• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Valentino

• boysboysboys

• Ozzy8923

Eulonzo

THANKFULLY. :clap: The only thing idol was for her is promo for her trend hopping singles.

:tea:

Arturo

Right By My Side is flopping :flop:

Second singles always get cock blocked now a days

BTW blocked Judas

WFl blocked YDO

And now

SS blocked RBMS

Any other examples?

BTW blocked Judas

WFl blocked YDO

They did poorly for their own reasons.

Rihanna had 2 huge hits at once with Only Girl and What's My Name. Beyonce did the same with Single Ladies and another song.

Lol The Fame era did the opposite... Poker Face obliterated Just Dance... though neither of them flopped. :flutter:

Right By My Side is flopping :flop:

BTW blocked Judas

WFl blocked YDO

And now

SS blocked RBMS

Any other examples?

Didn't Hot Chelle Ray or whatevz 2nd single flop... And Foster The People. Always knew they were one hit wonders. :fan:

• Foster The People
  • Gotye
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Fun

It's been a good 9 months for alternative. Lana racking up album sales and the others just having exploding singles.

Arturo

I hope LG releases her 2nd single once she knows her 1st one is starting to die out

Klou

Lol The Fame era did the opposite... Poker Face obliterated Just Dance... though neither of them flopped. :flutter:

Didn't Hot Chelle Ray or whatevz 2nd single flop... And Foster The People. Always knew they were one hit wonders. :fan:

• Foster The People
  • Gotye
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Fun

It's been a good 9 months for alternative. Lana racking up album sales and the others just having exploding singles.

It's too soon to tell for Fun and Lana hasn't really been successful in any areas in the US (if you're referring to one hit wonders) Edited by Klou

Oyemiamor

It's too soon to tell for Fun and Lana hasn't really been successful in any areas in the US (if you're referring to one hit wonders)

I'd say in the US Lana is more known for bombing SNL than any of her music. I can't say I have really ever heard one of her songs tbh.

I'd say in the US Lana is more known for bombing SNL than any of her music. I can't say I have really ever heard one of her songs tbh.

I was mainly speaking of how well her album did for the 3 weeks it was afloat.

It's too soon to tell for Fun and Lana hasn't really been successful in any areas in the US (if you're referring to one hit wonders)

Oh no, I wasn't calling Lana and Fun 1HW, that was just about Hot Chelle Rae and Foster The People. For Lana and Fun, I was just saying they helped with the whole accepting more alternative chart toppers.

Or have "paved the way" for what could possibly happen in the last 6 months of 2012. I think we'll see a lot more songs like STIUTK and WAY and PUK.

This is my first post in the new GGD, but I think that Lana's singles haven't been released to radio though. I think "National Anthem" will be actually the first one, or maybe Blue Jeans by the end of May.

Klou

Oh no, I wasn't calling Lana and Fun 1HW, that was just about Hot Chelle Rae and Foster The People. For Lana and Fun, I was just saying they helped with the whole accepting more alternative chart toppers.

Or have "paved the way" for what could possibly happen in the last 6 months of 2012. I think we'll see a lot more songs like STIUTK and WAY and PUK.

Oh okay :) In that regard, I totally agree with you. It really started last year with Foster The People reaching the top 3. The last Alternative song to reach top 5 was Kings of Leon "Use Somebody", but now we've had 3 songs within the past year hitting top 3. I started to notice the trend away from Dance/Pop during the MTN era, and now it seems to still hold true. I don't think dance/pop will just completely drop off the map, but for the time being its not completely dominating like it did 2010-2011 Edited by Klou

Valentino

With an appearance tonight on American Idol, we're giving Adam Lambert the edge for #1 next week. Idol alumni hold down two of the Top 3 as Sony Music lands a whopping seven titles in the Top 10. Adele will record her lowest total yet and still likely remain at #2. In its 65 weeks on the chart, 21 has only dipped below 100k twenty times. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:

*Adam Lambert (19/RCA) 70-75k

Adele (XL/Columbia) 60-65k

Carrie Underwood (19/Arista Nashville) 55-60k

Now 42 (Capitol/EMI) 45-50k

*Tenacious D (Columbia) 45-50k

*Glee Cast: The Graduation (Columbia) 40-45k

Lionel Richie (Mercury Nashville) 40-45k

Norah Jones (Blue Note/EMI) 35-40k

One Direction (Syco/Columbia) 30-35k

Smash Cast (Columbia) 28-32k

*Beach House (Sub Pop) 24-27k

Jack White (Third Man/Columbia) 23-26k

*Garbage (Stun Volume) 18-21k

Gotye (Fairfax/Universal Republic) 18-21k

Luke Bryan (Capitol Nashville) 18-21k

Ehhhh! I'll be so proud if he debuts #1! That's gotta be a first of some kind right? :party:

WW (estimated) sales: @OneDirection, Up All Night 78,000 (1,949,000) | @LanaDelRey, Born To Die 50,000 (1,531,000).

Klou

Ehhhh! I'll be so proud if he debuts #1! That's gotta be a first of some kind right? :party:

WW (estimated) sales: @OneDirection, Up All Night 78,000 (1,949,000) | @LanaDelRey, Born To Die 50,000 (1,531,000).

You're going to be my Adam Lambert buddy, okay? I can't get over the amazingness of this album...

Valentino

You're going to be my Adam Lambert buddy, okay? I can't get over the amazingness of this album...

:hehe: Okay. Deal.

I've ordered my copy and it's been shipped. I'm not sure if I should wait for it to arrive, or just DL it and listen to it now. :ohno:

CesarBTW

did you hear the new gaga song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vIFzkY8R3-8