VTV

but how about Greedy? Into You? Side to Side? Touch It? Focus?:diane:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

There is just something about it that makes it feel monotone even though some of the songs are somewhat different. And as far as the melodies goes, they are definitely lacking.

The only thing I can think of is that its basically all essentially Pop music or Pop-balladry, but there are different clear inspirations from different genres of music even amongst that generalization, so why is any cohesive album not monotone :duck: I don't really wanna argue about the melodies, because I just entirely disagree; I find the melodies varied and interesting, esp. the bridges (which are amazing, esp. Thinking About You and Sometimes) and verses; There are also several lines of lyrics from most every song (minus like, Everyday, Greedy) that struck me as good and are likely to catch people; they are relatable or well said or just interesting and show personal growth from Ariana.

But lets just agree to disagree :sis:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Quark
1 minute ago, LadyGagaStan93 said:

It happens, that's the joy of listening to music. I kind of wish more people were like that, but not many are because of comfort levels and such.  Was an interesting read on your opinion though. 

Yes, I always give people a chance even if I did not like them before because I know they could always improve or come up with something that I end up liking.

Prismatic
16 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

I could write an essay on why I disagree, but I will shorten; I strongly disagree with the idea that the melodies are not memorable and the music not interesting :emma: "Monotone" also seems a bit of a reach because there is a lot of diversity on the album both in production, tempo, vocal styling and delivery, and topic/theme :duck: (Unless you are in that camp where people talking about their personal love lives is always objectively "the same thing over and over") 

I don't usually agree with most of your infamous opinion threads though, so this one shouldn't surprise me either. Sorry you don't enjoy the album :shrug: 

I guess I appreciate you giving those who dislike the album* a space where they can talk about it though :green:

Hide contents

*People to go on my hit list* :neyde: 

Liked then unliked :green: 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Quark
2 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

The only thing I can think of is that its basically all essentially Pop music or Pop-balladry, but there are different clear inspirations from different genres of music even amongst that generalization, so why is any cohesive album not monotone :duck: I don't really wanna argue about the melodies, because I just entirely disagree; I find the melodies varied and interesting, esp. the bridges (which are amazing, esp. Thinking About You and Sometimes) and verses; There are also several lines of lyrics from most every song (minus like, Everyday, Greedy) that struck me as good and are likely to catch people; they are relatable or well said or just interesting and show personal growth from Ariana.

But lets just agree to disagree :sis:

I think is because most of the album has that simple urban trap style that is very trendy right now. So to me is sounds like more of the same song after song and there is not enough originality in there to sound interesting (even though there are a few interesting influences). And I guess we will just have to disagree on the melodies.

ItsTommyBitch
Just now, Prismatic said:

Liked than unliked :green: 

I wasn't notified :emma: Thanks though... Bitch :green: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Prismatic
Just now, ItsTommyBitch said:

I wasn't notified :emma: Thanks though... Bitch :green: 

You're welcomed fatty :green: 

Spoiler

liked

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

ItsTommyBitch
2 minutes ago, Prismatic said:

You're welcomed fatty :green: 

Hide contents

liked

*edit*

Figured it out, have a good day :sis: 

homomo
32 minutes ago, dubstep111 said:

I just got done listening too what a snooze fest . What is happening to music😖

Music is relative. What you don't like, someone else might like, and vice versa.

dubstep111
1 minute ago, Interstellar said:

Music is relative. What you don't like, someone else might like, and vice versa.

Just ssshh

forslayage

In my opinion, Dangerous Woman is Ariana's best work so far. She's proving she knows how to make an album. Many songs are uptempo: Bad Decisions, Into You, Greedy, and more.. The lyrics are advanced, and the production has grown to masterpieces of songs instead of pop hits in one album.

Rino

while I think the album is nice, it seems like people on GGD are clearly overrating it :emma: 

they are so thirsty for new Gaga material that they go full on stan mode for every pop album that is just slightly better than average. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Antonio

Meghan's Thank You is better.

Spoiler

Both are tragic. :staymad:

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Archived