💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why I think Aura would have been a perfect lead single!

PrinceCAKE

Featured Posts

I think Aura is too innovative. I really don't think a lot of the GP would like it at all.  It's too "weird".  We're all used to it by now so I think we may have forgotten that, idk.  It's fantastic and I adore it, but I think it's kind of jarring.  The general consensus I've gotten from people who aren't huge fans is that they don't like it at all.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Aura is too innovative. I really don't think a lot of the GP would like it at all. It's too "weird". We're all used to it by now so I think we may have forgotten that, idk. It's fantastic and I adore it, but I think it's kind of jarring. The general consensus I've gotten from people who aren't huge fans is that they don't like it at all.

Pokerface was considered freaky and look at how that turned out

But what if the Telephone sequel isn't Aura? :teehee:

MTE

With gaga you don't know anything :laughga:

I like dancin', and ponies....

Gaga is Life

Oh how I love thinking about the slayage this drips :flutter: Aura did get more attention when it leaked than Applause here so you never know.

Although I think that Applause is a hit song and a great choice for the lead single as well, I really wanted Aura to be the first single....

all the non Gaga fans I know love it and the song blew me away when I first heard it :heart:

Tommy Monster

The more I think about it, the more I´m convinced that it would acctually be perfect... whatever vocals it has, Aura is simply one of the gaga masterpieces :gaga:

EastonEllis

I was thinking of this this morning!

Aura as a lead would have been a great choice too.

And I never doubted that the telephone sequel was Aura tbh.

But Im sure she will release the continuation video with another song and make it work somehow.

djBuffoon

I think Aura is too innovative. I really don't think a lot of the GP would like it at all. It's too "weird". We're all used to it by now so I think we may have forgotten that, idk. It's fantastic and I adore it, but I think it's kind of jarring. The general consensus I've gotten from people who aren't huge fans is that they don't like it at all.

Agreed with everything, except the last bit. Most of the people I've listened to it with thought it was, and I'm quoting, fantastic. Go figure.

Little7Monster

With Born This Way, I assumed it was Americano (it would have been awesome, I think), but then it never came to fruition. Then I think when she said the continuation would be on ARTPOP, and Aura leaked, it was the red herring. It's a good song, and is possible as the continuation, but looking at all the songs at iTunes Festival (which she said it was performed), I think that MANiCURE is a possibility that can't be ignored. I have been one of the ones pushing that song so hard on the boards for the continuation. 

Most people assume Aura just because it starts with "killing" in the lyrics. But MANiCURE does talk about killing a man, and being cured of men; it would work well. It even has a breakdown for a big dance scene, much like the Telephone video. It may be very commercial, but it would do well on the radio because it is so tame, yet fun. It's catchy, and just a fun song that people can jam to in their cars. If she waits and releases it in the spring like Telephone, it could be a big spring/summer hit. 

Aura is still good, but I think it is too obvious for the continuation. It could work too, but I don't think the intro is intended for a continuation, but as a way of saying Gaga killed her former self, and is reborn in ARTPOP (as most people want those lines to be her killing Beyonce in the video). Gaga doesn't write the song for the video. 

holy scheisse

Cant we all just be satisfied with the actual first single?!

:golfclap:  :applause: #justice4applause :applause:  :golfclap:

Freddy Krueger

With Born This Way, I assumed it was Americano (it would have been awesome, I think), but then it never came to fruition. Then I think when she said the continuation would be on ARTPOP, and Aura leaked, it was the red herring. It's a good song, and is possible as the continuation, but looking at all the songs at iTunes Festival (which she said it was performed), I think that MANiCURE is a possibility that can't be ignored. I have been one of the ones pushing that song so hard on the boards for the continuation. 

Most people assume Aura just because it starts with "killing" in the lyrics. But MANiCURE does talk about killing a man, and being cured of men; it would work well. It even has a breakdown for a big dance scene, much like the Telephone video. It may be very commercial, but it would do well on the radio because it is so tame, yet fun. It's catchy, and just a fun song that people can jam to in their cars. If she waits and releases it in the spring like Telephone, it could be a big spring/summer hit. 

Aura is still good, but I think it is too obvious for the continuation. It could work too, but I don't think the intro is intended for a continuation, but as a way of saying Gaga killed her former self, and is reborn in ARTPOP (as most people want those lines to be her killing Beyonce in the video). Gaga doesn't write the song for the video. 

It could be MANiCURE, but I'm rooting for Aura, it's godly tbh.  :giveup:

I can't think of a better song to end the epic trilogy. 

Although I think that Applause is a hit song and a great choice for the lead single as well, I really wanted Aura to be the first single....

all the non Gaga fans I know love it and the song blew me away when I first heard it :heart:

Same here.

If MANiCURE is the continuation I'd be so disappointed . But hey everything is possible, like katy perry cannot sing and she is a popular singer lol

Little7Monster

It could be MANiCURE, but I'm rooting for Aura, it's godly tbh.  :giveup:

I can't think of a better song to end the epic trilogy. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Aura as well. I was just considering other options, and what could be the "best" move. Aura is great, I like it a lot, but she may use MANiCURE because it is safer. If the public gets back that she brings up religious elements in music, they may get mad about the one burqa reference, or the overt s-xual references. 

Either would be great songs for the trilogy ender, but I don't want it to be something else and everyone is sure it's Aura. That kind of hype is what makes people disappointed in what Gaga does. ARTPOP is good, but it didn't match the hype that fans created. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived