💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ariana's Dangerous Woman Is Boring

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

I am not really a fan of Ariana Grande but I always listen to any new albums just to give them a chance. So I just listened to Dangerous Woman and I think the album is pretty boring. And I am not describing it as boring because of its mid tempo songs or because the lack of uptempo songs. The reason I found the album to be boring is because most of it lacks good memorable melodies and interesting music. While, Ariana Grande delivers with vocals, the melodies she is singing are just very forgettable. The music is also more of what everyone else is releasing on the radio right now, and in general is not a big departure from her previous sound. Overall Dangerous Woman is just a monotone sounding album.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo

Molly, you in danger gur! 

ARIANATORS ASSEMBLE!!!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Glory

good for you grumpy cat

post-10138-ariana-grande-kisses-demure-c

If you can't enjoy Into You, greedy or sometimes there's nothing we can do.

dubstep111

I just got done listening too what a snooze fest . What is happening to music😖

ItsTommyBitch

I could write an essay on why I disagree, but I will shorten; I strongly disagree with the idea that the melodies are not memorable and the music not interesting :emma: "Monotone" also seems a bit of a reach because there is a lot of diversity on the album both in production, tempo, vocal styling and delivery, and topic/theme :duck: (Unless you are in that camp where people talking about their personal love lives is always objectively "the same thing over and over") 

I don't usually agree with most of your infamous opinion threads though, so this one shouldn't surprise me either. Sorry you don't enjoy the album :shrug: 

I guess I appreciate you giving those who dislike the album* a space where they can talk about it though :green:

Spoiler

*People to go on my hit list* :neyde: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

JusKeepBreathin

Thanks for your streams in its opening week. Give it a couple more listens before you decide it's not for you. :unicorn: 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Quark
1 minute ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

I could write an essay on why I disagree, but I will shorten; I strongly disagree with the idea that the melodies are not memorable and the music not interesting :emma: "Monotone" also seems a bit of a reach because there is a lot of diversity on the album both in production, tempo, vocal styling and delivery, and topic/theme :duck: (Unless you are in that camp where people talking about their personal love lives is always objectively "the same thing over and over") 

I don't usually agree with most of your infamous opinion threads though, so I'm not surprised about this one. Sorry you don't enjoy the album :shrug:

I guess I appreciate you giving those who dislike the album* a space where they can talk about it too though :green:

Reveal hidden contents

*People to go on my hit list* :neyde: 

There is just something about it that makes it feel monotone even though some of the songs are somewhat different. And as far as the melodies goes, they are definitely lacking.

LadyGagaStan93

I mean, you can have your opinion. I definitely disagree, but it does sound like you came into the album with the mindset that the album would be boring, because as you said you're not really a fan. That's alright though, at least you gave it a listen?

Mister Gaga

It takes some time to get into it. It's much more complex than YT and ME, lyrically and sonically. It's actually a complete body of work, not just a bunch of singles. That's why it seems boring, it doesn't have any 'clear' smash in it, like ME had. After Focus fiasco, it was clear that Ari had to change her childish sound (and thanks god she did). She choose the best route: Love Me Harder sound, which was by far the best song on ME.

It has amazing uptempo songs (DW, Greedy & Into You; i'd choose this one anyday over Problem), good collabs and midtempo songs (LMLY, BA, Touch It and Sometimes are just beyond flawless). In my opinion, it's miles ahead of ME. I like albums that are, and sound, complex and cohesive. 

But i understand that the majority of people prefers just a bunch of lil' quick singles. That's why some fool of an irrelevant magazine called Born This Way boring, but praised Teenage Dream. Give it time, you'll like it :tongue:

Quark
1 minute ago, LadyGagaStan93 said:

I mean, you can have your opinion. I definitely disagree, but it does sound like you came into the album with the mindset that the album would be boring, because as you said you're not really a fan. That's alright though, at least you gave it a listen?

Well, I have listened to many albums of people that I am not a fan of (just to give them a chance) and sometimes I come out of the listening experience pleasantly surprised. Dangerous Women was just not the case.

LadyGagaStan93
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Well, I have listened to many albums of people that I am not a fan of (just to give them a chance) and sometimes I come out of the listening experience pleasantly surprised. Dangerous Women was just not the case.

It happens, that's the joy of listening to music. I kind of wish more people were like that, but not many are because of comfort levels and such.  Was an interesting read on your opinion though. 

dubstep111
1 minute ago, ryhanna said:

Boring is Ariana's thing, so, yeah. 

Hahaha

Archived