Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What was your best month for music in the last 2 years?

KING5KAT

Featured Posts

I will never forget the slayage of October 2014 in my opinion. There were 3 epic tracks that really stood out from the rest of the year and they all came within a few days of each other.

1. Oh Land - Head Up High (Released 6 October 2014)

I found out about Oh Land last year in April and downloaded her entire discography within minutes. She's got some of the most underrated songs around so you should check her out if you haven't. This was my first experience of her releasing a new song after becoming a fan and it instantly became a favourite for me. I loved the production and the overall sound.

2. Marina and the Diamonds - Froot (Released 10 October 2014)

Marina was always like marmite to me, I didn't know if I loved or hated her and then she dropped 'Froot'. Since that moment it has remained my favourite song by any artist ever. The reason for this is because the melodies, the production and the vocals are all perfect. It's a true song, not just a 3 minute radio friendly track. 

3. Gwen Stefani - Baby Don't Lie (Released 19 October 2014)

Okay, so maybe not the best song ever but the fact I had new Gwen material in my life meant the world to me. Over a year later and it's getting released on CD with 2 new tracks Start A War and Carousel so we've got them to look forward to as well!

Is there a moment in music history you remember for being notorious for a lot of good music coming at once?

Kermit

nov2013

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Didymus

January 2015:

Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper (Panda Bear)

Tetsuo & Youth (Lupe Fiasco)

Vulnicura (Björk)

Viet Cong (Viet Cong)

No Cities to Love (Sleater-Kinney)

Man It Feels Like Space Again (Pond)

Apex Predator - Easy Meat (Napalm Death)

The Child

Hum only one month?

Cause if I had to chose I'd choose August till December 2013 for obvious reasons (ARTPOP, Britney Jean, PRISM, Bangerz, BEYONCE.)

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

I forgot what I had for lunch yesterday, wtf do you think I remember

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Personally, it was spring of 2014. Then I discovered most of the artists that I really love today, such as Todd Terje, Oliver, Yello, Beastie Boys, Fantastic Plastic Machine, Studio Killers, and so on.

I can't really remember a time when lots of good music came out simultaneously, but I can say that I enjoyed autumn of 2012 quite a lot.

Apple for me, apple for you.

DiscoHeaven23

I think October 2013 - November 2013 were the last two exciting months. Music just died after that (Aside from Taylor). This question really made me think hard about it and really the last two years have been Scheiße. The years before that were so good too. Shame. I had so much hope and excitement for Gwen and Fergie last year, but it just fell apart.

Archived