Jump to content
politics

Scotland seeks independence again after UK Brexit vote


Erotica

Featured Posts

Dominic

Hardly surprising, it is in their best interest to leave even though I would prefer them to remain. It's only a matter of time until other countries start to follow suit. I can't see the EU lasting for years to come anymore.  

I can't at how some of you all are so immature with the 'Britain deserves to flop' comments like it's a song on top 40 radio but then again this is gagadaily and it's hard to expect adult conversations. 

 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

UK's ARTPOP era has begun.

seashell-suicide.gif

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, neptugne said:

It's not about potential fees in the UK because they're going to school in Ireland, as I said. The British students are the ones dropping out.

Ahh right, I get you now - my confusion was in that school is rarely used here to refer to university. I think it's still a hasty decision but apologies for jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

River

#FreeScotland #FreeIrland #UKisnotOK

I hope they will be smart now and vote yes for independence, they had this opportunity not so long time ago..

So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Erotica
1 minute ago, River said:

#FreeScotland #FreeIrland #UKisnotOK

I hope they will be smart now and vote yes for independence, they had this opportunity not so long time ago..

Many Scots voted no for independence to remain in the EU, so I guess a new referendum would end differently now. I hope they take the chance.

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another
Link to post
Share on other sites

River
6 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Many Scots voted no for independence to remain in the EU, so I guess a new referendum would end differently now. I hope they take the chance.

yeah I hope too, they deserve to be independent.

So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy
Link to post
Share on other sites

DiscoHeaven23

I'm curious, what has the Queen said about all this?

Clearly she must not be happy with it

queen-elizabeth-ii-008.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Miracle

Open arms for them! They are probably leaving, as well as Northern Ireland. Maybe Gibraltar too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I'm curious, what has the Queen said about all this?

Clearly she must not be happy with it

queen-elizabeth-ii-008.jpg

She's supposed to remain apolitical, so I assume there won't be any official Buckingham Palace statement.

The Queen's position as figurehead head of state of Scotland probably wouldn't be at stake even in the event of independence :shrug: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TiphEret

But if Scotland wants to leave because they want to remain in the EU how do they know the EU will take them? Based on the remain vote? 

Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorées,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom
Link to post
Share on other sites

LebaneseDude
3 minutes ago, TiphEret said:

But if Scotland wants to leave because they want to remain in the EU how do they know the EU will take them? Based on the remain vote? 

Why wouldn't they? They were already part of it and do not want to leave.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.
Link to post
Share on other sites

TiphEret
7 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

Why wouldn't they? They were already part of it and do not want to leave.

I guess but I am not sure it's that easy.. I don't know we'll see but for sure a referendum now is their best chance to get independence

Sur le sable sur la neige, Sur les images dorées,Sur le front de mes amis, J’écris ton nom
Link to post
Share on other sites

Azor Ahai
2 hours ago, cpro said:

This is amazing. What was once the most powerful empire in the world is falling apart right before our eyes :diane:

Madonna tease :air:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Benji
43 minutes ago, TiphEret said:

But if Scotland wants to leave because they want to remain in the EU how do they know the EU will take them? Based on the remain vote? 

It depends on how soon they can get a referendum going. They need to be quick as once the U.K. officially leaves (it currently has not, it's just the plan) they will need to go through the usual application method for every country which involves all of the members approving them. I can't see it happening personally. Scotland may get independence but if the EU continues to fall, they won't be accepted by every country as they're not a super power that will save the EU.

Link to post
Share on other sites

a referendum about changing its name to Scotia while they're at it would be nice.

never liked the sound of that Saxon mess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...