💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Jessica Lange: "I have no idea if Gaga is an actor or not."

PatrickMonster

Featured Posts

Omegahedron

True, we haven't truly seen Gaga try out as an actress.

However, there is definitely a tone to her remarks, pparticularly implying doubt about Gaga and emphasising the quality of the people around her (rather than expressing any faith in her directly).

I wasn't sure of her tone and response in that TV interview, but now I feel I am.

The art of the subtle shade.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona

Whatever Jessica Lange will never be replaced by ANYONE in AHS. Even if I'm glad Gaga is in, I'm still pissed we won't have her for next season.. :usrs:

Dorothy Gale

Her remarks are rude if you ask me. Why even bring up that Gaga is supposedly incapable of acting? It all seems so shady and you guys would agree with me if anyone but Jessica Lange said it. 

She is not shading her, Jessica is never informed about social media or tv, so she basically doesnt know what's happening around her(nor does she have to) therefore probably didnt know who gaga was until casting news arrived.

She lives in her house in the country, in her own world. Let her be, it's just an honest answer. You want her to say how great of a singer and actor gaga is, that's not happening. She's being respectful. 

Pole dancer

djBuffoon

She is not shading her, Jessica is never informed about social media or tv, so she basically doesnt know what's happening around her(nor does she have to) therefore probably didnt know who gaga was until casting news arrived.

She lives in her house in the country, in her own world. Let her be, it's just an honest answer. You want her to say how great of a singer and actor gaga is, that's not happening. She's being respectful. 

This is very true, and something that a lot of people don't know about her. When it comes to pop culture, separate from what she is working on, Lange has said she has no interest in it. So when she says "I don't know if Gaga is an actor", she really doesn't know.

yourfaves

Jessica Lange's knowledge of Lady Gaga is probably that p-p-p-poker face song + meat dress + Oscar's performance.  Of course she's going to question what she's knows as a musician becoming an actress.

Emvee

I mean, damn, did she have to say it like that? Lol in her shoes I would've just been like I'm sure she'll do great! It's called courtesy... but I guess we can't expect that from everybody. 

xzxyyxzx

She will be better than Emma Roberts and Gabby Sidibe, I can say that with certainty. :duck:

do not come for my baby Emma

madgefail2.gif

And people need to stop going back toarry the night as a standard for gagas acting, I personally think that video was awful 

madgefail2.gif

Whispering

I noticed that she emphasized on how she's going to be surrounded by great actors instead of how she is a great actor herself. What is this supposed to mean? :duck:

That she has never seen her act. Simple as that. 

SILENT HILL

People need to stop making a big deal about this. She is just being honest. She doesn't know if she is an actor and neither do we. We just know she is a great performer.

SILENT HILL

exactly!!

LoveandMagic

Jessica sounds like she's being diplomatic. She's not seen Gaga act, so she is being honest here. She's saying that Gaga will have the best tools at her disposal. Which means that even if Gaga is a poor actor, she will have help from a great supporting cast and writers. I think Gaga will kill it, but I appreciate Jessica's honesty. Acting isn't easy, and there is a difference in the different mediums.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

monsterdreams

I think there's doubts but she will do great 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Bad Bromance

To be fair, Jessica Lange doesn't have anything to go by so she's not lying about anything.  I think we're all reading too much into her comments and are blowing them out of proportion out of our love for Gaga.

If you take a step back and read the interview offered in the OP, you will see that she was very diplomatic in her responses because she can't say one way or another since Gaga is not an actress.  Now, it would be shady of her if she didn't want to comment on her singing abilities because who hasn't heard of Lady Gaga?

I think Gaga will be just fine when the new season begins to film.  Let's not forget Gaga is a perfectionist so she's probably taking private acting lessons for all we know.  Do you think she's going to reveal that to the world?  I think not.   :yes:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived