Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Are Gaga MV too Predictable ?

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

It's her style! Just like how Katy Patra does cute poppy themed videos :fan:

I think the G.U.Y. Video is going to be different thought. Yes it'll have choreo but it's slay as always! :party:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I do have to say about her MV is that most often, the quality of the music does not match the quality of the video.

Yes, I just shaded her music a bit.

Her visuals in MV are usually amazing, but the music doesn't really help give the suspense it needs. hence a lot of the climatic scenes in her MV are usually cut-scenes and don't have music in them.

Blue Jeans

i would be fine without dance routines for more videos but most fans love them.

and why would a video not have a great storyline and costumes? :laughga:

I'm not saying that there should not be any storyline or costumes, i'm just saying, that When i think what will Gaga do next, i already pictures those things present

and I think it could be really intersting, if she shocked us with a different kind of video, but well executed

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

TimisaMonster

Soooooo... No story line? No costumes? No choreography?

What's the point of a music video where the music is dance, has a message, and she's KNOWN for her fashion?

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Blue Jeans

Are Blue Jeans' threads too Predictable ?

13.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Freddy Krueger

Sometimes they are a little predictable, but other times they are not, i.e. Alejandro, Born This Way and Edge of Glory. 

Scarlet Witch

Everyone expects a great epic video from gaga. That's what she's famous for. She's like the LOTR of music videos. But she's definitely not predictable. No one expected a Tarantino-esque video for Telephone.

KingOfSpain

Her videography is impressive (masterpieces like PF Paparazzi, BR, Telephone, Alejandro, Judas, Yoü And I...) and it won't be forgotten easily. The only video I don't like is The Edge Of Glory...  :shrug:  

Predictable is the last word you should use to describe Gaga's videography  :coffee:

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Robotboy

I'm not saying that there should not be any storyline or costumes, i'm just saying, that When i think what will Gaga do next, i already pictures those things present

and I think it could be really intersting, if she shocked us with a different kind of video, but well executed

i know what you mean, i imagined DWUW without choreo and more simple..

but sadly we might never know :cryga:

Everyone expects a great epic video from gaga. That's what she's famous for. She's like the LOTR of music videos.

thats a new one :rofl:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Scarlet Witch

i know what you mean, i imagined DWUW without choreo and more simple..

but sadly we might never know :cryga:

thats a new one :rofl:

I mean if you compare her videos to her lessors, hers is more big budgeted and grand. It's an a--logy  :toofloppy:

I don't agree. Sure there is dancing and great costumes and a storyline...but those are all very general and broad subjects.

this, every story line, theme, concept, color scheme are all different. 

You can't compare Marry the Night with Telephone and tell me that they aren't two entirely different videos. 

boniva4lyfe

Yeah but her videos mean something and she works very hard on them. 

I'd rather have that than hot cheeto patra 

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Blue Jeans

Her videography is impressive (masterpieces like PF Paparazzi, BR, Telephone, Alejandro, Judas, Yoü And I...) and it won't be forgotten easily. The only video I don't like is The Edge Of Glory...  :shrug:  

Predictable is the last word you should use to describe Gaga's videography  :coffee:

I agree, i think expressed myself in the wrong way, she has amazing visuals, and the cinamatography is on point, but there's always the same pattern, it doesn't bother me at all, but i think it would be nice, to see another side of Her creativity, something like Fame perfume commercial :shrug:

Like others have said, these three things feel very general and broad and all of them or a combination of them have been present in pop videos dating back to Michael's videos...

I don't see what's bad or predictable about having a storyline. It makes it more interesting than her just like standing around singing a song or whatever.

And what's wrong with good costumes? Would we want her to wear bad costumes?? :S

As far as choreography goes, I'm not bothered. But Gaga is one of the few pop stars around today that still tries to do complicated choreo, and actually can. And her music is dancey so why not? It makes her a triple threat when she's got the song, acting to the story in the video, and dancing.

To me this is just like a check list of what could be present in her videos. To me, this is like saying "Gaga's songs are too predictable because she has backing vocals, a chorus, a drum beat..."

I do understand what you mean but within those three areas you named, Gaga can have unpredictability. Those elements are too general to music videos by any artist to say they are predictable. It's just her nature of videos that happens to make them often be included.

KingOfSpain

I agree, i think expressed myself in the wrong way, she has amazing visuals, and the cinamatography is on point, but there's always the same pattern, it doesn't bother me at all, but i think it would be nice, to see another side of Her creativity, something like Fame perfume commercial :shrug:

She will make a million music videos more. Be patient and you'll be satiesfied. I'm sure she hasn't showed everything she's capable of   :hug:

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Archived