UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

Polydor tweeted this:

For all those @ladygaga fans asking, unfortunately the UK has different chart rules to the US for instant grat tracks on iTunes.

So Do What U Want won't show in the official chart until after the album comes out, even though it's 8 on iTunes.

We wanted all the fans who pre-ordered the album to get the song instantly same as the rest of the world!

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born To Slay

It will tie The Edge of Glory (both 11 weeks in the top 10), but yeah.

And then pass it!

Americano

Polydor tweeted this:

For all those @ladygaga fans asking, unfortunately the UK has different chart rules to the US for instant grat tracks on iTunes.

So Do What U Want won't show in the official chart until after the album comes out, even though it's 8 on iTunes.

We wanted all the fans who pre-ordered the album to get the song instantly same as the rest of the world!

the bitterness in their tweet LOL

GagaMyBlood95

Polydor tweeted this:

ohh well...We can't do anything about it, just wait for the album release...

7 The Wanted - Show Me Love (America) 0.5133 0.5449

8 Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (feat. R. Kelly) 0.4561 0.4668

Running for that #7 

:party:

Polydor tweeted this:

****ing idiots RELEASE IT AS A SINGLE AKLERIUEKDJFIU;KSJEFIUOERW

:party:

****ing idiots RELEASE IT AS A SINGLE AKLERIUEKDJFIU;KSJEFIUOERW

Same thoughts. :smh:

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

It just worries me because Venus would've obviously still been released like this too if it was 2nd, and we would've hyped it up for ages for a huge debut with the X Factor performance etc, but it wouldn't have charted anyway. I think the messy sudden change in single has softened this blow for us a bit at least, mainly cos we already knew we were losing the first week.

It just worries me because Venus would've obviously still been released like this too if it was 2nd, and we would've hyped it up for ages for a huge debut with the X Factor performance etc, but it wouldn't have charted anyway. I think the messy sudden change in single has softened this blow for us a bit at least, mainly cos we already knew we were losing the first week.

In a way I suppose the chart inelligibility  (most likely) made us forget about the charts and hopefully focus more on the music, if that makes sense...

Archived