. Truly disappointed in my province but the polls have been obvious since the very beginning of the campaign I find it interesting how Quebec has often been more liberal/progressive with things like environment and economy but then on immigration and people they are arguably the most closed and bigoted Generalizing of course Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
27monster27 16,234 Posted yesterday at 12:25 AM Share Posted yesterday at 12:25 AM 7 minutes ago, Economy said: @Bronco ur type of thread also Canadians i can recall off the top of my head: @gumzy3000 @JustinTrudeau @LaLa @Delulu Rogers @27monster27 @monstertoronto I'm not actually Canadian lol, but thank you for the tag! I will say that I do wish I did live their sometimes, but then again sometimes your politics aren't too much better than mine in the US. he/him/his 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gumzy3000 8,013 Posted yesterday at 12:33 AM Share Posted yesterday at 12:33 AM I actually didn’t know this was even happening… I was more invested in the Alberta separation debacle so it will be interesting to see what happens next in these two provinces. I wonder if Trumps influence and economic pressures he’s putting on Canada making the Quebecors desperate for change. trolly troll troll Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,217 Posted yesterday at 12:35 AM Author Share Posted yesterday at 12:35 AM 7 minutes ago, 27monster27 said: I'm not actually Canadian lol, but thank you for the tag! I will say that I do wish I did live their sometimes, but then again sometimes your politics aren't too much better than mine in the US. For some reason i thought u were this whole time And i must disagree with the last part. While Canadian politics are far from perfect and have its own stupidity, it far from being anywhere near as bad and sad as US politics I think Canada has an average level of Democratic World insanity in politics while the US is near the top of Nations that take the cake along with a few others that are arguably just as bad 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CYCLOPS 6,310 Posted yesterday at 12:35 AM Share Posted yesterday at 12:35 AM Just now, gumzy3000 said: I actually didn’t know this was even happening… I was more invested in the Alberta separation debacle so it will be interesting to see what happens next in these two provinces. I wonder if Trumps influence and economic pressures he’s putting on Canada making the Quebecors desperate for change. Nope, if anything it's scaring people off. Support for sovereignty is at its lowest since the 1995 referendum, around 29%. It's just that the PQ was founded on that idea so they keep carrying it. Unfortunately they dropped the progressive socialist part they used to stand for. 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
27monster27 16,234 Posted yesterday at 12:36 AM Share Posted yesterday at 12:36 AM Just now, Economy said: For some reason i thought u were this whole time And i must disagree with the last part. While Canadian politics are far from perfect and have its own stupidity, it far from being anywhere near as bad and sad as US politics I think Canada has an average level of Democratic World insanity in politics while the US is near the top of Nations that take the cake along with a few others that are arguably just as bad It's okay lol. And honestly you're right. The bar is in hell, in all honestly, but yeah you make a good point. I've just become rather "doomerist" over the years lmao. he/him/his 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,217 Posted yesterday at 12:37 AM Author Share Posted yesterday at 12:37 AM (edited) 6 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said: I actually didn’t know this was even happening… I was more invested in the Alberta separation debacle so it will be interesting to see what happens next in these two provinces. I wonder if Trumps influence and economic pressures he’s putting on Canada making the Quebecors desperate for change. Alberta i think gets more attention because its a new seperatist dynamic while Quebec is more old news. Plus Alberta symbolizes Western Alienation by controversial economic policies while Quebec is the same old culture wars That said as it was pointed out, it is not likely they would push for a referendum at this time as it would be politically risky. If theres one Silverlining to Trump is that he has increased National Pride and unity (to some extent even in Quebec and Alberta). The level of support in Quebec according to polls on this specific issue is not high enough to justify seriously pushing it Who knows after Trump is out if the party will raise voice on this again tho. I guess it depends on the political dynamics then Edited yesterday at 12:40 AM by Economy 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,217 Posted yesterday at 12:41 AM Author Share Posted yesterday at 12:41 AM 3 minutes ago, 27monster27 said: It's okay lol. And honestly you're right. The bar is in hell, in all honestly, but yeah you make a good point. I've just become rather "doomerist" over the years lmao. Donors and money in politics should genuinely not be allowed as that isnt really a true fair democracy. But here we are 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CYCLOPS 6,310 Posted yesterday at 12:41 AM Share Posted yesterday at 12:41 AM (edited) 26 minutes ago, Economy said: I find it interesting how Quebec has often been more liberal/progressive with things like environment and economy but then on immigration and people they are arguably the most closed and bigoted Generalizing of course Both facets come from the same place. Our history with the Church is still raw here and very different from the rest of Canada, so anything touching religion (and by extension immigration from muslim countries) is extremely touchy. The Quiet Revolution gave us the progressive side you're describing and the reflex against religion at the same time, both out of the same generational trauma. Not excusing where that's landing right now, and the younger generation is definitely a lot more open minded which makes me hopeful. Quebec is genuinely open and welcoming, but it's also deeply insecure, and right now that insecurity is coming out as a misguided attempt to protect the national identity. Personally I think the easy answer is investing in our dying, underfunded, incredibly rich and beautiful arts scene, but hey, that won't win you points at the polls... Edited yesterday at 12:47 AM by CYCLOPS 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CYCLOPS 6,310 Posted yesterday at 12:45 AM Share Posted yesterday at 12:45 AM My palestinian socialist queen deserved better. Quebec just can't stand having such a baddie as head of state. 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RuPaul 253 Posted yesterday at 01:56 AM Share Posted yesterday at 01:56 AM It’s honestly so disheartening to see as we went from one government that took every part of the province’s services (health, education, etc.) apart for scraps and made it easier for private companies to buy them up, to now another government that’s most likely going to continue that trend even more and make the cost of living even worse than it presently is and on top of all of that, they want to blow millions of dollars on a separation referendum that probably won’t go anywhere when there are so many other issues that the money could be spent on… (apologies for the rambling run-on sentence, I’m just trying to process this night) 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.