💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Bill Werde wonders if G.U.Y can't turn around things for ARTPOP

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In comparison to the rest of the ARTPOP songs, G.U.Y. Really isn't that quirky.

In comparison to radio, yes, it's quirky.

I have given up on the idea of turning ARTPOP around, to be honest. It flopped in the U.S. and that's that. However, I still have hopes that she'll find singles success- if not with G.U.Y., then with Gypsy or Sexxx Dreams. Maybe even Aura. Beyond that, it'd be better to just move on.

But it is though. Just listen to the intro, the heavy beat, and the lyrics. But to be honest most of the album is weird. And this is because Gaga is always making music that is for the most part different from what is being played on the radio.

I don't see how it's a "quirky" song. It's one of the most radio friendly songs on the album next to Gypsy imo.

En_Sabah_Nur

In comparison to the rest of the ARTPOP songs, G.U.Y. Really isn't that quirky.

In comparison to radio, yes, it's quirky.

I have given up on the idea of turning ARTPOP around, to be honest. It flopped in the U.S. and that's that. However, I still have hopes that she'll find singles success- if not with G.U.Y., then with Gypsy or Sexxx Dreams. Maybe even Aura. Beyond that, it'd be better to just move on.

THIS ^^

Egypt. W

Bad Romance was also considered quirky and we see where that went.

That was back when she had some momentum going in her career and she hadn't yet given the GP a reason to dislike her.

SpadesToStart

Who knows?  What will be will be.  By all logic, DWUW should have been a big hit (even w/out a video) but that never really took off.  Whatever happens, I'm proud of ARTPOP.

I think Werde makes a good point.  It's not that ARTPOP isn't radio-friendly--it's not "in-step" with radio right now.  Dance-pop and EDM just aren't what's hot. Which is unfortunate because dear lord I am sick of ballads.

(you never know though, because G.U.Y. is coming for weaves)

But ARTPOP is not all about EDM or dance pop. She has a trap song Jewels N' Drugs, a Pop Rock/Trap song MANiCURE, two electronic ballads Dope and Gypsy, and DWUW was mostly R&B. And even her EDM songs don't sound like what everyone else has been releasing. When have you heard a song like Aura, MJH, Swine, and Venus on the radio for example?

Who knows?  What will be will be.  By all logic, DWUW should have been a big hit (even w/out a video) but that never really took off.  Whatever happens, I'm proud of ARTPOP.

I think Werde makes a good point.  It's not that ARTPOP isn't radio-friendly--it's not "in-step" with radio right now.  Dance-pop and EDM just aren't what's hot.

(you never know though, because G.U.Y. is coming for weaves)

rivingtonreject

I 100% agree with him. it will surprise me if guy performs well on radio, even if it is my jam..

As much as im not gypsy's biggest fan, it would have been a friendlier single choice

He also thought ARTPOP and PRISM would both open with 400k+ copies

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :giveup:  :giveup:  :giveup:  :giveup:

Archived