Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 2)

Americano

Featured Posts

What did you guys think of the Femme Fatale tour?

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

OT, but she looks amazing...

rgetheth.jpg

I personally think Britney just doesn't want to be performing anymore. She doesn't seem like she enjoys it. :shrug:

YES she looks flawless. Hope she uses that hair for the BTWB.

Edited by Marco

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Valentino

• boysboysboys

• Ozzy8923

I personally think Britney just doesn't want to be performing anymore. She doesn't seem like she enjoys it. :shrug:

I sometimes get that feeling too. I like Britney more for her music/music videos than for her performances/tour. The best part of the Femme Fatale tour were the interlude videos, the props, the outfits, and the song remixes, not so much Britney's performance. But this one is the one I loved A LOT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0kf1t2_VKE. It's obviously not live, I have no clue why that user put that it was live in the title.

Here on the other hand she was a REALLY amazing performer and she sounded great in the songs that she ACTUALLY sang live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN0zsZrIrk0&list=FLCEvQKmhFziosD9I8jRNtyA&index=1&feature=plpp_video.

I sometimes get that feeling too. I like Britney more for her music/music videos than for her performances/tour. The best part of the Femme Fatale tour were the interlude videos, the props, the outfits, and the song remixes, not so much Britney's performance. But this one is the one I loved A LOT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0kf1t2_VKE. It's obviously not live, I have no clue why that user put that it was live in the title.

Here on the other hand she was a REALLY amazing performer and she sounded great in the songs that she ACTUALLY sang live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN0zsZrIrk0&list=FLCEvQKmhFziosD9I8jRNtyA&index=1&feature=plpp_video.

She doesn't really sound too good live during the Onyx Tour. But that was when I was soooo obsessed with her :flutter:

She doesn't really sound too good live during the Onyx Tour. But that was when I was soooo obsessed with her :flutter:

Everytime was live. It was flawless. I LOVED Touch of My Hand even though it wasn't live and Breathe on Me was HOT.

She'll sit this time on a bed and get VMA VOTY. :nails:

Sounds s-xy! Oooooh maybe she'll lay down this time. :excited2:

Under normal conditions, I would say I agree (about the hair), BUT I really don't want to hear anymore Madonna/Blond Ambition era comparisons. The hair does look fabulous, though.

SMILE2NE1

How is dance music doing altogether in the US atm, do you predict that it will lose popularity? I want Gaga to continue to make dance music.

And when do you think the optimal time to release the new record/lead single is?

How is dance music doing altogether in the US atm, do you predict that it will lose popularity? I want Gaga to continue to make dance music.

And when do you think the optimal time to release the new record/lead single is?

TBH, I feel like more alternative/rock music is getting popular. 'We are young', 'Somebody that i used to know', adele, etc :deadbanana:

We heard about a possible new album coming later this year, so maybe late summer for the first single. She probably couldn't promote at the vma's doe :nails:

Americano

There are certainly dance hits out right now, but there is a trend away from it. I'm sure Gaga has taken note.

SMILE2NE1

TBH, I feel like more alternative/rock music is getting popular. 'We are young', 'Somebody that i used to know', adele, etc :deadbanana:

We heard about a possible new album coming later this year, so maybe late summer for the first single. She probably couldn't promote at the vma's doe :nails:

Yeah :( She's got BTW Ball dates during the VMAs. And yeah I agree with the idea that Indie pop is getting popular now. Pop is changing again.

Its the first pop has strayed away from Gaga's root genre, I wonder how she'll deal with it.

If she really is in a media blackout, she wouldn't know but I doubt that she is really reading absolutely nothing.

There are certainly dance hits out right now, but there is a trend away from it. I'm sure Gaga has taken note.

But her supposed media blackout :laughga:

I'm sure she knows what's going on in the music industry. Like what's popular and what's not, etc.

Americano

Gaga's always listening to music though.

Remember when she pulled out knowledge of SFTTR by Adele before it was even a single? She definitely eyes who's successful.

Even if she were trying to ignore it all, Interscope definitely is not and they still control what she can release.

I think she'll release a single either in late Summer (when she has 1.5 months off) or in October.

Edited by Americano

My thought about Femme Fatale tour.

I think it is just sad. This tour was just a quick label decision to make money over Britney. Face it, she isn't able to perform anymore. She doesn't sing, she doesn't create her music, she doesn't even dance well (there are A LOT of videos on youtube of her just giving up the dance routine). Like they said in my local newspaper, the tour isn't about her, it's about all the dancers, the props, the stage etc.

Not boundary pushing, a bit predictable, not visually incredible. This tour is just mediocre and forgettable. Please, leave that girl alone she clearly do not want to perform anymore.

SMILE2NE1

Gaga's always listening to music though.

Remember when she pulled out knowledge of SFTTR by Adele before it was even a single? She definitely eyes who's successful.

Even if she were trying to ignore it all, Interscope definitely is not and they still control what she can release.

I think she'll release a single either in late Summer (when she has 1.5 months off) or in October.

That's true. I can't imagine her not listening to any media at all and releasing dance music and realising no one gives a ****. AND YES, late in the year - TFM style.

I feel if she releases anything later than that, she'll start to become irrelevant.

Americano

That's true. I can't imagine her not listening to any media at all and releasing dance music and realising no one gives a ****. AND YES, late in the year - TFM style.

I feel if she releases anything later than that, she'll start to become irrelevant.

She's up to double digits in successful singles, she doesn't need to worry about becoming irrelevant for awhile.

It's weird for us since we've been following her, but she's been on the radio nonstop for almost 5 years. Shes established enough now to take some time off.

(Even though she's not going to. I think we'll get a new single and a new album later in 2012.)

Edited by Americano